Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 17-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I've said this numerous times, but I absolutely hate the term Twinflame, I also think it's some craze or fad, but that said, like many here, when I 'found' this person, it was something I never experienced... if you've not read how I 'found' him in other threads, I'll mention it again... I was anti-religious, but a time came when it got into my mind that I needed to go to church, but not just any church...a born again type (the kind that I mocked the most...yeah, I know...)... anyway, I'm going to this fundalmentalist christian church, feeling every much uncomfortable and trying to believe... sometimes it was okay...but I'm searching. Well, this old school mate of mine from the 8th grade comes in and we are talking and she asked if I had ever been to this particular church 45 minutes away. I said no. She said I needed to go. I thought it odd, but then dismissed it. She was just visiting the area and stopped in. Well, 4 months later she is back. First thing out of her mouth is "Did you go to _____ church? I said no. She said I needed to go. But this time I felt really that I needed to go. He was front another state and had come to my state to go to a bible college and then married someone he was introduced to and they moved 45 minutes from where I lived.

I found a friend to go with me...I went and believe me, I was not looking for anyone....I was hopeful to have some amazing wonderful spiritual experience...I wasn't in that church 2 minutes when I saw him on stage with about 15 people on the worship team. Looking for a man I was not. I was married, even though it was a miserable, abusive relationship... but I saw him and everything just stopped. I saw no one else, I heard no one else. what I remember most was this very audible internal voice saying "There he is". I shook. I found a seat and I couldn't keep my eyes off him, but he was looking at me as well. When he did, I lowered my head like a shy school girl and that's just what I felt like. When he sat down, he continued to look back over at me. I wanted to run out of there quickly when the service was over and I had every intention to do so, but as I'm trying to get out of the isle,he's trying to find his way to me. We collide and I'm melting...I'm shaking...oddly enough, one of the first things out of my mouth is "how old are you?" I already knew. I was older than he and it would be something that would bother him at times... I'm 9 years older. He invited me to come and talk with him as he knew I had some issues...we became best friends and now we are both divorced from our spouses and in a relationship. He was married to a very controlling and selfish woman (she ran off with her first love who ditched her the minute she moved back to her home state) ...oddly enough my ex is with his first love now lol.

We both have tried to break away from each other but it caused both of us incredible grief.

Oh, he was was given a word once and everything the woman said fit his finding me....and one time I was at work and had a very rough time and was in tears and he called and then began humming a song... I said do you know what song that is? He didn't know...he said it just came to his mind and to hum it to me. I said but do you know the song? he did not. I told him the title (Someone to Watch Over Me) and it was a song I loved since I was a child and would sing (the song is older than I am, but I always loved old songs and movies)... anyway, I gave him the lyrics and he was blown away by them...and moreso that he didn't even know the song and to have the words corrulate with the prophecy given to him and (he was a pastor)...

Anyway, honestly I never would wish this on anyone. I've never experienced anything like this...I ran from people. I was afraid to get close to anyone. I dated, but if a man expressed interest in me, i was gone. My ex husband was more like a stalker and I tried to break up with him constantly... I also had dreams of him as a child, the name, the face. it's all just so weird.

Yep, this is it! This is what a twinflame/soul is. Sometimes I think it's the universe's idea of a somewhat cruel joke. It's like "oh you don't believe in love, do you? Or a higher power for that matter? Well here's this person that will turn your world upside down and I'll make you a believer yet!" At least that's how I felt when I met my TF, haha.
Old 17-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Perhaps love is in fact the paramount and divine energy of life? The more awake we become, the less we will be able to escape the power of true love. Maybe we are not accustomed to the forcefulness of love, because we have always assumed was just some kind of pleasing emotion. So in this transitional time in human consciousness, love itself, the unwavering force, becomes our Divine- the energy that dictates that which is out of our control. It seems supernatural.

I do actually believe that this love is telling me what I am intended to do, who I am intended to be, where I should go... what this energy wants from me. I try to adhere to this powerful force of love, and conflict comes when I or my counterpart resist and try to maintain a grasp on our lives. We want to be in control of such things.

TRUTH!
Old 17-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Master
Aero 87, what a GREAT story!! I could totally feel your story!! I had chills!!
When I started hanging out with my tf I clearly told him that I didn't believe in love and that my heart was ice cold... The universe was determined to show me how wrong I was. You will never hear me say those words again!
Old 18-05-2012, 01:19 PM
88paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I know a lot of people are looking for or involved with someone whom they call their twin flame. It seems to be all the rave right now with a lot of spiritual folks. But I propose this:

Are these people many call twin flames really the other half of your soul, or some such thing? Do we set our selves up for a huge fall when we place so much importance on another fallible human being? And should we be placing so much emphasis on finding and meeting these people as if they were the holy grail of our lives?

I can recall a time many years ago when I was running around looking for my soul mate. I placed so much importance on finding that person, only to be let down and crushed over and over again. Then one day I just kind of grew up spiritually and let the Divine take its rightful place in my heart and life. I worked more on the person I wanted to be and became a better, stronger person. After that, there was no person in the world who could tear me down emotionally like some folks used to.

In conclusion; are many people trying to replace the Divine Presence in their hearts with another person of flesh and blood? Are we creating this twin flame craze because we are hungry for something within and have depersonalized God/Goddess. Are people actually starving for a higher relationship with something bigger than what this world can offer, so they are giving too much power and going overboard in their relationships?

I propose that there is only one twin flame for every human soul... and that is The Divine. Nothing else will ever fit that place in our hearts; and no one else will know how to nurture it quite as well as the Source we all came from.

I may I quickly add, that we don't need to go through horrendous trials with another person to learn certain lessons in life; or to grow spiritually and emotionally. The Divine can take care of all of that, with a lot less drama I might add, if we give it half a chance.

Peace..

Wonderful, peaceful....thats the true answer...thanks. I wish I knew this before the tf story...
Old 18-05-2012, 01:57 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I may I quickly add, that we don't need to go through horrendous trials with another person to learn certain lessons in life; or to grow spiritually and emotionally. The Divine can take care of all of that, with a lot less drama I might add, if we give it half a chance.
Peace..

On the flip side, consider that you may be avoiding intimacy, human connection, and commitment to another. That you've simply found a safe spot to sit on the sidelines of life, rather than getting your hands all messy and your heart tested.

Relationships are THE meaning of life. It's why we are here. Yes, that includes relationship to your own self (What you are calling "divine") but it is through relationships with others that we grow, discover, and develop in relationship to our own self. The more intimate the relationship, the more intense, the greater the growth.

The nuns, the priests, the monks... I say they are all wimps. Sorry. It's just true. Sure, they have relationships with their fellow humans, but they're avoiding the one relationship that will test them and force them to grow like no other. This is why marriage should be available to all, regardless of gender. Because it is marriage (even one that fails, even serial marriages) that tests you like no other. Living together, sharing a roof, sharing financial fortune or failure, raising children, caring in sickness and in health, and sharing your body. That arrangement is designed to be the most intimate of all -- though it is true many many spouses find ways to avoid intimacy and intensity, and never go there either.

Look, I'm not knocking your choice, or anyone's choice. I'm only suggesting that the more intense path is in relationship -- love relationship -- with another human. No, it's not becoming a monk and living alone. That is avoidance. And that's why it feels so much easier to you.

No pain, no gain.

Why don't YOU give it half a chance?
Old 18-05-2012, 02:02 PM
SerpentQueen

... but I will add this: for many, the whole TF ruse is just another way to avoid intimacy. If the relationship is unrequited, and always will remain unrequited, they get to endlessly pine away. They get to surf that in-between space, in which they're sort of in a relationship, but not really. And if they happen to already be married to someone else, the fantasy of a TF allows them a nice and tidy way to avoid true intimacy with their spouse.

Intimacy is, and always has been, my goal. I want something deeply intense. It would be great if I could have that with the man I married -- and maybe I will get that. I asked him to go there with me; he is considering it, though he cautions that he may have reached his limit and can't go any deeper, because it's too painful for him. He'd just rather... not.

Meanwhile, if TF will remain forever out of my reach, if he will never go there with me, I will find someone who will. Trust me on that, and mark my words.
Old 18-05-2012, 02:47 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Meanwhile, if TF will remain forever out of my reach, if he will never go there with me, I will find someone who will. Trust me on that, and mark my words.

How will you ever know he'll "never" go there? Personally before I can even consider throwing in the towel I need a face to face with my TF. I need to see it in her eyes just like I saw the love in her eyes the last time I saw her. Maybe that is what she needs. A reminder of what she's been running from. I know I need that before I'll ever believe the love is unrequitted. My intuition has been battled my ego for nearly 6yrs over this delima and lets be honest. The ego lies all the time to us while our intuition doesn't. I refuse to let true love escape my grasp because I stopped listening to my intuition and heart and started listening to that lying ******* ego. I also realize that situaitons can change in a blink of an eye.
Old 18-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Intimacy is, and always has been, my goal. I want something deeply intense.

This is why I can't marry my boyfriend. I got lucky and had a relationship with my TF before and it was like my whole world got set on fire. I had a passion for life, was vibrant, and our relationship was explosive on all levels. Once you have that with someone its hard to go back to a mundane, run of the mill relationship and life.
Old 18-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Loving_Soul

Yes I agree - the intensity with TF is why I cannot settle for less - it would seem like a lie to myself most of all - it is not because I'm avoiding intimacy lol hell I'd welcome it with open arms! I have realised I can love on other levels - and that love is more pure than it was - but I know the intensity will only ever be shared with that one another person in my life...
Old 18-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Ascender

I agree with you about the intensity and not wanting to settle for less once you have experienced the depth of intimacy that's possible in this relationship, and I don't primarily refer to the physical intimacy but for me personally it meant much more to be intimate at a soul level, to be true to myself and share that side with him.

I'm not afraid of intimacy, in fact I love soaking in it now. My ultimate goal is to do soul work. For that to occur, intimacy is required, whether it is towards myself or whether it's shared with another human being which is the ultimate in intimacy. For a long time I misinterpreted what my TF and I shared as chaos but I have now realized that it was intimacy at the deepest level possible. It stirred my emotions on all levels which is exactly what I'm looking for, not chaos but clearing of negative, old, stuck energy.