Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-03-2024, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
An example of a Truth?

Soul … is Soul. No matter what It prefers to believe about Itself or the layers of Life around It … Soul is Soul.
Found something we agree upon!

Zorkchop, you and I are old guys so I figured I could toss in a chuckle and lighten things up, ha. I'm wondering what philosophy you follow? Just a question, I'm interested.

I was an esoteric spiritual scientist for 25 years, I guess you could call it. Now I'm a Zen middle path traveller, I guess is what you could call it. My comment above has some truth to it in that I left spiritual science because I found all the rules and beliefs too complicated and distracting from the path I'm on now, which is love. Be love, see love, create love. That's it, nothing more.

Mind you I'm a child of the love-in generation, so maybe this isn't a spiritual path at all, and I'm just regressing. That would be okay too, the Zen in me insists I always go with the flow and that all is perfect, always.

Cheers Bro, thanks for your contributions to the forum.

Baile
Old 29-03-2024, 01:08 PM
Master

Baile …

Not necessarily a science … and most probably not a philosophy … although it all could be a matter of semantics. What do you call … a lifestyle … a livingness of what all philosophies come from? Or all sciences? Or all religions?

Much of it comes from the Gnostic direction … or the Radha Soami Shabad might be closer.

In the two-plus years of doing this specific thread … you are the first to ask. To me … that says a lot.

What stopped me on a lot of the religions / philosophies was … too many labels … and too many variations. There had to be a “level” where they all were originated from … back to the center. Approaching “there” … it made all else far into place.

On we go.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 29-03-2024, 01:09 PM
Master

3-29-24 …

“Good gosh … if we have to give up or let go of or not *love* all of this … what the heck else is there to enjoy?”

This is where our tendency to approach life with an “either / or” attitude gets us into trouble.

It is not that we cannot enjoy it … it is that we do not collapse if we do not have it. No one is saying … “Gee … if someone dies … you’re supposed to dance around in happiness.” NO … it does not mean that. It means … experience … roll with it for an acceptable period of time … and then let it go and move on. Try not to let it drag you down for weeks … months … years … decades … lifetimes.

Loss … is loss. Without … is without. But you will live.

Conversely … one can emotionally, sentimentally “love” fully … warmly … and enjoy it for the duration … and grieve when it’s absent … but not define oneself as “valid” or “good” only when with a mate … or *that* specific mate. You learn to *warmly* love only those that can receive and return it well. Otherwise … simply give kindness … goodwill … detached acceptance.

The choices are yours. You can feed as much emotion into any experience as you wish. Since LIFE maintains balance over time … years, decades, or lifetimes … what brings “bliss” will have to be balanced by distress … maybe not with the exact, specific person or subject … but however LIFE deems that balance must be achieved again in *your* specific livingness.

Clearly … there are life experiences that affect ones life for subsequent lifetimes. There are experiences that are that strong. We’ve all been through them … even currently. There is no one “quick” way to get through these. You do the best you can.

But there are many that we “allow” to continue to affect us that you can let go of and continue on a more balanced level. We can choose which ones to wrestle with … to weigh us down.

We can *feel* any way we wish towards any situation or condition we experience. Again … it’s not what happens to us but in how we react to it that counts. We can emotionally “love” anything and anyone of our choice … and unless we allow this specific “love” to define us … to label our perception of life around us … to feel worthy or unworthy … capable or incapable … acceptable or unacceptable … all defined by our “love” for this or that … it is then that we run into trouble. Our perception of ourselves should be free of such demands … otherwise we are in servitude to them. We become slaves to situations or conditions outside of ourselves.

Walking the far steps of the path … detachment … neutral balance … the middle path … does not demand that one gives up all feeling. Put any and all feeling into anything you wish … as long as that “something” will not take advantage of you … as long as it is “worthy” of your expressed feelings … and you can give freely without loss of “self.”

Walking those proverbial far steps does not require that you totally withdraw from feeling towards life … or others. You simply become more aware and capable of discernment. It is not necessarily the “unconditional love” that is so heavily promoted … because that level of “love” tends to ask that we love even the unlovable … those situations, conditions, or individuals that are clearly in defiance of all that we stand for. No … we do not need to “hate” them … nor do we need to “love” them … but we can give them a very neutral, balanced, impartial kindliness … a simple good will … neither wholly for or against … just a simple acceptance of an individual living their own life as Soul Itself … and let it go at that. LIFE will be their teacher.

On we go into the weekend. More on Monday.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 29-03-2024, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
In the two-plus years of doing this specific thread … you are the first to ask. To me … that says a lot.
That's how Parzifal was granted access to the Grail Castle, he asked the question: What ails thee?

I question because I know nothing. Well, I know love, I know soul, I know truth exists, and I know I keep coming back here to learn lessons. So I guess I know a few things.

I will research Radha Soami Shabad, thank you. Cheers z, have a great weekend.

Baile
Old 29-03-2024, 04:11 PM
Master

Amazing post Z. I would say we all need to practice learning letting go. I think there is truth in what we feel and best not to hold on to it for any length of time. You are suppose to feel. When you spoke of loss I realized that, that could be any and every event that happens in life, whether natural or created (made), the mind knows, there is no difference to it. If there is monetary truth that is :) We don't control events that are nature but do have control over that which is created. Much of what is first created should not have been and it is time to move from it, letting go. Natural events are one thing and letting them go and likewise created events are much the same and same feeling to mind and letting go of them. In this there is truth. Just my thoughts.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:33 PM
Master

4-1-24 …

Once again … lets wrestle with the “many paths to God” scenario.

Holding an image of the globe of Earth as an example … let’s just say … that the fledgling Soul is born and tossed into the physical world at the South Pole … the so-called “bottom” of the globe … and our “goal” is to make it to the North Pole … which is the Pole of True Reality … of the Core … of the Center … of the “True” God … if you will.

As you start at the South Pole … you have 360 choices to make … instantly. Which direction will you take? Most are not up to you since you have *no* experience in dealing with life … here … or anywhere … and off you go mostly according to the situations and conditions you are born into.

The desire to to travel vertically … heading up towards the North Pole … but you don’t even know what that is … or where. You are more apt to travel horizontally … since it is visibly to either side of you … very similar … somewhat recognizable by you.

And on you go.

How long would it take to get even to the equator? Every one of those vertical degrees have an ever-broadening space between them horizontally. You can get caught up in similar and familiar experiences forever … just traveling in a very lazy, slow spiral that is more horizontal than vertical.

Yup … all paths lead toGod … eventually. At the “beginning” … we don’t know any better.

By the time we get to the equator … we have learned … much. Though we might wander along on a more horizontal direction than vertical … we are heading upwards … towards the goal. The initial 360 choices have multiplied immensely … now we may be in-between longitudinal lines … wandering more horizontally or latitudinally … caught up in the multiples of philosophies, religions, business, relationships that delight our fancy … until hopefully we again come across a true longitudinal line and head vertically again.

This goes on and on and on … one step forward and two steps back … until it reverses as we learn via experience … and we got up into the very top areas the globe. There is less distinction here. It is cold … icy … barren. No matter which direction you approach from … the end goal is more or less the same … not greatly varied as the multiple approaches from lower down towards the equator. The North Pole will be experienced *much* differently than the lower levels … but very similar to each that experiences IT. There is not the “variations” of “gods” that are found lower down the globe … but a “foundational” or “Central” God that applies to all. There may be personal interpretations of IT … but they will be exceedingly minimal.

The Pure God Worlds are not “Nothing” … they are not vacant and void … silent … and though they may be “formless” … there is *much* to be found in these upper worlds. As different as the lower, temperate areas of the globe offer varieties of life and livingness … as much as these differ from the cold, icy realms of the actual North Pole … so is the distinction between approaching the Greater Reality from the mental approach to that of Soul Itself. As different as it is to “live” in the North Pole regions … it is akin to the differences in living within the Pure God Worlds. It is a completely different approach … and lifestyle … earned one step at a time.

More tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 02-04-2024, 12:45 PM
Master

4-2-24 …

Most people give little thought to just how to go about confronting any “issues” they might consider themselves to have or practice. The vast, vas majority of people try to attend to their problems or issues while contained within the issue they are trying to correct. More often than not this involves a use of “will power” … which is mental power … and as with all psychic energy … the more you push on something … the more it resists. Try to “force” the giving up of something … “I will *stop* doing such-and-such” … is mostly futile … although some find it useable … and with practice … much practice … it can be employed with some success.

Eventually one finds that replacing something old with a new approach leads to greater success. One begins to focus on the new pattern or habit to be employed more and more until the new replaces the old. This is a more useable form of “will power” because it offers the individual a place of benefit to focus on rather than just stopping something. There’s a longer explanation for this … which I am not going to discuss here.

To gain enough insight as to what the “new” might be … it is best to get above any issue or problem or limiting habit and choose what might be a better approach. This is done when *not* caught up directly in the limitation … perhaps later when one can settle down and consider the limitation and it’s “correction.” Once again … inner work.

One can use all sorts of imagery to “get above” the limitation. See yourself in a house … the main living room being the “location” of your limitation … then walk in that inner house to a set of stairs and go up … and then look back down at the issue from a much higher and more broad perspective so you can see all sides of it. The variations of doing this are endless.

Choose a new approach … and then “walk into it” … and completely design it as behavior or attitude … practice it inwardly … do it daily for a while … an it will replace the old limitation.

“Getting above” ones issues is also a partial explanation for the “layout” of the inner dimensions. “Above” the physical would be the astral … the emotions … and it’s easy to perceive how strongly our emotions govern how we physically act and react. “Above” our emotions would be our habits and patterns in using them … therefore … the causal plane … the dimension of “memory” and past lives … amongst other interesting features. “Above” the memory would be the mental areas … that which consistently feeds the memories … and “above” the mental areas would be the symbols … the imagery … the picture we give most all of our behaviors, attitudes, beliefs, etc … flashing so fast within our inner perceptions that we don’t even know of this happening.

Beyond that … is Sat Lok … Atma Lok … the True Home of Soul Itself.

One might conclude that “getting above” ones issues, problems, or limitations might be quite the adventure … indeed quite the process … but once somewhat understood … an individual can become more successful in its use.

One can make any number of inner “games” out of “getting above” limitations. They can be either simple or complex … and are just a variation of “trial-and-error” which can be practiced quietly and individually … cutting down on having to do it outwardly while immersed in any pattern or habit … revised as often as one wishes … developed for effectiveness with practice … and when focus is guided towards the new … the “old” slowly gives way. Much can be sidestepped by practicing all of this inwardly … during revision or inner work.

Doing this is a feature that partially gave rise to the belief in “bliss” … because one constantly walks in the success of your ideal … constantly in the beneficial … inwardly … living from your ideal … one-at-a-time. “Bliss” is not just an emotional feeling. Although there is more to it … it is also knowingly walking in your ideal.

What can be more “blissful?”

More tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 03-04-2024, 12:51 PM
Master

4-3-24 …

It might interest some to know … *every* individual Soul is being “used” by a level of Spirit … Divine Spirit of the Pure God Worlds or Spirit of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … in one way or another. Both levels of Spirit use Soul Itself for It’s ( Spirit x 2 ) agent of development … the ability and design of Soul Itself to focus on the aspects of life that It ( Soul ) deems important and to bring those choices into manifestation.

( Please remember … Spirit is Spirit … but Spirit of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds has radiated down into the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds and is then “clouded” by the Negative Forces … by design … thus giving rise to these worlds of physical, astral, causal, mental, and etheric … while pure Divine Spirit never descends to this level … and is the substance and sustenance of pure consciousness and its foundational attributes. )

So … depending where each and every individual Soul “resides” … or is carrying out It’s incarnation … each Soul is used for constructive or destructive purposes and ends.

If you remember my post on the bell curve … the masses pile up in the middle of the graph … and these are the individual that carry on and fulfill the conventional … the traditional. They do not know … and have never known … any other way to act and interact. Again … this is neither a criticism or judgment. We are all learning … and there are plenty that simply do not know because they have yet to experience that which will teach and through which they will learn.

It is that stage on the path where an individual does know … has been given hints, nudges, and insights into further knowing … but chooses to remain irresponsible through willful ignorance. That … is “selling yourself to the Devil” … by whatever name you wish to give to the Negative Forces.

Most of us can objectively look around … making an attempt to keep our involving emotions out of it for the moment … and see that there are multiple areas of life on this planet that intentionally misleads. Whether it is through the facets of government, philosophy, religion, education, business, psychology, media, or otherwise … it can easily be found if one takes a moment to notice. The Negative Forces will intentionally mislead through any facet it can use … and these forces will “lead” individuals into these facets by making a set of beliefs alluring and enticing to the individual and thus populating these facets. Again … this is all by deign. We are manipulated to believe … so we will later discover … and choose anew … and slowly learn.

The one overall, prime goal of any and all of us are … to discover ourselves as Soul … as discerned from mind … and then to “serve” or “assist” LIFE in IT’s continuation at whatever level we have chosen to focus in at the moment.

All our others “goals” are simply precursors to this discovery of who and what Soul Itself really is … as distinct from mind.

If there is a “true God” of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … it is mind. The various philosophies and religions have given various names to their understanding of mind … but they all have to do with mind and its use … its power and control … its manipulation … its ability to form … even to form the emotions and mental thoughts.

Throughout history … there has always been a tendency to give the various facets of the Whole of Existence very generic names or descriptions or definitions … even to rather specific facets of Existence … and this allows mind to spin off on tangents to try and understand what is “really meant” by a term … and each spin just branches farther and farther off into the mental cosmos … further and further away from the actual Reality of Existence Itself.

One more time … all by design. We are here to discover and learn.

More tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 04-04-2024, 12:53 PM
Master

4-4-24 …

In considering what I have often put in these posts … it takes little insight to realize that all we know to be true in these Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … most all that we are taught … most all of our belief systems … everything comes from somewhere … most probably from someone … physical entity or otherwise … and most all physical manifestation has a foundation upon which it is based … including all thought and emotion upon which it is all based.

In other words … there was an initial thought … it was pushed into the mainstream consciousness … we were led to believe it … and then it in turn was tweaked … revised … spun off … who knows how many times … until we have what is left of that concept today after centuries ( and more ) of manipulation. The initial … beginning … primary meaning has been lost … and yet it is these latter misinterpretations that we live from on a daily basis.

Case in point … “It is better to give than to receive.”

This does *not* mean … it is better to give out kindness ( etc ) to everyone else than to receive it yourself. It doesn’t take much insight to realize that this meaning is great for business … in the act of gift-giving … and it is great for getting along with everyone. No doubt … these misdirects have their benefit … on a number of levels an applications.

The germinal meaning … still taught in the more advanced sets of teachings … is quite different. Taking into consideration how we “design” our own life path … the inceptive meaning of this phrase was meant to promote that it is better to give of ones time and effort … inwardly … during revision and other internally manipulative times … than it is to receive it outwardly in physical manifestation. The internal, inward “set-up” is more important than in receiving the outer results. “Giving” … in this understanding … is the time spent inwardly “giving” of time and effort … focus and intent … on how we would like to interact with and rest to what goes on around us.

In terms of what is tends to mean in toys world … I want to clearly state … there is *always* room for simple acts of kindness and such to anyone an everyone … on a daily basis. Exchanging goodies … gift-giving … is always nice.

Many run into trouble when we wish to “give” to others to the extent that we “do” for them what they must learn to “do” for themselves. We sabotage their lessons to learn … and we just “do” for them to save them from the agony and trail-and-effort demands of learning … so to speak.

I’d be the first to say … it is often much “easier and more simple” to just “do” the action for someone else who is ignorant of what must be done than to take the time to teach them to do for themselves. This is not being promoted and practiced on a global scale … from governments to religions to social interactions … one level of society ( parents, schools, priests, etc ) not teaching the “younger” how to put forth time and effort in order to bring individual success in whatever … and now … we are teaching ignorance.

But preliminary to all of this is our own inner design … grossly depleted in our effort to keep up with the outer swirl of life … and then we wonder why … on many, many levels.

It takes little “inner” time of focus and intent to make huge differences … with devotion and practice. The more important this becomes to any of us … the more the “outer” world claws at our attention to draw and hold our focus there … which is the opposite of where it should be if we wish to successfully interact with LIFE.

More tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 05-04-2024, 01:11 PM
Master

4-5-24 …

There is often a difficulty to understand the difference between the “levels” or “types” of Spirit … of Divine Spirit of the Pure God Worlds and Spirit of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds.

An obvious distinction is that Divine Spirit is pure … an un-manifested force … more for the foundational recognition and designation of the various radiant streams … perhaps original beams or currents if you will … generic in nature … not manifested into any designated form but applicable to all. Perhaps a “beam” of intelligence without it being intelligent of specifics … would be a good way to look at it. Perhaps one of devotion … or one of wisdom ( not mental knowledge ) or power. These various flows or rays or beams would be forces that carry the life force of these various facets.

As an example … lets just say that this entire Divine Spirit is of fresh, pure water … crystal … singular in IT’s element.

Now let’s let this pure Divine Spirit flow out … radiate out … into the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds ocean of salt water … the “salt” … which is the designated negative element … totally and completely missing in the pure level … added just below Atma Lok … the True Home of Soul … and as this pure water flows into the entire structure of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … Divine Spirit is tainted more and more … instantly losing IT’s purity with the infusion of the negative element … now giving rise to directed energy forms, designations, or specifics … out / down into symbols … then words to define the symbols … on out into the memory of remembering what these definitions are … out / down into the emotions … giving emotional feeling to all … and finally into the physical realms.

This is intensely generic … a very broad description or distinction … but useable.

Soul Itself is clearly “designed” from the purity of the Pure God Worlds … but almost instantly upon creation of each … It ( Soul ) is encased … mummified … coated … wrapped in protective “clothing” or bodies … or sheaths … because Soul Itself would be crushed by the “weight” of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … much like a deep-sea diver would be crushed by the “weight” of the ocean floor … and needs a suit or even a submarine to withstand the pressures at the lower ocean levels. The same “protection” applies around Soul Itself when coming “down” or “out” into the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds.

Now in the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … Soul Itself comes into form, situations, experiences, conditions, thoughts, emotions, manifestations of all kinds … brought about by an initial focused “design” and then each and all adds to the structure of each specific … according to individual tastes, preferences, and viewpoints. How many varieties are there to the overall perception of hate … or sentimental love … or of controlling people and things … or the sensation of superiority … or inferiority … or capability / incapability … take all of this as far as you wish to “view” it.

With the “clothing” of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … a layer of clothes for the etheric, mental, causal, emotional / astral, and finally the physical body … and Soul Itself knowing no other way to view … or experience … is it any wonder that Soul Itself is genuinely caught in a trap … designed to teach … by first getting totally caught up in the snares, dead ends, misdirects … and figuring out how to get out … and stay out … of them.

We may not like it … but is there a better way to teach Soul Itself what It needs to know … to accept and live from the awareness of Itself?

An old truism for all to remember … that addresses many queries on the board … “If you want to rise / ascend … do the difficult.”

Yay for the weekend. More on Monday.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -