Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-07-2021, 02:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
am i dumb for still not getting it?

It's not just you, tracey. No one has gotten it yet. Everybody - except Jesus - is guessing.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Fundamental, foundation, basis of everything.
Without consciousness there can not be anything.
You are just saying it, Rah nam.

I am going to have chapatis and lentils for breakfast tomorrow. And then I will reflect on it
Old 12-07-2021, 05:35 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
It's not just you, tracey. No one has gotten it yet. Everybody - except Jesus - is guessing.

lol thanks
Old 12-07-2021, 07:29 PM
Master

Quote:
What about you? How do you stand on this? Asserting that consciousness is fundamental is one thing, living that way is another.

Actually, I would consider Being to be even more fundamental than Consciousness. Being is simply present, Consciousness is Being in action.

In order to live this we first have to know ourselves as Being. Then we live allowing all things to arise and dissolve in Being.

Peace
Old 12-07-2021, 08:11 PM
JustASimpleGuy

It's nature is intrinsic. That is it's not dependent on something else.

From the Advaita perspective it's the Chit in SatChitAnanda where Sat is existence/being, Chit is consciousness/knowing, Ananda is bliss/completeness/fullness and Sat = Chit = Ananda. They are not different or even different aspects of the same thing else it would be dualistic.

I would say the reason emphasis is placed on Chit instead of Sat or Ananda is because Its "reflection" is what illumines mind and gives the perception of local consciousness. From my perspective it's the easiest route to Self-realization because It illumines and imbues the tool (mind) with the "knowing" that realizes. It's why meditation and internal exploration is at the heart of much of Eastern spirituality.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:20 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

Actually not and there are extensive writings on it in Eastern spirituality. it's been explained in exquisite detail going back 4,000 or so years to the Vedas.
Old 13-07-2021, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Actually, I would consider Being to be even more fundamental than Consciousness. Being is simply present, Consciousness is Being in action.

In order to live this we first have to know ourselves as Being. Then we live allowing all things to arise and dissolve in Being.

Peace

I feel, this is where the understanding of consciousness separates.
The understanding of the personalities awareness,

and the underlying .... and here I struggle to find a term for it, that what is creation, that what is within and throughout all existence.

edit: underlying principle of creation

Last edited by Rah nam : 13-07-2021 at 03:07 AM.
Old 13-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Master
Consciousness is related to thoughts and words for me, if I can think something or say something then I am conscious of it. If it is within me but beyond my thoughts and words it is in the unconscious. Beyond consciousness and unconsciousness there is superconsciousness, awareness at a level beyond the limitations of the five senses.

But in my terms I don’t know what it means that consciousness is fundamental, maybe superconsciousness is fundamental? Maybe superconsciousness exists beyond the material form.
Old 13-07-2021, 09:33 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
But in my terms I don’t know what it means that consciousness is fundamental, maybe superconsciousness is fundamental? Maybe superconsciousness exists beyond the material form.
It's like a face and its reflection in a mirror. I suppose we can call the face superconsciousness, the reflection consciousness and the mirror mind but that's not really right. There aren't different "flavors" of consciousness, just Consciousness. What we perceive as individuated or local consciousness is simply Ahamkara (mind's appropriating function; I-maker) appropriating Consciousness (what you're labeling as superconsciousness) as its own. It's the difference between "I am conscious" vs. "I Am Consciousness Itself".
Old 13-07-2021, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's like a face and its reflection in a mirror. I suppose we can call the face superconsciousness, the reflection consciousness and the mirror mind but that's not really right. There aren't different "flavors" of consciousness, just Consciousness. What we perceive as individuated or local consciousness is simply Ahamkara (mind's appropriating function; I-maker) appropriating Consciousness (what you're labeling as superconsciousness) as its own. It's the difference between "I am conscious" vs. "I Am Consciousness Itself".

I don’t think we should devalue local consciousness, I often feel the Indian and Buddhist systems do. I came across the idea that each of my chakras has its own consciousness, and it’s a dual consciousness ie., male/female, there must be some good reason for this duality to exist, as well as local expressions of superconsciousness.