Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 13-02-2020, 03:06 PM
hazada guess

My take on the subject

This topic provokes many arguments but I want to give you my idea's on it(I could be wrong,but its my take).
Forget science.It makes things complicated and asks too many question's.Everybody,in my opinion has an outer body,which is visible to all and an inner self,which is constantly talking to you ,but many don't take the time to listen.This is your inner self.The most important,with messages coming from your Higher self.
When we meditate and take our focus off the physical world,our inner self goes into first gear,giving you messages and signs which will have some meaning If you think about it later.It is up to you to find out that meaning but these messages ,in my opinion come from your higher self.
I personally am learning to listen to my inner voice as it gives me the best advice.I think the inner voice is your soul that will be with you when the physical body has ceased,the inner self that will be you forever.
I'm starting to ramble now so I'll sign off,anyway,that is my take on the subject. What's yours?Discuss..............
Old 13-02-2020, 03:16 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
This topic provokes many arguments but I want to give you my idea's on it(I could be wrong,but its my take).
Forget science.It makes things complicated and asks too many question's.Everybody,in my opinion has an outer body,which is visible to all and an inner self,which is constantly talking to you ,but many don't take the time to listen.This is your inner self.The most important,with messages coming from your Higher self.
When we meditate and take our focus off the physical world,our inner self goes into first gear,giving you messages and signs which will have some meaning If you think about it later.It is up to you to find out that meaning but these messages ,in my opinion come from your higher self.
I personally am learning to listen to my inner voice as it gives me the best advice.I think the inner voice is your soul that will be with you when the physical body has ceased,the inner self that will be you forever.
I'm starting to ramble now so I'll sign off,anyway,that is my take on the subject. What's yours?Discuss..............

It's probably a better idea to learn from actual non-dualist teachers. Would you learn Roman Catholicism by ignoring all its teachings and simply listening to your inner voice, which I can guarantee is 99.9999999999999% of the time a product of mind/ego?
Old 13-02-2020, 03:47 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's probably a better idea to learn from actual non-dualist teachers. Would you learn Roman Catholicism by ignoring all its teachings and simply listening to your inner voice, which I can guarantee is 99.9999999999999% of the time a product of mind/ego?

Oh ,it's you,out looking for arguments,I don't do labels so I don't relate to various religions.My ego is my ego and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with it.I don't get my knowledge second hand and would rather learn my own way.My mind is constantly focused and I can assure you as sharp as a knife.I don't converse with argumentative types with inflated ego's so I shall say goodbye.
Old 13-02-2020, 04:00 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Oh ,it's you,out looking for arguments,I don't do labels so I don't relate to various religions.My ego is my ego and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with it.I don't get my knowledge second hand and would rather learn my own way.My mind is constantly focused and I can assure you as sharp as a knife.I don't converse with argumentative types with inflated ego's so I shall say goodbye.

So me responding to your request for additional takes and in a very civil manner is somehow argumentative and the product of an inflated ego? LOL!

I think your bias is showing.

EDIT: By the way, if you don't get your knowledge second-hand and would rather learn on your own why even pose the question? Why even participate in this venue?
Old 13-02-2020, 04:22 PM
Master
JASG, your post count is 888: The repeating number 888 represents duality, infinity, as above-so below, abundance, a never-ending cycle.
Old 13-02-2020, 04:49 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
So me responding to your request for additional takes and in a very civil manner is somehow argumentative and the product of an inflated ego? LOL!

I think your bias is showing.

EDIT: By the way, if you don't get your knowledge second-hand and would rather learn on your own why even pose the question? Why even participate in this venue?

If I got my knowledge second hand,I would have my head constantly in a book,I participate in this forum to get idea's,balance them up and come to my own conclusions.
Josephine,the reason he has so many posts is that he spends most of the time arguing on another thread with another member.LOL.
for the final time JASG,goodbye .
Old 13-02-2020, 04:57 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
JASG, your post count is 888: The repeating number 888 represents duality, infinity, as above-so below, abundance, a never-ending cycle.

That explains it!

https://willowsoul.com/blogs/numbers...meaning-of-888
Old 13-02-2020, 05:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
If I got my knowledge second hand,I would have my head constantly in a book,I participate in this forum to get idea's,balance them up and come to my own conclusions.
Josephine,the reason he has so many posts is that he spends most of the time arguing on another thread with another member.LOL.
for the final time JASG,goodbye .

Yeah, why spend time educating one's self on what's not only the single-most difficult spiritual philosophy to grasp but also the downright most fearful one from an egoic perspective? You know, the whole dissolution of ego thingy.

Concerning my post count... So when two people engage in a lengthy discussion the one you agree with has great wisdom and the one you disagree with is argumentative and possesses a bad temper. Here's something else to consider on this account. I'm more than willing to have the discussion and allow the other poster to clarify his position and help me understand it. Of course that means I'm going to critique his points if I think they are in error and it appears you think that's displaying a temper. I'd suggest you go back through that thread and see who is accusing whom of being a manipulative liar, not that it matters to me as evidenced by not a single complaint or push-back from me, however you need to pay closer attention and take the blinders off. This last part is for your benefit and not mine, else I would have complained about it in the other thread.
Old 14-02-2020, 07:56 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Yeah, why spend time educating one's self on what's not only the single-most difficult spiritual philosophy to grasp but also the downright most fearful one from an egoic perspective? You know, the whole dissolution of ego thingy.

Concerning my post count... So when two people engage in a lengthy discussion the one you agree with has great wisdom and the one you disagree with is argumentative and possesses a bad temper. Here's something else to consider on this account. I'm more than willing to have the discussion and allow the other poster to clarify his position and help me understand it. Of course that means I'm going to critique his points if I think they are in error and it appears you think that's displaying a temper. I'd suggest you go back through that thread and see who is accusing whom of being a manipulative liar, not that it matters to me as evidenced by not a single complaint or push-back from me, however you need to pay closer attention and take the blinders off. This last part is for your benefit and not mine, else I would have complained about it in the other thread.

No comment.I'm not about to let you drag me down to your vibration.

namaste.
Old 14-02-2020, 10:14 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
No comment.I'm not about to let you drag me down to your vibration.

namaste.

Except to make a comment displaying distaste to lowering yourself to my level? Isn't the post I'm replying to just that? Lowering yourself to my level? Of course you could have just not responded. That was a choice you chose to not take but instead make some "virtuous" point. LOL!

EDIT: Of course you realize you can laugh at your own foibles, right?