Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-04-2021, 07:32 AM
Ascender
Things I learned from Dnots - Dark Night of the Soul

Things I learned from dnots, what have you learned from it?

God is not a sky daddy. God is you, and me, and our biggest teacher.*

Striving or seeking to find happiness doesn't work in this universe. As long as you are seeking to be happy, you're stuck in a vibration that says you're *not* happy already.*

A better thing than happiness is contentment, it requires no requirements basically. Maybe a bit of daily gratitude, whether in journaling or in thoughts, whatever.*

If a relationship isn't meant to be, it will hurt. If it's hurting you, it's not love. Love is so many things, but being hurt a lot by someone's actions isn't love.*

I am still alive because God still loves me, still has a purpose for my life, a purpose for me, and God hasn't given up on me as long as my heart is beating I will have a purpose.*

It is hard to let go of toxic relationships especially if you're alone and not used to it. I am my own best friend, and that is how I deal with loneliness.*

Dnots is sorta like being a caterpillar one day, enjoying the sunlight on a tree branch. Then, suddenly, all the light in the world has gone away and you're lost searching again to find out in any way shape or form how to get the light back on in the world. At the end of being in that cocoon you come to realize that it is not the light "in the world" that you are looking for, you can't turn that light on. You learn that you yourself are the light you've been looking for. And then, in that moment, you transform, you heart awakens again, and you come out of that dark night, light as a butterfly
Old 15-04-2021, 08:24 AM
Ascender
Another thing I learned is that there isn't really a death. Take away death and all the fear it entails, and you have a joyous being and life. There really isn't a death. You won't witness your own death, so why worry about it, don't. Lol. ��
Old 15-04-2021, 01:52 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_Lion
Things I learned from dnots, what have you learned from it?

God is not a sky daddy. God is you, and me, and our biggest teacher.*

I am still alive because God still loves me, still has a purpose for my life, a purpose for me, and God hasn't given up
on me as long as my heart is beating I will have a purpose.
Good idea for a thread, since the description of a spiritual crisis on our way to union with God
by St. John of the Cross, in the 1570s,
"Dark Night of the Soul", for those unaware, is a brilliant
help to those deliberately, purposely, consciously, diligently on The Path.

I quoted you above since it it seemed contradictory, so could be confusing.
Ha, not trying to cause trouble.
But, MY take and from personal experiences, not books, is this Creator God by any name
could be said not to be a sky Daddy, sure...but 'He, Who has no gender', is also very very much a 'sky Daddy' ---
or rather a loving, benevolent Father/Creator...at the same time!
'He' is more personal than many imagine...yet, also impersonal.
'He' is actually every opposite of all that you could imagine...
Father and Mother
Sister and Brother
Good and Evil
Up and Down
Light and Dark
Visible and Invisible

Just my input, as always - people can chose to take it or leave.

Btw, for those interested in this topic, but new to all this :) and not familiar with Catholic Mystical writings,
"Interior Castle'', by Saint Teresa of Avila, d. 1582, is also a must.
(Ha, only called mystical to those that don't understand them! Lol)

On topic: What I learned? Too much to say...but hope; that it's a Journey and things pass...
as in, there is always a reason and a silver lining to every cloud....let silly doubts pass. Don't take them too seriously.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-04-2021, 03:19 PM
Master
I learned that God doesn't give a **** about my needs or what i want.It's everything about Him.
I don't know for others,but for me everything that opposes my balance is an enemy.
Life it's too short For DNOTS.
Old 16-04-2021, 12:27 PM
Master
QUOTE EXCERPT:

Quote:
You learn that you yourself are the light you've been looking for. And then, in that moment, you transform, you heart awakens again, and you come out of that dark night, light as a butterfly
The transformation into a butterfly is a frequently used but nonetheless awesome way of metaphorically describing the emergence from the "Dark Night of the Soul".

Having read John of the Cross and Teresa of Avila, that transformation is a very absorbing process ... and it is definitely worth the effort. Just when everything seems so "dark", the light emerges.

I would be interested in hearing more from you regarding your experience with the "Dark Night of the Soul" and what factors triggered your emergence "light as a butterfly".
Old 16-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE EXCERPT:

The transformation into a butterfly is a frequently used but nonetheless awesome way of metaphorically describing the emergence from the "Dark Night of the Soul".

Having read John of the Cross and Teresa of Avila, that transformation is a very absorbing process ... and it is definitely worth the effort. Just when everything seems so "dark", the light emerges.

I would be interested in hearing more from you regarding your experience with the "Dark Night of the Soul" and what factors triggered your emergence "light as a butterfly".
I think I came into the dnots because of my twin flame, well, it was a really hard time. It could have been anything, but I feel a lot lighter now realizing a lot just accepting things. Same as for why I'm feeling I've come out of that, it could be any reason, it could be that I've let go of the twin flame and have zero desire for that back anymore. It could be anything I don't know lol. All I know is that I've learned so much from that darkness. It lasted a long time; too long.

I've not read those books. But what about you?
Old 16-04-2021, 08:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I learned that God doesn't give a **** about my needs or what i want.It's everything about Him.
I don't know for others,but for me everything that opposes my balance is an enemy.
Life it's too short For DNOTS.
Sorry to hear that, and life is short. I don't agree it's not worth it, nor would I wish it on anyone either though.
Old 16-04-2021, 08:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good idea for a thread, since the description of a spiritual crisis on our way to union with God
by St. John of the Cross, in the 1570s,
"Dark Night of the Soul", for those unaware, is a brilliant
help to those deliberately, purposely, consciously, diligently on The Path.

I quoted you above since it it seemed contradictory, so could be confusing.
Ha, not trying to cause trouble.
But, MY take and from personal experiences, not books, is this Creator God by any name
could be said not to be a sky Daddy, sure...but 'He, Who has no gender', is also very very much a 'sky Daddy' ---
or rather a loving, benevolent Father/Creator...at the same time!
'He' is more personal than many imagine...yet, also impersonal.
'He' is actually every opposite of all that you could imagine...
Father and Mother
Sister and Brother
Good and Evil
Up and Down
Light and Dark
Visible and Invisible

Just my input, as always - people can chose to take it or leave.

Btw, for those interested in this topic, but new to all this :) and not familiar with Catholic Mystical writings,
"Interior Castle'', by Saint Teresa of Avila, d. 1582, is also a must.
(Ha, only called mystical to those that don't understand them! Lol)

On topic: What I learned? Too much to say...but hope; that it's a Journey and things pass...
as in, there is always a reason and a silver lining to every cloud....let silly doubts pass. Don't take them too seriously.
Yep, definitely something about opposites. That is why I think God is the greatest teacher.
Old 16-04-2021, 10:42 PM
Ascender
Hey again. I think I can articulate what I'm experiencing now. Basically, my faith in myself has been restored.
Old 17-04-2021, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Sorry to hear that, and life is short. I don't agree it's not worth it, nor would I wish it on anyone either though.
I know.It's just me.