Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-12-2010, 06:28 AM
din

Quote:
the body itself is a chemical interaction

I never looked at it that way before
Old 19-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Master
A Zen master once said to me, "Do the opposite of whatever I tell you."

So I didn't...?
Old 19-12-2010, 02:31 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I guess things interact with the body, and the body itself is a chemical interaction, so changes occur and these are experienced as sensations, but a sensation comes and it changes and it passes... experience change.

The changing form is witnessed, felt and intelligently cognised somehow, so it just comes down to be aware and more sensuous. No need to question who we, what we, or if we are.

The importance is the knowing that all is change or will change and there is only impermanance. In this way all sensation is equal... this too shall pass... and by seeing things as change one sees things equally and does not feel overly adverse to unpleasentry nor enormous craving for sweet sensation... one woud just notice it and see how long it lasts.
"Just noticing" is an option, among many.. i do not understand Life as a 'spectator' event, so i choose the option of engaging Life completely, with unconditional sincerity and full gusto.. i don't watch the change, i am the change.. i AM adverse to unpleasantry, and i accept it with sincere curiosity when it manifests.. i AM indulgent in sweet sensations, fully aware that excess leads to the aforementioned unpleasnatry, and so such indulgences are moderated within whatever ranges of tolerance are evident.. in other words, given this one, as far as we 'know', opportunity to experience physical existence, why would anyone choose to "just notice it and see how long it lasts"?

Be well..
Old 19-12-2010, 06:37 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

"Just noticing" is an option, among many.. i do not understand Life as a 'spectator' event, so i choose the option of engaging Life completely, with unconditional sincerity and full gusto.. i don't watch the change, i am the change.. i AM adverse to unpleasantry, and i accept it with sincere curiosity when it manifests.. i AM indulgent in sweet sensations, fully aware that excess leads to the aforementioned unpleasnatry, and so such indulgences are moderated within whatever ranges of tolerance are evident.. in other words, given this one, as far as we 'know', opportunity to experience physical existence, why would anyone choose to "just notice it and see how long it lasts"?

Be well..

this is just more thinking and when identified with, this brings about a certain experience, quite natural really

but personally i don't really see the need to get involved with such thoughts, make such decisions, and life rolls on beautifully, naturally, without any need for "me" to hold any kind of position

and in this way all positions, all possibilities are possible

remaining fully open to life and meeting it with open arms and an empty mind is bliss...
Old 19-12-2010, 06:40 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
A Zen master once said to me, "Do the opposite of whatever I tell you."

So I didn't...?

he would also say, "watch your mind, don't get lost in it"
Old 19-12-2010, 06:48 PM
din

so in Tzu's case up above when he thinks this:

Quote:
i do not understand Life as a 'spectator' event, so i choose the option of engaging Life completely, with unconditional sincerity and full gusto..

he's actually lost in his mind, believing and fully identifying with his thoughts, believing he is a someone who can do these things, and of course he can live that way, all possibilities are allowed...

but if he were really interested in the truth he would see that such thoughts come and go but there's something that is always there, something in which all these thoughts appear, something we call awareness, beingness ...

but please don't believe a word i say either, that would be just as bad as believing your own thoughts
Old 19-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Master
I was just listening to a song that fills me with an overwhelming sense of joy and an urge to dance. The opening lyrics are ''Its high time now my mind must be free''. I felt moved to write these thoughts as I listened...

We dont trust our minds, we think that if we dont keep it under control and caged it will betray us, we think it will do something bad, or that will make us do something terrible...or that it will just go crazy. We think its a crazed Rottweiler. And its been so hard, so tiring, so much effort keeping the dog in that cage. Its driven us crazy just keeping it locked up! When we finally take a chance and set it free we see that the crazed Rottweiler is just an excited puppy! When we set it free it just wants to run and run and run in joy, play and freedom. And we run with it! We run with it in joy and celebration of the puppy's freedom and our new freedom. The relief! It was all a misunderstanding. The scary Rottweiler is actually a puppy that wants to play! We set the mind free and WE are free. There are no words to describe the welling of joy that bursts forth with this realization of the misunderstanding that we have been living with. We see that our fears were totally unfounded. How can a puppy hurt us? We are not going to be betrayed or hurt by a puppy! Its only the need to keep the puppy locked up that makes us behave crazy sometimes! We are innocent after all! Without the need to hold the mind prisoner we are free to play, dance, sing and create. We are free to express. The mind becomes our friend, our ally, the tool which enables us to express our joy in the world. We no longer hold ourselves separate from the mind, it becomes part of who we are, yet never the boss of who we are. It becomes part OF our unique and joyful expression.
Old 19-12-2010, 09:02 PM
din

Quote:
in joy and celebration of the puppy's freedom and our new freedom.

made me think of this

"if i've never been bound, how can i be freed?"
Old 19-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
made me think of this

"if i've never been bound, how can i be freed?"

Yes, though paradoxically that is the realization of 'freedom' itself.
Old 19-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Be well..

I think there's a time to be engaged and a time to take a step back.

There is great curiosity in any experience be it pleasant or unpleasant and to know either experience is only passing change allows one to retain a balanced perspective... and no be melodramatic.

Knowing that craving leads to excessive indulgence and then results in unpleasentry is exactly how one lives moderately, not over indulge in fine wine and then become ill, which is a balanced perspective.

One can not chose to notice it, like if it rains, that just happens and it is noticed, experienced rather, then it will stop raining and sunshine ensues.

I should have said 'experience it deeply and see how long it lasts.'