Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 14-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Kaiteekins

Thanks guys I'll see what I can find c:
Old 14-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
yes, indeed, it is! I love the way you describe this! Also the bit on how it absorbs etc.
In our masculine society ppl aren't really aware / in touch with the real feminine energies and power anymore. But it's slowly coming back!

Do NOT use vinegar on any other crystal than black tourmaline!!! This is to be used on black tourmaline only!

Black tourmaline nicely combines with other crystals. I've used it with yellow calcite as well.
You can also combine it with rose quartz when you use it on the meter box, to add a loving vibe to it all, as opposed to just blocking the energies.

I also feel strongly about combining BT with (natural) citrine. But I also feel that that is an extremely powerful combination, to be used carefully.
Can't explain that in detail, gut feeling. (I'm not talking about a tumbled citrine, but my natural master citrine point, lol)
If you got an insight on these two, I'm all ears!

To add to you, Phantasmic Fox, the way you describe BT to work, is also what an elder tree does: absorb and deflect negative energy into the earth. Elder wood has a soft core, although when it ages, it tends to get harder. Used to be planted close to homes and farms to ward off negativity, but it also absorbs etc, exactly what you describe.
Explains to me why I wanted a black crystal on my elder wand, although I had doubts about it, as clear crystal also felt good. I felt I needed to change a black and clear crystal on Beltane and Samhain. Maybe I will do this! You've inspired me

It is funny you would bring up calcite, because I have desired its clear form ever since I got my black tourmaline. It would indeed be a very powerful duo. I get butterflies thinking about them together.

Very powerful together, perceptively working in perfect contrast, so you are right it must be handled with care and consideration. It would be a combo I would use on special occasions, like on the sabbats or for anything over a long distance, such as distant healing or communication.

Thanks for the information on the elder tree, I didn't know that about them. It explains why it is so powerful and such a favourite in metaphysical practices. I have always wanted one close to home, but all in my town are ornamental and unaccessible. One day I would like a wand fashioned from elder wood. A dream I am sure many have.
Old 14-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Master
Once, some 6 years ago, they were cutting down a huge, old elder tree in town. I was heartbroken, didn't understand why they were cutting it down, it was enormous, not in the way of anything or anyone.
I put as much of the branches an part of its trunk in my car. Think my ex thought I was nuts when I came home with a car full up with elder branches and half a trunk, haha.
But I couldn't let this poor tree get treated like that, least I could do was salvage much of the remains and use it indoors for season decoration (Samhain i.e.). I put the trunk in my crystal & meditation room. Did some energy work on it as well, to heal it.
When I moved to my current home, I wanted it in the living room, but my cats felt it was really nice to scratch, grrr!! So now it's upstairs in my (new) crystal & meditation room. Got a fake crow sitting on it and my Aboriginal necklaces dangling off of it I always got another part (part of a thicker branch) on a cupboard with decoration on and around it, little cutes gnomes, my Welsh dragon figurine etc.
I got a wand and a larger (thin) branch stripped of its bark, it's such lovely wood! Pale, soft, just wonderful!
Don't ever burn elder wood! You will have to deal with Frau Holle's if you do, not pleasant (Yes, elder is connected to the fairy tale Frau Holle. She's a mythical character, Norse and/or German tradition. The fairy tale is based on that)
It's really cool to feel the energies of trees! I always feel that elder is one you don't approach just like that. It has a solemn feel to it, kinda like a aristocratic snobby old lady. Doesn't go for every elder tree, but some older ones really do have that vibe.
I like hawthorn as well, connected to The Faery. If you plant one, you may never ever dig it up to plant it elsewhere. Bad things will happen as you will upset the Faery. There's this story that the Delorian car factory (as in the car from Back to the Future) had a hawthorn tree moved. Shortly after that, business went down the hill and they went bust.
Not sure if anyone knows whether this is a true story, but I ain't got hawthorn in my garden, haha. I wouldn't mind, but I do tend to move plants when I change plans and I would seriously never ever move a hawthorn. So best not to plant one to begin with :p
Old 16-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Once, some 6 years ago, they were cutting down a huge, old elder tree in town. I was heartbroken, didn't understand why they were cutting it down, it was enormous, not in the way of anything or anyone.
I put as much of the branches an part of its trunk in my car. Think my ex thought I was nuts when I came home with a car full up with elder branches and half a trunk, haha.
But I couldn't let this poor tree get treated like that, least I could do was salvage much of the remains and use it indoors for season decoration (Samhain i.e.). I put the trunk in my crystal & meditation room. Did some energy work on it as well, to heal it.
When I moved to my current home, I wanted it in the living room, but my cats felt it was really nice to scratch, grrr!! So now it's upstairs in my (new) crystal & meditation room. Got a fake crow sitting on it and my Aboriginal necklaces dangling off of it I always got another part (part of a thicker branch) on a cupboard with decoration on and around it, little cutes gnomes, my Welsh dragon figurine etc.
I got a wand and a larger (thin) branch stripped of its bark, it's such lovely wood! Pale, soft, just wonderful!
Don't ever burn elder wood! You will have to deal with Frau Holle's if you do, not pleasant (Yes, elder is connected to the fairy tale Frau Holle. She's a mythical character, Norse and/or German tradition. The fairy tale is based on that)
It's really cool to feel the energies of trees! I always feel that elder is one you don't approach just like that. It has a solemn feel to it, kinda like a aristocratic snobby old lady. Doesn't go for every elder tree, but some older ones really do have that vibe.
I like hawthorn as well, connected to The Faery. If you plant one, you may never ever dig it up to plant it elsewhere. Bad things will happen as you will upset the Faery. There's this story that the Delorian car factory (as in the car from Back to the Future) had a hawthorn tree moved. Shortly after that, business went down the hill and they went bust.
Not sure if anyone knows whether this is a true story, but I ain't got hawthorn in my garden, haha. I wouldn't mind, but I do tend to move plants when I change plans and I would seriously never ever move a hawthorn. So best not to plant one to begin with :p
Sad to hear about the elder tree in your town. Good to know you were there to salvage what you could and make use of her wood. I know these trees should never be harmed, and the wood never burned, but I never knew exactly why. The most I knew is that it is a consecrated tree, highly prized amongst spiritual communities. You're lucky to have been there to save the wood. I would bet the tree chose you in particular. I love what you've done with the pieces you retrieved, sounds beautiful. You must be proud. Interesting about the hawthorn, another amazing specimen. These trees (elder and hawthorn) are true reminders of the importance of the preservation of nature, especially plant life. It's a good thing they have protectors like the fae.
Old 18-05-2014, 11:57 AM
abluesgirl

help with mood

Pink Kunzite!!!!

I have two pendants made of it, and it always cheers me up.

I find people are drawn to me and are nicer to me when I wear it...
Old 19-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesgirl
Pink Kunzite!!!!

I have two pendants made of it, and it always cheers me up.

I find people are drawn to me and are nicer to me when I wear it...
I have read about kunzite... Supposedly a very calming and grounding stone that possesses the powers of venus and earth. It's a stone that emits loving vibes which explains why people are drawn to you when you carry it. When you emit love in your aura things are drawn to you. The attraction you experience carrying kunzite is relative to this vibration in your aura. It is. Strong love stone. Since it is a powerful feminine stimulant I suggest matching it with a projective stone such as calcite, crystal quartz, or another projective stone. What other stones do you have on hand?

I suggest pairing this stone so you avoid "wearing rose colored glasses". Something tells me this isn't something you need worry about because you know how to deal with it intellectually without my intervention but I feel you need something to confirm your intuitive thoughts. Don't be blinded by emotion. Simply allow your feelings to light the path. You cannot make the wrong choice following your heart. I also suggest collecting darker stones such as obsidian, black tourmaline, and onyx to create balance... Or whatever captivates your eye. Good luck in your collecting of magickal stones.
Old 19-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Phantasmic Fox

P.S, I personally love black tourmaline when it comes to balancing out negative, or positive vibes ( either can cause harm). Very strong, yet gentle, stone... Especially if you can find a piece composes of other unique stones. You'll know it when you see it; or, better yet, hold it and feel it.
Old 21-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Pathfinder
Aquamarine helps me with unfriendly company
Old 21-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Knower
Hi fairy...sad to hear your elder tree story, and indeed you are right about not burning it, as its part of the wiccan rede "And as for the ladys tree, burn it not or cursed ye'll be" which of course is the lady elders ⭐❤⭐