Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 10-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Master
Not sure that I agree with your intellectual approach to paganism, David. You are missing the emotional and spiritual aspects of the paths. There is a whole new world out there and knowledge available to those who are willing to seek it. Mystic ? - of course I am.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Not sure that I agree with your intellectual approach to paganism, David. You are missing the emotional and spiritual aspects of the paths.
As I said, I am an intellectual. That doesn't mean I don't have emotions, but it does mean I don't get carried away by them. When one looks at the results of an emotional approach to religion in (US) Protestant Christianity, they aren't pretty.

If you got your beliefs by contemplating the countryside, perhaps I got mine from growing up among the classical facades of South Kensington!
Old 18-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Master
It first happened at 14...through a religious festival called Thaipusam in Batu Caves Malaysia where I had my first full shamanic trance state and visions of the Hindu God, Siva.

Then in a Bali temple a few years later, where I was prevented from performing ritual offerings by my parents (out of cultural respect), so I offered my heart on a plate to Siva instead - cue trance state #2 accompanied by gamelan music.

Yeah, this was something I knew was for real. So many Siva synchronicities...so much love...so much support from other shamans...this was it!...and always had been.
Old 23-08-2016, 02:29 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

would not say my path is heathen but follow and believe in odin and asguard as well as the aesir to me they are many gods of many out there but mostly i serve odin because he was the only god who was there from the beginning of childhood that showed me visions of my past lives and in the present because he was the god who got me out of purgatory when my soul would have been lost there if it was not for him a friend who is no longer here a guardian angel and other helpful spirits like frejya and heimdall where i was temporarily locked away in purgatory set to my own devices with hostile spirits. then showed me to how i got there in the first place how and why which lead to me waking up in odd circumstances in the living world alive and well as apparently i was dead until i woke back up. so i have him to thank for saving my soul from being locked in purgatory indefinately with the spirits who trapped me there in spirit temporarily instead of leaving my soul behind or ignoring it he helped me so i serve him how he asks and needs from that point forward. at the time i thought previous connections to odin were a spirit impersonating him until visions i had as a kid were explained and the real essence of his was felt as he pretty much gave me strength enough to get back into my own life where i belonged more so with bonding his essence and mine into one force to get me out ever since am way more connected with odin than ever more so like a friend of the spirit of odin more so and personal student now of his.
Old 24-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Newbie ;)

My Eurasian ancestry has led me to Rodnovery, heathenry, and the shamanism of Siberian and Mongolian varieties.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:06 AM
Master
Well shoot, I don't know. I was always on it, but I didn't know. I was guided.

My guides have been with me since I was a little baby, and they showed me what I needed to see, or to know, or which path to take.

I was brought up by my parents and they were into the occult and my mom was an astrologer and we celebrated Christmas. At that time, they used the word Occult to mean 'hidden knowledge'. Now, it has a negative connotation I believe but what they did was minor. It was just divination and astrology and my mom consulted psychics, or she would ask me. She was very psychic herself but she wanted answers that she couldn't have.

For instance, it was normal to use the Ouija board to ask stupid questions like 'Is my mom going to let me go to the movies today?' Those were my concerns. My mom taught me to use the pendulum, and I had cards to tell fortunes. That was play. But often what kids play at, is training for what they do later in life. We did magic. That was play, but I can look back and see that it was the real deal. I was guided so I knew what to do.

Early conditioning does matter. My guides taught me things when I was very young and those are things I do today. My training started early but I wasn't fully trained until I was much older. I always did stuff, I just wasn't aware.

I don't like labels at all. I don't like to define myself but some things are consistent with pagan beliefs. Some things are very witchy, others are very psychic, or spiritual. Nothing is clearly defined in words or concepts that other people understand. I understand it. That is what a personal path is about.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:21 AM
Experiencer

What Rozie said, I was always guided. I'm not sure who exactly my guides are supposed to be, but I know there's someone looking out for my crazy bum. I've had a lot of strange experiences lately. But looking back on my life, I see many more obvious signs. Everything I've ever experienced has led me to who I am. Whatever that is.

Went into more (way too much) detail on the "how were you chosen" thread.
Old 19-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm interested in mythology and spirituality since my childhood, but recently i had a heartwrenching beautiful spiritual experience after a very hard situation i went through (unrequited love, depressive tendencies + a little bit of jealousy) and my interest turned into faith

As my three patron deities (Freya, Thor & Tiu) comforted me in this situation and gave me new strength and hope I became what you would call a germanic pagan.
Old 24-10-2016, 03:15 AM
Experiencer
I was also guided, always always felt a really strong pull/connection and this year has been full of signs and dreams from the gods. They have set me on a path to spiritual freedom and i cant see a way to resist belief in them with all of these happenings over the year. I do have germanic and icelandic heritage too, i think this may be another reason that i feel so connected. I questioned the notion that there was only one god since i first heard this, even as a child i thought "how can there only be one god?"
Old 10-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Seeker
For me my Germanic heritage. I was raised on this path and I just feel so connected with nature and my ancestors.

There are trails of this beautiful past everywhere in my country, 5 minutes from my home, archeologists found an entire iron age village and runestones.

I just feel completely at home on the Asatru path.