Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 08-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Ascender

A story of a seeker after truth.

There was once a traveller, a seeker of truth. For many years the traveller sought direction. Some said," Look, look, the truth is here"--" No. no " said others, " it is here!"
The traveller wearied, became baffled and tired--and fell asleep.
Upon waking the traveller decided to search alone, to travel lightly carrying little, and to simply observe making daily notes of observations in a journal.
The traveller soon left familiar paths and landscape, and after some time came to rugged terrain. One day, late in the day, coming to the edge of a deep, deep ravine. Though deep, the ravine was not so very wide,and though a mist rose from the deep, the traveller could make out features on the opposite side of the ravine.
Suddenly, the traveller heard a great peal of delighted laughter, and peering through the mist was able to make out the shape of a cloaked figure standing by a large and unusually shaped rock, and seemed to be gazing at a book held at arms length.
"Hello!", called the traveller.
The laughter stopped abruptly, the figure turned peering toward the traveller, and after a few moments replied, " Hello, what do you want ?"
"I need help to cross." called the traveller.
"Why do you wish to cross ?" replied the cloaked figure.
"I am travelling in search of truth." said the traveller.

There was a long silence, and then the figure replied. " At last, I fully understand."
"But can you help me ?" asked the traveller.
"Yes, but though I cannot help you cross, this book will help you"--so replied the figure holding up the book.--" I will leave it here under this rock."
"But I cannot reach it." called the traveller.
" You will find a way," said the figure--" Now I must leave for I can no longer stay."

Mist rose more densely from the ravine, and when it cleared sufficiently to see across once more, the figure had disappeared.

Although the traveller had decided to seek alone, the incident provoked intense curiosity and therefore the traveller now became determined to reach the other side of the ravine and to find the rock of unusual shape in order to retrieve the book.
The journey along the edge of the ravine was arduous, and many times hopeful gullies turned into dead ends. Eventually, after many difficulties the traveller reached a point where the edges of the ravine dropped down to the river below, and finally found a crossing place.
Then followed the journey back along the opposite side ofthe ravine, always searching for the rock of unusual shape.
One day, late in the day, with the sun low and mist rising, the traveller stopped suddenly and gasped. There, in the near distance, was the rock at the edge of the ravine.

The traveller threw all caution to the wind and ran wildly to the rock, cloak flying. Reaching the rock and stopping abruptly the traveller leapt under the rock scrambling and searching for the book--but saw nothing.
But wait, could the hands, the finges of one hand perhaps, reach further beneath the rock, out of sight but able to feel ?
The fingers did reach--and felt the regular shape of something apparently hidden where no eye could see it.
Grasping tightly the traveller pulled the object from its resting place and wriggled out from beneath the rock, stood beside it and held the object up for examination.
For a moment the traveller stood rigid, and then suddenly let out the most enormous and delighted peal of laughter.
It was a book, it was the travellers own journal which must have flown out of the pocket of the travellers cloak as the traveller scrambled to get beneath the rock and had come to rest out of sight beneath the rock.

Suddenly, through the mist rising from the ravine came a cry--" Hello"
The traveller smiled as understanding began to dawn.

petex
Old 19-11-2017, 09:58 PM
Ascender

The story continues :-

For a moment the traveller ponders and then replies--"hello, what do you want?"
The answer came back--"I need help to cross".
"Why do you wish to cross", called the traveller.
Again an answer came back across the ravine-" I am travelling in search of truth".
Once more the traveller pondered for a moment before replying " At last I fully understand".
"But can you help me?" came the reply.
"Yes", called the traveller, and holding the book up continued,--" but though I cannot help you cross this book will help you. I will leave it here under this rock."
"But I cannot reach it". came the answer back.
With great certainty the traveller replied--"You will find a way. Now I must go for I can no longer stay."
petex
Old 24-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Experiencer
good story..love to read more.

God bless you
Old 25-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Ascender

Hello whitelotus. Your appreciation is very welcome as trying to convert the idea into words scrambled my head a good deal and I was not sure if it would be understood.
It's a story unlike any other which has come to me, seeming to present a reality a bit like a Mobius strip but in words (?). and it presented a struggle as already mentioned. petex
Old 20-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Ascender

Hello guthrio.

You have just posted to me a most gracious reply on a different thread. Thank you, I am greatly uplifted.

Since your reply also mentioned a travellers DIY search, I would like to dedicate this story to you--with a big smile and handshake.

petex

PS. This added as an edit.

After posting this it suddenly occured to me that, coincidentally, the story itself says a little about the interchangeability of cause and effect? With no intent on my part that it should do so whilst it unfolded. Just the way it turned out.
Old 21-12-2019, 02:35 AM
Master
A story of a seeker after truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello guthrio.

You have just posted to me a most gracious reply on a different thread. Thank you, I am greatly uplifted.

Since your reply also mentioned a travellers DIY search, I would like to dedicate this story to you--with a big smile and handshake.

petex

PS. This added as an edit.

After posting this it suddenly occured to me that, coincidentally, the story itself says a little about the interchangeability of cause and effect? With no intent on my part that it should do so whilst it unfolded. Just the way it turned out.

Petex,

Thank you for the gift of this story, which I enjoyed very much...now mirrored on the other thread, to be forever interlinked in cause and effect interchangeability with this one.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)