Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 11-06-2018, 06:28 AM
Master
Killed a scorpion dream

Dreamt Matt and I and our dog Lady were sitting in our living room. We was watching tv and all of a sudden Matt said to me that Lady had just been stung. I looked at our leather sofa and there was a giant hornet on the sofa continuously stabbing the sofa with its stinger and I could see it going into the leather easily each time and I thought that just of really hurt Lady. She just looked at me sadly but wasn't showing pain. Then when I went to kill it, it flew off and there was a while that i was trying to squash it or Wack it in the air but I couldn't. Then we didn't know where it was so i was looking for it. Eventually I was looking down the back of the sofa and I moved the curtains so i could see the floor behind and there it was. I got this thing I've not seen before that had a stick and two prongs at the end and went to squash it but as I got closer the hornet turnt into a Scorpion and it's pincers were up in the air trying to get me and it's tail was getting ready. The two prongs just went either side so it wasn't going to work. So I told Matt to get me a glass but he wouldn't or wasn't quick enough so i grabbed a ceramic bottle and just went for it and squashed the Scorpion. Then I was like phew that was close and we spoke about it for a moment then Carried on relaxing I was soothing Lady after too.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:56 AM
Master
i'm imagining the hornet/scorpion to be your ego-identity.
it had (apparently) stung your dog (best friend/higher self)
and you'd determined to eradicate it. the process of killing
off the ego was difficult, and it turned on you too, but the
task was completed [or was it?].
Old 11-06-2018, 07:02 AM
Master
I felt maybe it was relating to my mum as she text me yesterday, I feel so uncomfortable inside whenever she contacts me. I want to call the relationship off with her and my family but I'm scared how if they will react. Last time I deleted my mum off Facebook when Inused it years ago she came storming to my ex boyfriends house and we ended up fighting. She's always overstepping my boundaries like I text her back last week saying I'd meet her after work for a coffee. She didn't reply even though she just text saying she misses me so much which is the reason i replied as I felt bad for her. When I told her I'm working from home she suggested bringing lunch to mine which I said yeah but now I feel she's taking the mick and just trying to get in my house and over my boundaries. About My step dad I'm cringing about the thought of having to text him happy Father's Day next week when I don't have a "father" in my life. My mum annoys the hell out of me and I don't trust her. The only nag is my youngest sister who I'd love to stay in contact with but don't know if she is on their side deep down or if she is loyal to me. It's hard to tell and I don't know what to do. I wish they could just disappear out of my life. I just keep asking God to help me because I don't want to fight anyone.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:08 AM
Master
That's interesting, I have been working on my perceptions and it can be confusing at times with the ego. I did squash it but i didn't see it was totally dead so maybe it wasn't completely but just squashed which I will keep an eye out for. Sometimes I wonder if I really do have enemies like my family who bring me down or if it is just my mind and how I take things and act that makes me feel like that. I am struggling with this and I've even saying I want a therapist, someone who professionally can listen and say if it's people in my life or me. Either people are taking advantage of my nature and I'm naive to it, or it's my own psyche I'm battling with. I'd go with the later on the basis that I know everything is within and it's our own creations but then if you just have hurtful people in your life then what do you say to that?
Old 11-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Master
i say, set your ego aside and just be authentic to your nature.
if you have hurtful people in your life, perhaps you can express
how particular things are seeming to hurt you.
could it be that everyone is actually "on your side"?
what is your side?
is your side in opposition to something?
i believe that your authentic self is genuinely at peace with life,
and the people you encounter within it. be true to that way of
being and let all those conflicts which don't serve your wellness
evaporate into the nothingness which manufactured them.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:25 AM
Master
I see, I have visions of scenarios where I do tell them these things but I feel scared to do it. I guess I need to just pluck up the courage too. Thanks Horace.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
I see, I have visions of scenarios where I do tell them these things but I feel scared to do it. I guess I need to just pluck up the courage too. Thanks Horace.
yw.
i suggest that you "be in the moment", and don't hit people over the head
with a laundry list of infractions they commit. let your loving nature be the
primary facet of self which you share with the world... only pluck up that
courage when you need to... trust in your instincts... don't let your sense
of self become squashed by those seeking to do something they think good.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
I'm not sure I totally made this connection but I have read that the main job of the ego is to protect us so it looks out for itself and hence we can come off appearing selfish but it's about self preservation. I do suspect the hornet and scorpion represent your parents or the negative energy surrounding the relationship that feels like a threat to you that you want to kill off. You feel stung by the things they say. Makes sense if they are passive aggressive sorts with strings attached to their love. But my impression is that your ego is turning them into an enemy which is what is making them so threatening to you. You can kill off the relationships but until you confront who they represent you may continue to attract those sorts of people

The idea is to not simply cut out or run away from people and things that make us feel bad and uncomfortable. We turn those things that do that into the enemy so we can feel justified in cutting those things out of our life. We are protecting ourselves But true freedom and liberation comes from confronting the beliefs and misperceptions behind the feelings. If we simple attempt to escape the feelings they will likely come back. Work to understand the feelings and what is underneath them and be liberated for life

So why have your parents become the enemy? What are they threatening in you? What feelings do they bring up, fear, guilt, blame, self doubt? Identify the feeling more and you may uncover what they are triggering in you that feels threatening. Odds are whatever it is, is based in a lie or misunderstanding but we have to become aware of the confusion to see we can easily change our minds about things and break the hold someone has over us. Once the control they have over you is broken you will be able to be around them and not feel threatened. Get to that place and no one in this world can hold you hostage with fear.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Master
I see, I certainly don't want to attract more people like that. I feel like they want to control my life and who I'm with and what I do. When I talk to them, at times I see a disapproving look in their eye like they judge my choices. I feel that they aren't too keen on Matt although my mum has seen more of him and likes what she see's, she has gone back and told my family private conversations that Matt told her in confidence. They message me and I don't want to reply, then when I do, they disregard my questions or don't reply at all. I find them dismissive and demeaning to who I am. They make horrible comments like racist jokes which I hate. They are very manipulative and I don't really see how I can deal with untrustworthy and manipulative people. I end up doubting myself when I am with them, and fearful of their actions because guess I doubt myself and it becomes a vicious cycle. I want to be able to sit there and speak my mind, challenge what I disagree with etc but I just see myself crumbling and I always do. I know the answer is learning how to deal with them effortlessly then as a result I would be able to deal with like people, but getting there seems scary to me at the moment and means I'll be in situations I wont want to be in! I do just want to squash them out my life, but like you say someone else with the same energy will probably come into my life anyway. Thank you Michelle!
Old 11-06-2018, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
The truth is it is more about you then about them. It's not about defending yourself against how they treat you but about changing how they treat you affects you. I let go of my father and the hold he had over me by getting to the awareness that he can have an opinion on how I should live my life and I don't have to agree with it. We can be on different pages and that is OK. It was extremely liberating and my hatred for him faded in an instant. I actually began to see how trapped he was in his little box unable to see any way but his own. It's a very closed perspective. But prior to that awareness I kind of wanted him dead or at least out of my life. It's not that we are bad people just that we are ready to fight back and take back our autonomy from people who have over powered us and made us feel self conscious and unsure of ourselves but we just don't know how to do that yet.

We have to listen to our parents when we are kids, we have no choice, they hold all the cards. But with overbearing parents we can sometimes fail to see we have to power to take control back for ourselves when we become adults. We still operate from a place of thinking they have the final say and we are supposed to do what they want. It just isn't so. We aren't perpetual children, we are adults. You do not have to do anything anyone says regardless of any shade they throw at you. They can have an opinion or even a judgement but that doesn't make it true so why let it color how you feel. Especially if it is something that makes you feel badly about yourself. If someone is doing something that makes you feel bad about yourself then they are the ones with the problem offloading their pain on innocent people. Odds are they are doing it because that is how they were raised but it still doesn't mean you have to stand for it. Simply separate who you are from how others treat you understanding it isn't personal and isn't a true reflection of who you actually are.

So why do you still listen? What can you do to stop aside from cutting them out of your life? They can't have control of your life unless you let them have control. Simply refuse to give it to them. Your opinion is the only opinion that matters. But it isn't a competition. Your opinion is what matters to you and their opinion matters to them. They don't have to match. Live your truth and let them live theirs and then let the chips fall where they may.

I saw a really good movie a few months ago titled, The Big Sick. It's about a comedian whose heritage is I think Pakistani from India. His mother was doing everything in her power to set her son up with a proper wife from their culture but he was in love with an American girl. The mother told him he was cut out of the family, he was dead to her. But he refused to let that be true. He showed up the next Sunday to their weekly dinner and said you may not approve of who I want in my life but you can't kick me out of the family. Eventually the mother let go of her ridged thinking that was going to end a relationship with her son.

Of course, your situation is a bit different. The comedian's mother was very loving despite being trapped in old outdated traditions. The son initially betrayed his truth and almost lost the girl until he stood up and said no more. I will live my life as I see fit. They were both healed in the process. It sounds like your parents use guilt and shame to get you to do what they want but you don't have to listen or take any of it on. You can learn to say no and let that be the end of it. However anyone else takes it is their problem, not your fault. Hugs.