Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-10-2021, 01:35 AM
Ascender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIMAMwHAOvA
Old 18-10-2021, 04:14 AM
AbodhiSky

I would not say new age spirituality is bad. There's a lot of wonderful new age beliefs but a few make me cringe.
Old 18-10-2021, 04:25 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
I would not say new age spirituality is bad. ...
Hm interesting. I've been thinking a lot about how things happen to us just when we need it to happen to us but maybe this is wrong?
Edit I just realized that I responded to your original, longer post
Old 18-10-2021, 04:41 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Hm interesting. I've been thinking a lot about how things happen to us just when we need it to happen to us but maybe this is wrong?
Edit I just realized that I responded to your original, longer post
Oh sorry. I edited my post down as it seemed too long and too complicated a subject to talk about after I read it again.
You are right there. Sometimes it is for learning or karmic reasons.
Old 18-10-2021, 07:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
I'm reading a book and in it they talk about how new age beliefs feed the ego.
There are times when Spirituality has nothing to do with Spirituality, and this is one of them. The people who talk about New Age Spirituality feeding the ego are the ones whose egos have been over-fed, and they're not self-aware enough to realise it. That says a lot for their Spirituality.

It's been said that every religion was right for that people at that time and New Age Spirituality was right for its time. Elvis Presley began the musical cultural revolution in teenagers although it had been bubbling under for a few years, but it started an anti-establishment movement. Later on bands had their own personal gurus and that put Eastern religion/philosophy firmly in the public eye, and the public followed suit. It was more anti-establishment.

Spirituality is reflected/projected by the people and you can learn much of the person by what they believe and how they express it. New Age Spirituality is as much of a reflection of the culture at the time as the Rig Vedas were in their time. Perhaps what happened after the the Vedas might have been considered as 'new Age' in their time.
Old 18-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Guide
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
It's worth noting this link is the view of one person who left New Age 'to follow Jesus as her Lord and Savior'.
Old 18-10-2021, 07:07 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8

*Deleted, no names* is someone who was deeply involved in the New Age Movement. She was a very successful publisher of books about Angels. She even claimed to be able to converse with them and offered advice. She had a column in one of the grocery store 'rags'. She even ran a forum at one time. She had a very successful career thanks to the New Age movement, from the early 2000s until 2017 when she denounced all of it as 'demonic'. I would take anything negative thing she says about the New Age practices with a grain of salt. I think the woman has been brainwashed by her new husband, tbh.
Old 18-10-2021, 10:57 PM
Ascender
to each their own

actually some people doing the stuff are bad ~ just like you have bad people who claim to be christians

there is such a thing as evil yoga ~ but it's not evil when I do it ~ because I'm not being evil about it
Old 19-10-2021, 01:29 AM
AbodhiSky

The new age "movement" in the west started when the the Theosophical Society sprang up, then in the late 60's with the hippies and their various guru's or spiritual leaders/teachers. Then in the 1970's, David Spangler moved to the Findhorn Foundation, where he developed the fundamental idea of the New Age movement. Then tons of books and more books and more books all about new age stuff.

Seems to me a "new dawn of mankind" can't really happen when the earths human population doubles every 65 years or so. Too many new souls coming all the time and new souls don't have much understanding or higher awareness and tend to live lives struggling in violent places. Plus old souls can not come back here to a physical life. So maybe a lot bail on it lol. Wanna go back and help others on earth? Nah. I'll send them positivity from the astral world!

Still waiting for this Age Of Aquarius:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZArvbmG_o
Old 19-10-2021, 04:01 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
Still waiting for this Age Of Aquarius:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZArvbmG_o

Oh that's right, forgot that there was a group named the fifth dimension. Should look up more about them, maybe I'll get some answers there