Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-10-2021, 06:23 PM
Master
Wim Hof breathing inducing partial OOBE ?

I had a few wonderful experience with the Wim Hof Breath.
One day i did 4 rounds of it and after the last round i started to hear strong sounds internally, a high pitch tone, and some sounds which were quite similar the air of a mechanical ventilation system.

Also i felt tingling in the hands, the body.

It was a intense and very pleasurable experience, lasted a few minutes.
When i opened my eyes, it felt as if, seeing my room, i had been elsewhere during the breathing exercice.

I've read things about oobe, and nde, and i think maybe the strange sounds i've heard have something in common with nde and oobe. Do you think it could, could i had been out of my body without being conscious of it ?

Here is how to do the Hof breathing. There are some variants you can find on YT, from beginner to advanced practionner, from 15 min to one hour practice..

But one thing, listen to your body and never force, it must be something enjoyable, it's not a competition.
Old 14-10-2021, 06:19 AM
Ascender
I think you had a seizure.

Quote:
Do you think it could, could i had been out of my body without being conscious of it ?
No, I don't think so.

If you're used to the holotropic breathing, you're probably putting too much emphasis on the hyperventilation phase.
Old 14-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
I think you had a seizure.

Hmm i don't know, i'm not sure.

I read about it :
Quote:
With a seizure, signs and symptoms can range from mild to severe and vary depending on the type of seizure. Seizure signs and symptoms may include:

Temporary confusion
A staring spell
Uncontrollable jerking movements of the arms and legs
Loss of consciousness or awareness
Cognitive or emotional symptoms, such as fear, anxiety or deja vu
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20365711

For doctors, seizure seems to be something negative, even dangerous if it last more than 5 min.

But my experience was very positive and uplifting, i didn't lose consciousness at any moment, i was always conscious and didn't experienced anxiety nor fear. It wasn't a state a confusion, it was like a state of extra alertness. I think it lasted maybe 10-15 min and if i needed to, i would have been able to open my eyes, stand up and do whatever i wanted.
Old 15-10-2021, 05:57 AM
Ascender
Ah you didn't lose consciousness, I thought you did when you wrote "could i had been out of my body without being conscious of it ".

Then it was nothing probably (apart from chocking out of air!).
Do you see patterns when your eyes are closed? Or light?
Old 17-10-2021, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
...you wrote "could i had been out of my body without being conscious of it ".

What i meant, is that during the breathing exercice i didn't had the feeling of being out of my body. But when i opened my eyes and saw my rooms, the furnitures..., it was a strange feeling, like if i had been very very far away from my room and i was back suddenly.

Quote:
Do you see patterns when your eyes are closed? Or light?

No, i didn't see anything. Maybe all i saw was a black void.