Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-06-2023, 08:51 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
To Mo, Redchic was obviously being funny, re savages. I did not think you were...even now reading it again. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
No problem….I am accustomed to being judged differently……
Old 14-06-2023, 07:44 AM
Master

Wow just logged on and found all these responses. Brilliant.

First of all I better clear up the word Savages. Yes your right Miss H I was having a laugh and not meaning for it to be taken literally.

Australians, generally speaking are quite an irreverent lot and a bit rough around the edges compared to other countries. We are very laid back and believe in the old saying, Live and let live. We actually don’t take many things seriously, especially religion, but when we do, well all hell will break loose then. But it takes a lot for the average Aussie to get to that point.

So saying the word savages was actually taking the p……… out of ourselves! This is something we do a lot as well as you can tell from my comments.

Hope that’s cleared that point up.
Old 14-06-2023, 08:48 AM
Master

Molearner.

When i mentioned New Age movement I actually was referring to Spirituality in general and no they don’t meet in a particular group but instead they all go about their business in various ways. Some follow the eastern philosophies, some meet in non religious groups for meditation and many will flit from one group to another picking up whatever they feel they need at different places.

I think why religions don’t work anymore over here because Aussies in general do not like people/pastors/priests/Gurus who elevate themselves above others ie seeing themselves greater/better/more knowledgeable than the rest of us. This goes down like a lead balloon. Here it’s called The Tall Poppy Syndrome ie if you think your better than anyone else you will soon be cut down to size.

So in answer to your question Molearner, no there are no particular groups and even when they do happen they don’t last long even in the new age movement over here.

I feel people are more comfortable doing their own thing these days and don’t feel the need for the churches stifling rules to guide their life. Maybe that’s were the churches have gone wrong ie spending too much time preaching the fear of God instead of the LOVE of God and people don’t want to be a part of it anymore.

But as you say, some people join various churches/groups cos they need to feel a sense of belonging. So it’s probably good for them.

However, genuine people, gurus etc who are humble and have a sincere message to help mankind and speak from the heart such as Dalai Lama, Sadhguru and many others who practice what they preach will always have a good turn out over here when they give their talks.

IAMTHAT. YOU STATE…

“And this is not surprising. Many people turn their backs on the established Church because they want to find spiritual answers within rather then looking to an external deity or saviour. For some of these people the spiritual journey within is relatively new and they have much to learn. “

I agree with this comment. Well said.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Really interesting.
Old 14-06-2023, 08:57 AM
Master

There has been a definate decline in church goers without a doubt. Seems to be with each new generation and their "ideas" about God and worship despite their teachings.
I see on "escape to the country" how many potential buyers are shown the converted chapels and churches. And as Red said in first post , beautifully converted into private dwellings , but all the same, another one bites the dust.
I think it's all meant to be. If it was only a generation thing with the "decline" then ALL the churches would have died out and been boarded up by now .
I think it goes in waves, and it's my belief that something will happen ( don't quite know what) that will suddenly encourage the younger ones to want to attend church .
Old 15-06-2023, 06:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I see on "escape to the country" how many potential buyers are shown the converted chapels and churches. And as Red said in first post , beautifully converted into private dwellings , but all the same, another one bites the dust.
I too enjoy "Escape to the Country" - always nice to be reminded of the British countryside, especially when I am so far away from it all. And going off on a tangent, one time on "Escape to the Country" they were shown a house in the Yorkshire village where I used to live. That house then belonged to a friend and I had actually been inside it. Very strange to see it again from the other side of the world.

And there are many converted chapels and churches, as you say. Some conversions are more successful than others. The architectural features of churches which make them such interesting houses can also present the greatest challenges to a successful conversion. But it is better than letting them fall into ruin.

Peace