Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks.

My point is that there is overwhelming evidence that there is afterlife after one passes away. Medical doctors such as Brian Weiss have written extensively on this subject.

While no one can proof that there is no afterlife, many credible people can show there is afterlife and reincarnation. So it seems obvious to me, but not to a lot of other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
The arguments for reincarnation are not strong in my opinion. Out of curiosity; are you open to the possibility that there is no reincarnation? I think you may go around in circles trying to convince them of reincarnation, and they possibly trying to convince you that there is no reincarnation. It leads nowhere. Some people claim to have ''past life memories'', and many more people simply believe in it, or don't believe in it.

Introducing the book that changed my life: Thiaoouba Prophecy
Old 20-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by abacustranslation
Thanks.

My point is that there is overwhelming evidence that there is afterlife after one passes away. Medical doctors such as Brian Weiss have written extensively on this subject.

While no one can proof that there is no afterlife, many credible people can show there is afterlife and reincarnation. So it seems obvious to me, but not to a lot of other people.

Afterlife and reincarnation are two different topics. There is no evidence of either. There are anecdotes. Based on what people with NDEs can experience (details, meetings, sensations) I consider it likely that there are genuine otherworldly experiences and I think it is very outlandish if ALL of it was just in the brain. However we can't (yet) say it is scientific evidence.
Reincarnation is a different topic from afterlife and OOBE/NDE. I think there could be plenty of people that confuse childhood early experiences, movies, dreams, likes and dislikes as a past life.
Old 20-08-2020, 08:52 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I have some Christian friends who deny the existence of afterlife or reincarnation. I mentioned to them that the original Bible contained messages related to reincarnation but was later removed by the Councils.

What would be the best way to explain to them about the existence of afterlife and reincarnation?

I would recommend just postponing the conversation until you are all dead. Although I suppose that could entail you waiting around a bit and not reincarnating until your friends are dead. I tell you what, why don't you bet them all $500 bucks. That way, if you are right they will each owe you the big bucks. But if they are right and there is no afterlife, you won't have to pay up anyway.
Old 20-08-2020, 10:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I would recommend just postponing the conversation until you are all dead. Although I suppose that could entail you waiting around a bit and not reincarnating until your friends are dead. I tell you what, why don't you bet them all $500 bucks. That way, if you are right they will each owe you the big bucks. But if they are right and there is no afterlife, you won't have to pay up anyway.
I think in similar terms about the afterlife dilemma:
  • you can behave as if there is no afterlife, die, and have the unpleasant surprise to find out that you were wrong (and support the consequences for your careless behavior);
  • you can behave as it there is an afterlife, die, and not know that you were wrong (so you won't regret for not behaving carelessly).
The overall expectancy is better for the second choice.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-08-2020, 01:16 AM
Pathfinder

This is a brilliant idea indeed! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

Old 21-08-2020, 07:28 AM
Master

Most of everything that we know, believe or accept as being true stems from other people, from other cultures, from other religions and belief systems, quite clearly from other sources other than oneself. Various books, films, documentaries, YouTube, SF, and so on add fuel to the fire of human imagination and lead many people into a sort of seventh heaven state.
Personally I have long been convinced of the power of human imagination both personal and collective and to the false assumptions to which it has lead.
Logic and the growing information about our physical world shows us that one cannot walk on water, turn water into wine or divide a sea. All these myths, all these Egyptian, Greek and Roman gods, all these Eastern gods and godessess are all figments of man's imagination. The extent to which one believes these stories depends upon the strength of one's imagination and one's preparedness to ignore rational thinking.

However there are moments when our world does offer moments which send us off on a search for what might be called 'reality' and where no amount of logic or rational thought gives rise to the appearance of metaphysical or paranormal experiences - something that just isn't discussed enough.
Personally I have had 16 such moments in my long life, all of which left me dumbfounded as to how such things can be explained.

Here's one and it has to do directly with life after death.
On the 26th of May 1981 I woke in the night, took a quick glance at the clock on my night table, saw that it was almost 4am, thought to myself how it was an unusual time for me to awaken and promptly went back to sleep.
I immediately found myself standing on the pavement of a local hill road watching a very strange contraption coming slowly along the road from my left. As it got nearer I saw it was a trestle on wheels carrying a coffin. This stopped in front of me and I saw that the coffin had a transparent lid and that my Dad was lying there. My first thought was how well he looked, I wasn't shocked or even surprised, it simply was so. When it stopped Dad raised his left arm and opened the lid, he sat up a little and said to me 'I thought I'd tell you that I am very happy and very well'. With that he closed the lid and the thing trundled off up the hill.
I woke up, it was just five past four.
My first tendency was to awaken my wife and tell her that Dad had died. Then I thought how ridiculous it was - after all it was just a dream.
I went back to sleep straight away and was woken at 5.45 by the alarm. I got up and went to work thinking all the time that Dad was dead and I should have said something.
At work I always received a lot of phone calls in the mornings but when the phone rang just before nine I knew immediately it was news about dad.
My wife phoned to say my brother had just phoned to say that dad had died in the night.
I didn't know beforehand that my father was ill, nor that he was in hospital. And we were 1000 kilometres apart. So somehow my father was able to contact me, seemingly after he had died, to tell me quite simply that he was 'well'.

This sort of thing is well-known in the world's literature and exactly that is what we need to concentrate on instead of letting our imaginations run away with us.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 21-08-2020, 03:53 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for sharing your story. Many other people have shared similar stories.

I have seen people who could levitate (just cancel out gravity), materialize powders or medicine out of thin air (using mind as an energy), etc. Of course it is possible to turn water into wine, except that most people don't know how to do it.

It is very interesting to see how so many people refuse to believe such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Most of everything that we know, believe or accept as being true stems from other people, from other cultures, from other religions and belief systems, quite clearly from other sources other than oneself. Various books, films, documentaries, YouTube, SF, and so on add fuel to the fire of human imagination and lead many people into a sort of seventh heaven state.
Personally I have long been convinced of the power of human imagination both personal and collective and to the false assumptions to which it has lead.
Logic and the growing information about our physical world shows us that one cannot walk on water, turn water into wine or divide a sea. All these myths, all these Egyptian, Greek and Roman gods, all these Eastern gods and godessess are all figments of man's imagination. The extent to which one believes these stories depends upon the strength of one's imagination and one's preparedness to ignore rational thinking.

However there are moments when our world does offer moments which send us off on a search for what might be called 'reality' and where no amount of logic or rational thought gives rise to the appearance of metaphysical or paranormal experiences - something that just isn't discussed enough.
Personally I have had 16 such moments in my long life, all of which left me dumbfounded as to how such things can be explained.

Here's one and it has to do directly with life after death.
On the 26th of May 1981 I woke in the night, took a quick glance at the clock on my night table, saw that it was almost 4am, thought to myself how it was an unusual time for me to awaken and promptly went back to sleep.
I immediately found myself standing on the pavement of a local hill road watching a very strange contraption coming slowly along the road from my left. As it got nearer I saw it was a trestle on wheels carrying a coffin. This stopped in front of me and I saw that the coffin had a transparent lid and that my Dad was lying there. My first thought was how well he looked, I wasn't shocked or even surprised, it simply was so. When it stopped Dad raised his left arm and opened the lid, he sat up a little and said to me 'I thought I'd tell you that I am very happy and very well'. With that he closed the lid and the thing trundled off up the hill.
I woke up, it was just five past four.
My first tendency was to awaken my wife and tell her that Dad had died. Then I thought how ridiculous it was - after all it was just a dream.
I went back to sleep straight away and was woken at 5.45 by the alarm. I got up and went to work thinking all the time that Dad was dead and I should have said something.
At work I always received a lot of phone calls in the mornings but when the phone rang just before nine I knew immediately it was news about dad.
My wife phoned to say my brother had just phoned to say that dad had died in the night.
I didn't know beforehand that my father was ill, nor that he was in hospital. And we were 1000 kilometres apart. So somehow my father was able to contact me, seemingly after he had died, to tell me quite simply that he was 'well'.

This sort of thing is well-known in the world's literature and exactly that is what we need to concentrate on instead of letting our imaginations run away with us.

Old 21-08-2020, 05:24 PM
asearcher

I just think that people will start to believe if they have their own experience really of past life, and while do the search and try to figure out what it could bee and then stumble across reincarnation. belief is such a personal thing which is why to me i prefer to say I am spiritual than to say I am religious, but it is really what label we put in the word and that too is personal.I have tried and failed to get close one to believe in reincarnation even though i thought i had many proof of it and they could not give me any other explanation for it - but still, they do not believe. And that is OK. if so, their time will come when they might be skeptic about it and might believe it, but one has to either way respect each other's personal belief system. I think that is very important and not push or dictate to anyone.
Old 24-08-2020, 07:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your story. Many other people have shared similar stories.

I have seen people who could levitate (just cancel out gravity), materialize powders or medicine out of thin air (using mind as an energy), etc. Of course it is possible to turn water into wine, except that most people don't know how to do it.

It is very interesting to see how so many people refuse to believe such things.

In my opinion you have trodden on the slippery banana skin which I tried to remove from the path.
My intention by relating the experience of my father's death was to point out the importance of personal experiences and not those seen, heard or read about.
If someone could levitate and thus deny gravity the world's newspapers would all carry the news in their headlines.
If water could be turned into wine all the world's vineyards would have been ripped out long ago.
Sai Baba materialised powders and everything else out of thin air and was afterwards exposed as a clever magician.

To rise above the laws of nature - to do this the laws of the universe requires what we would call supernatural powers. The only power akin to anything supernatural is the human mind and its connections.

Your mind is causing you to tread on that slippery substance.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 23-09-2020, 08:41 AM
Knower

Why the need to convince them? We all have our own beliefs, until we have our own experiences that may change said beliefs.