Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 21-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Guide
Police in dreams

Is anyone else frequented by police in dreams? Id like to hear your thoughts on them. It seems to be my common theme, often running from cops, but one time i was caught and became lucid and it was the most spiritual dream ive ever had as the cop called himself Destiny "does that mean im gonna get caught for something?" "Haha it has nothing to do with that" he said. we then talked about what jobs i could do while the driver cop was speeding the cruiser along.

Last night i was accused of stealing, the store owner held me for 30 mins as i tried to convince her i hadnt done it. I finally ran for it, hopped in a friends car, he sped away but crashed just beside the store. I got out and ran. An ambulance drove by and put an APB on me with his radio. I ran through a forest, avoided a low flying police copter, then it ended with an off duty cop accidentally hitting me while walking his dog

I think a video game initially caused my cop dreams, but now it seems to be my main common theme.
Old 22-01-2017, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator
For me police dreams generally symbolize my guilt. Feeling like I did something wrong and will get in trouble for it. It could be from others or from myself but regardless there is a sense that I am not behaving properly. They say what we focus on becomes our destiny. This isn't necessarily a conscious thing. If our state of being is in constant worry about whether or not we are being good or doing the right thing it can turn into a destiny of always feeling caught in the wrong so to speak, even when we don't actually do anything wrong, we can still feel like we did. People who were raised with an authoritative parent figure or super religious dogma can fall prey to this. It can literally drive our life without our really even knowing it. So do you have some underlying anxiety or guilty feelings a lot? Feel like you should or shouldn't be doing something? You may be programmed to live up to other people's expectations and feel guilty when you don't measure up to them.

The dream seems to indicate that you are doing your best to stand up to others making you feel like you are doing something wrong but instinctively you still want to run only you really can't anymore because you wind up crashing and getting caught in guilt anyways. It is time to get picked up by an ambulance and heal this idea that you are doing something wrong. Live your life based on how you see fit, not others and you may be able to move past feeling guilty. There are no rules in life except the ones we put upon ourselves and sometimes those we put upon ourselves were programmed into us from our upbringing. Once you start to see it you will be able to heal it.
Old 22-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Pathfinder

Hey Brucely

All dream symbology is a refection of our own internal landscape that is they represent our, feelings, emotions and behaviour in some way shape or form.

Police often represents some masculine authority, often beliefs or thoughts and attitudes that could assist you in life, if you allow them. Running from them indicates that you are not currently able to “ask for or receive higher help”. In dreams they often serve as guides that can offer you assistance in some way.

Females in dreams often represent feelings or emotions, being held by the store owner may show you how you are being held by some emotion and the internal battle that ensues. To run away is to run away from this feeling or emotion that causes you to panick.

Cars often are a comment on our daily life and your friend seems to represent some attitude or behaviour that takes you away from this place or allows you to escape when you find yourself captive by uncomfortable feelings. If you reflect on your daily life you may be able to pinpoint emotional situations that cause you to panick and feel uncomfortable. What is your attitude and behaviour when you find yourself in these situations?

The ambulance here seems to indicate some form of healing is available and the police as already mentioned indicate beliefs or thoughts and attitudes that could assist you in some way when you encounter this internal landscape in self rather than being 'driven' by a familiar attitude or behaviour that has assisted you in the past to deal with uncomfortable situations. As a result when you do encounter uncomfortable emotions the flight response you have takes you into an unconscious place 'the forest' and you lose your awareness around the situation.

This scenario will keep replaying in your life until you make what ever it is that panicks you conscious. Understanding and bringing to awareness our emotional self is key in addressing why we act the way we do. Our emotions often govern our attitudes and behaviour.

Keeping a journal may assist you in some way to reflect on your current personal life writing down how you feel in your day to day situations and events that you encounter may help you to shed more light on your dream.

These are just some ideas to your dreams meaning. Good Luck with it all

Last edited by WhiteLion : 22-01-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 22-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Master
police are rules enforcers. what seems to be happening is that you've
created some rules for your life that you're not aware of (it was done
from a 'higher perspective', before you'd incarnated with memory loss).
this amounts to having a destiny, and the police show up to make
certain that you're operating within the framework of your design.
you still have free-will, as evidenced by the dream where you'd been
discussing what jobs you might work at.
Old 23-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Guide
Horace, whitelions first paragraphs and mostly michelle's second paragraph resonate with me best.

I definitely love getting caught because the two times i have led to very intriguing conversations, so i hate waking up realizing i was running from them possibly missing out on some insight. Ill have to look back in my notes, see if theres a pattern.