Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 06-09-2021, 03:34 PM
Knower
"energy exchange" and payment for reiki

I read that there is a need for "energy exchange" for a reiki healing session - i read 2 reasons for it :

1 . cause if you dont give something your "full" and its harder for you to recive the benefits of reiki ............ so if the person pays for the treatment the reiki treatment can be much more effective

2 . if you dont pay for reiki than you just take ... and so you get a karmmic "Debt"

What are your thoughts about this ? and about each of the two points above ? how does this sit with people doing free reiki ?

Last edited by water drop : 06-09-2021 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:13 PM
Pathfinder
I think asking for an energy exchange is a open invite to give a payment if you would like too. Without the practitioner actually asking for a specific amount. Even though others are more open to receiving Reiki there is still a hesitancy in believing it will help you.

Reiki masters spend hours upon hours learning, etc. As a society any service done for you gets paid. Why not Reiki?

There is no "better if you pay" or "get bad karma" if you don't. I send Reiki (free).... I'm honored to be a channel for Reiki to flow through me so I can help others. I give from my heart. Hope this helps :)
Old 06-09-2021, 09:31 PM
Knower
to further calrify :

* i definitely understand why a reiki practitioner would ask for money for the service provided

* im not talking about energy exchange as an open invite spesificly - but on asking for payment in general

i read the two concepts if i rememer correctly in the book : " reiki - universal life energy " by Bodo and Sharamon Shalila

they talk about the issue of giving in order to be able to recivie better - and not accumulating a karmic debt to the practitioner
Old 07-09-2021, 04:35 AM
Eelco

I used to believe the energy exchange was necessary after my attunements and asked people to draw or paint me a picture. Some would have rather paid money.

These days. I don't treat people in the way I used to. And just let it flow where I think it does the most good.
If you need to eat, pay rent and such it's fine to ask for money.

I haven't found though that giving it away somehow diminishes anything. As for karmic debt. That always sounded a bit iffy to me. If reiki is supposed to come from somewhere outside of you and you are just a channel for the reiki energy to flow. I would think that you become the one indebted if you overcharge. The energy fills you up and spills over into the recipient. What have you given from yourself at that point except for time?
Old 07-09-2021, 06:22 PM
Ascender

I don't believe that is even necessary. I've given lots of reiki healings to people and my animals freely without expecting or requiring anything in return.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:56 PM
Knower
Just read the book again - this book was recommended by my teacher - and it seems many recoomend it : "reiki - universal life energy " (bodo j baginski , shalila sharamon)

they give an example of a rich woman who went to dr hayashi clinic and to her the payment of money was too little , so her treatmnet was not effective ... until she started treating others with reiki so she was able to finally recive reiki because before she didnt give enoguh

they add there that taking without giving is like breathing in without breathing out

didnt find in the book something about karmic debt so that means i read it in a differnt article

so this still makes me worried about treating people without asking something in return ........ and also asking for free online healing from others
Old 07-09-2021, 08:00 PM
Knower
personally without reading about this concept i would feel fine : becoming a reiki healer like i want to , and charging people money for the effort ........... reciving free reiki online from others ...... giving free reiki to my family , and also to some people for free especially now when i need the training ... but reading about the "Energy exchange" does me doubt ignoring this thing is a smart thing to do
Old 07-09-2021, 08:43 PM
Eelco

That's perfectly fine.
Maybe you cannexperimemt for yourself? I find energetic and karmic exchanges are extremely complex.
So treat a few people and charge what you think is appropriate, some what you think is a bit too much and some what you think is too little. Chack the results. And then investigate what made for effective treatments and what didn't. Maybe it was about something else than the money. Or maybe you find that reiki indeed works because of a monetary exchange.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:43 AM
Knower
so im an empty pipe through which reiki fllows - so no one is in debt for me for letting the energy flow from me ............ but what about debt that i decided to send that energy through me and put the time to send that energy ?
Old 08-09-2021, 09:44 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
so im an empty pipe through which reiki fllows - so no one is in debt for me for letting the energy flow from me ............ but what about debt that i decided to send that energy through me and put the time to send that energy ?

Why is there any debt? I consider reiki a gift from the universe and I just pass it on.