Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-07-2021, 10:37 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I don’t think we should devalue local consciousness
I'm not devaluing it. What I'm saying is there is no ordinary (local) consciousness. That what's perceived as ordinary/local consciousness is in fact Extraordinary non-local Consciousness or what you label Superconsciousness.

In other words there's nothing special to be done except to Realize this. No need to expand or attain something. It's already right here. Of course the trick is to get mind out of the way in order to facilitate Realization and that's the hard part.
Old 13-07-2021, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I'm not devaluing it. What I'm saying is there is no ordinary (local) consciousness. That what's perceived as ordinary/local consciousness is in fact Extraordinary non-local Consciousness or what you label Superconsciousness.

In other words there's nothing special to be done except to Realize this. No need to expand or attain something. It's already right here. Of course the trick is to get mind out of the way in order to facilitate Realization and that's the hard part.

I imagine the thing that does need to be done is to express this superconsciousness in our conscious minds, to realize it mentally without actualizing it seems empty to me.

In other words, if I can’t translocate, if I’m not clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and all the other clairs, if I can’t heal miraculously, then I have not succeeded in actualizing superconsciousness.
Old 14-07-2021, 07:43 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I imagine the thing that does need to be done is to express this superconsciousness in our conscious minds, to realize it mentally without actualizing it seems empty to me.
In the Eastern traditions and especially the non-dual traditions any extraordinary powers are merely a byproduct and not the goal. The goal is Realization and liberation from suffering and pursuing the byproducts is a distraction. Why? Because the byproducts are of mind and body and transient whereas Realization and liberation are eternal and without limit. The point is to transcend the limited, not to desire, pursue and attach to that which is transient. In essence that's no different than the pursuit of name, fame, wealth, power, etc... and that is at the root of all suffering.
Old 14-07-2021, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
In the Eastern traditions and especially the non-dual traditions any extraordinary powers are merely a byproduct and not the goal. The goal is Realization and liberation from suffering and pursuing the byproducts is a distraction. Why? Because the byproducts are of mind and body and transient whereas Realization and liberation are eternal and without limit. The point is to transcend the limited, not to desire, pursue and attach to that which is transient. In essence that's no different than the pursuit of name, fame, wealth, power, etc... and that is at the root of all suffering.

This is the devaluing of earth level stuff that I don’t like. Extraordinary powers are byproducts of spiritual development, but without these byproducts there has been no authentic spiritual development. They remain as a proof, non-dual traditions have merely found a way to avoid the need to have these proofs.

If I could heal someone who was suffering physically, is this merely a useless byproduct, or a really useful skill for people with physical health problems? If I could see the state of someone’s energy body, is this a useless byproduct or actually helpful for someone to know what they need to work on?

Last edited by django : 14-07-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 14-07-2021, 12:36 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
what does it mean for consciousness to be fundamental
thanks in advance for your help :)
This phrase means to me that everything is built on top of consciousness.
Old 14-07-2021, 12:43 PM
adjective: fundamental
forming a necessary base or core; of central importance.

If consciousness is 'core'...sounds like consciousness would be at the core of All That Is!
(The rock, the air, the whole enchilada) Still is best to experience it personally, tho.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-07-2021, 08:40 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
In other words, if I can’t translocate, if I’m not clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and all the other clairs, if I can’t heal miraculously, then I have not succeeded in actualizing superconsciousness.
Where do you get that from? I'm clairsentient with a high degree of intuition and I don't consider myself to have any kind of superconscious. If you go into the mediumship forum I'd guess that they would tell you the same thing.

Quote:
This is the devaluing of earth level stuff that I don’t like. Extraordinary powers are byproducts of spiritual development, but without these byproducts there has been no authentic spiritual development.
There are psychological reasons the earth level stuff has been devalued, and it's usually either denial or to give the non-earth stuff value. And I had some 'extraordinary powers' as a child, even before I knew there was such a thing as Spirituality.
Quote:
If I could see the state of someone’s energy body, is this a useless byproduct or actually helpful for someone to know what they need to work on?
It's how you perceive it that makes you more or less Spiritually developed and frankly, I have a question mark as the what Spiritual development really is. Using your healing skills for the good of others, in my book, makes you more Spiritual and less self-centred
Old 19-07-2021, 08:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritliber
This phrase means to me that everything is built on top of consciousness.
Everything is a manifestation of consciousness and specifically, everything that you express is a manifestation of your conscious. You used the words 'built on top of', that tells you something about your consciousness.
Old 19-07-2021, 09:49 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
adjective: fundamental
forming a necessary base or core; of central importance.

If consciousness is 'core'...sounds like consciousness would be at the core of All That Is!
Yes it is but the interesting thing is that while it's fundamental it's also emergent.
Old 19-07-2021, 11:13 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Yes it is but the interesting thing is that while it's fundamental it's also emergent.
Advaita would say the emergent part is the illusion of Ahamkara. It's like the Moon isn't the source of the Moonlight that illumines Earth. It's but a reflection of Sunlight. It appears to be light from the Moon but in reality it's nothing more than Sunlight.