Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-09-2021, 09:14 AM
Master
Buddhist Research.

Buddhist researchers seek to reveal link between heart, mind.
Some may find this Article interesting.

https://www.lionsroar.com/buddhist-r...er-heart-mind/
Old 17-09-2021, 02:10 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

They say the real mind is the heart and the brain is the body.
Body, speech and mind.
Old 17-09-2021, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antilope
They say the real mind is the heart and the brain is the body.
Body, speech and mind.
It's an Interesting Article and mybe one day could help in Medical Research.
Old 17-09-2021, 03:42 PM
AbodhiSky

I know a person who was a child of very abusive alcoholic parents. He is now 25 years old. He is not doing well at all. He has the typical anti-social angry somewhat "sociopath" traits common in some severely abused neglected children. I stay away from him myself. He is uncontrollable and scary.

His human conditioning has been horrible as far as living a happy fulfilling life or being a loving kind giving selfless person. He was not nurtured or loved as a child. My opinion is this can be a gift. As the suffering is so bad one has no choice except to try to transcend the human mind and conditioning. It's the only place/state he will find peace in my opinion. His brother is in even worse shape. He has severe panic attacks and fears of other people. He is living with a family of his friend and sits in a little room all day playing video games. He has lived like that for five years now. Never leaving that room or interacting with other people.

We are spirit in a body. Living a human life. Karma determines our fate. It gives us what we need to correct our faults. Out of the depths we rise. The more terrible our "conditioned human persona," the more we will be motivated to be free of it. Love really is the answer. In selfless surrender, or "emptiness" in Buddhist terms, in transcending self concern or self interest, comes liberation. Liberation from the human person, and freedom as one without ego, without a life centered in the human mind. A life centered in flow with what is and what was meant to be, centered in what is beyond our conditioned minds running commentary on what it is.
Old 17-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky

Karma determines our fate

The Buddha taught that Karma is mutable, which Religion teaches that it determines our fate ?
Old 18-09-2021, 02:49 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
which Religion teaches

i was wondering how a religion can teach since it is not a person but then the idea came that passive writing exists right. somewhere lol. bookstores online etc. but those are not unlike "mountains". they are just there. passive. they themselves are not "teaching." in the case of books, it's paper and ink just sitting there passively. without consciousness, on a bookshelf somewhere, in a desk. (online for modern times) in programming code, HTML...how does it teach? a living being has to pick it up (or look) and read it... read the words, derive a meaning, if any, so is the religion, the book teaching? a teacher? one can decide what is happening there for themselves. create one's own reality with belief. all depends on the person, or consciousness reading it...taking from it, creating from it, deriving meaning out of the paper and ink. adding a layer of thought in the now, the empty now.

it's probably the same with what I type here... it's just words on a screen. what is it?, up to us. some conflict?, right or wrong lol sure if that's what one wants now to be, to create with mind, conflict

reading words, reacting with our own words somehow linked to the words read, it's a strange way to live or be, inferring a relationship between what is read and said, humans are very good at pretending this way...

what I am saying is related to what they said... but is it really? it came out of different minds? not at all. i'd say no relationship at all externally from person to person...it all takes place in the same mind, the reading and replying.... the same mind interpreting meaning from both what is read and what is replied.... so does religion teach? from ink to mind.... or does mind mirror itself..?. make up an answer for yourself. my guess is we are the only teachers as teaching is basically understanding conceptualized, (comma there) experience or understanding in language which is just a bunch of symbols, letters and such unique to the time and place and people, chickens scratching in the dirt!

what reality is in a symbol? as much as we want.
Old 17-09-2021, 03:57 PM
Master
The spiritual heart, right in the centre of the chest, also geometric centre of the chakra system, thus represented by upward and downward triangles, Star of David, seat of soul, may be felt as a material-ethereal reality, crystallised in our pranic energy field.

It is significant that after ascent of our dormant consciousness (kundalini) from root to crown and even piercing the fontanel, the embrace of polarities culminates in divine union only after the male & female aspects balance out and then descend to the heart, whereupon an explosion of bliss in renewal results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antilope
They say the real mind is the heart and the brain is the body
Wise words … so once head and heart align, in resonance with love, we stand erect.