Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-03-2020, 08:44 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
MASSAGE OILS?

Has anybody made their own massage oils?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-08-2020, 07:57 AM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,975
  Elfin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Has anybody made their own massage oils?
....Hi.... I used to mix my own from a base oil and experiment mixing different aromatherapy oils together etc.... But I have never actually made my own oils, if that's what you mean.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-08-2020, 05:37 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....Hi.... I used to mix my own from a base oil and experiment mixing different aromatherapy oils together etc.... But I have never actually made my own oils, if that's what you mean.....

What you first said is what I meant.

I work with oils every once in a while.

Over the years, I have added more oils.


With the oils, I regularly make my own incense and bottle up some of the oils.


What oils did you mostly work with?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22-08-2020, 07:10 AM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,975
  Elfin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What you first said is what I meant.

I work with oils every once in a while.

Over the years, I have added more oils.


With the oils, I regularly make my own incense and bottle up some of the oils.


What oils did you mostly work with?
Hi....Oh it would be quicker to tell you which oils I DIDNT work with. I was obsessed with aromatherapy oils. Hosted parties each month and built up my collection over several months . Eventually a business associate suggest we went into our own aromatherapy business together. For this we had to do a training course and learn everything about each oil..it's uses..how to use...how to mix..which can go directly on skin ( very very few )...which ones to use for certain ailments...which ones to avoid for certain ailments etc etc....But I had so much fun at home , used them for everything...I became like a mad professor...!!.... Then just before the business was due to launch, he pulled out saying he was too busy to take it on, and I was not in a position to take on the venture on my own....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-08-2020, 12:37 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi....Oh it would be quicker to tell you which oils I DIDNT work with. I was obsessed with aromatherapy oils. Hosted parties each month and built up my collection over several months . Eventually a business associate suggest we went into our own aromatherapy business together. For this we had to do a training course and learn everything about each oil..it's uses..how to use...how to mix..which can go directly on skin ( very very few )...which ones to use for certain ailments...which ones to avoid for certain ailments etc etc....But I had so much fun at home , used them for everything...I became like a mad professor...!!.... Then just before the business was due to launch, he pulled out saying he was too busy to take it on, and I was not in a position to take on the venture on my own....

AMAZING!

I learn something new.....
about you every day.


I have at least 2 - 1 gallon jugs of 'something' that 'cuts' the oils down. Why I say 'something' is when I buy it, I just say the 'stuff that cuts the oil'. Also, the 2 - 1 gallon jugs neither have labels on them.
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23-08-2020, 04:34 AM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,975
  Elfin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
AMAZING!

I learn something new.....
about you every day.


I have at least 2 - 1 gallon jugs of 'something' that 'cuts' the oils down. Why I say 'something' is when I buy it, I just say the 'stuff that cuts the oil'. Also, the 2 - 1 gallon jugs neither have labels on them.
LOL.....are you sure it's not engine oil..??.....!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-08-2020, 12:43 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
LOL.....are you sure it's not engine oil..??.....!!!
LOL!

I buy from 2 companies and the 'stuff' comes in a 1 gallon jug. No label. and I have forgotten what it is called....

Maybe I should be more attentive.....


Sometimes....I get stuff I really do not know what to do with them. For example, right by my table is a bottle of oil of sassafras. I got this oil..... really long story.
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-08-2020, 07:25 AM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,975
  Elfin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
LOL!

I buy from 2 companies and the 'stuff' comes in a 1 gallon jug. No label. and I have forgotten what it is called....

Maybe I should be more attentive.....


Sometimes....I get stuff I really do not know what to do with them. For example, right by my table is a bottle of oil of sassafras. I got this oil..... really long story.
.....JOHN..!!!!!!...... Oh dear lord... Are you fit to be let loose???..... And more to the point, am I now in danger of "aiding and abetting" and withholding information....where can I hide ??...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-08-2020, 06:59 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
.....JOHN..!!!!!!...... Oh dear lord... Are you fit to be let loose???..... And more to the point, am I now in danger of "aiding and abetting" and withholding information....where can I hide ??...

I can put an air conditioner in my shed and you can hide in there.

I will make sure nobody comes in .........
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25-08-2020, 07:48 AM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,975
  Elfin's Avatar
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I can put an air conditioner in my shed and you can hide in there.

I will make sure nobody comes in .........
....Ooohh... Yes please....All that lovely sunshine and heat!....I'm on my way!....Ah...but I know your game....you'll be wanting a massage or two to test the oils LOL...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums