Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 07-03-2022, 07:23 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
No. I don't have the space to take care of a cow. We have farms for a reason. And if I did have the space, cows wouldn't be on my need-to-have list.
That's right, we have farms for a reason! Let us let farmers breed cattle out of their own pocket!
Old 11-03-2022, 03:12 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Still waiting for a reply....

They contain quite a bit of the vitamins we usually believe we need.

But, if you believe you need more, you will need more.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:07 PM
Master
I thought it may be worth posting these here

1) This is about the A2 milk which I don't think you can get in UK

What’s the difference? In order to make a healthy decision, it is important to understand the difference between the two types of milk. A1 milk is the most abundantly available and, the most commonly consumed milk today. A1 milk is obtained from cow...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/living/...a2-744030.html

ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HOMOGENISING MILK

https://homogenisation.org/advantage...genising-milk/

Last but definitely not least, even if you don't have time to read this please read the tasting notes and ask yourselves why are we not creating more herds like this world wide, the tasting notes alone you would think inspire some businesspeople to invest in it as a high end product.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-dairy-farming

The milk taste test: Can our experts tell the difference?
We asked our panel of experts to compare the Hare Krishna milk with the supermarket version
Sam Clark (chef, Moro restaurant, north London)

Looking at both of these, the colour is hugely different, and tells a big story without even tasting them. You can also see that one of the milks has a much better viscosity. One tastes like a very ordinary low-grade milk; you can feel that the cow didn't go to a lot of effort for that, it's probably over-milked.

The other one tastes like a meal in itself. You really feel it's got a lot of goodness, it tastes three times more concentrated, there's not just a marginal difference here. The flavour lasts for a long time, it doesn't just disappear. People are so used to drinking thin, high-volume milk that they might find it difficult to drink this, they might find it too strong. It's sad that we're so used to a watered-down version.

We make all our own cheese and yoghurt here at Moro, and of course I'd love to use milk like this to produce it. You can tell it'd make a great cheese or yoghurt. I wish my kids could drink this. It tastes like you're on a farm. The flavour is very complex and really stays with you. There's no comparison. This is the real thing.

Advertisement

Rosie Sykes (chef and author)

Number two [the Hare Krishna milk] was much richer and more delicious and generally lovelier. It had an amazing silky texture. I've never drunk milk like that before. It even moved in a different way; it seemed very rich. I could imagine that making anything with it would improve it so much. If you made a white sauce or a custard with that it would be incredible. It was almost like cream, it was so rich. When I first opened it I actually wondered if it was all right, because it almost smelt like it was raw; not cheesy but more smelly than ordinary milk. You can't really smell shop-bought milk unless it's gone bad, but this had a definite smell. Once I tried it I realised it was fine, and instantly thought, my god, it's incredible.

I knew the other milk was normal milk as it seemed thin and lighter and bubbly.

John Vidal (Guardian environment editor)

Oooh it's creamy! It's rich! Mmmmmm! It's delicious! The other one is beige and bland. It's like a Stilton compared with Dairylea.

Interviews by Kate Abbott
Old 08-04-2022, 02:07 PM
Master
I thought it may be worth posting these here

This is about the A2 milk which I don't think you can get in UK

What’s the difference? In order to make a healthy decision, it is important to understand the difference between the two types of milk. A1 milk is the most abundantly available and, the most commonly consumed milk today. A1 milk is obtained from cow...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/living/...a2-744030.html

ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HOMOGENISING MILK

https://homogenisation.org/advantage...genising-milk/

Last but definitely not least, even if you don't have time to read this please read the tasting notes and ask yourselves why are we not creating more herds like this world wide, the tasting notes alone you would think inspire some businesspeople to invest in it as a high end product.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-dairy-farming

The milk taste test: Can our experts tell the difference?
We asked our panel of experts to compare the Hare Krishna milk with the supermarket version
Sam Clark (chef, Moro restaurant, north London)

Looking at both of these, the colour is hugely different, and tells a big story without even tasting them. You can also see that one of the milks has a much better viscosity. One tastes like a very ordinary low-grade milk; you can feel that the cow didn't go to a lot of effort for that, it's probably over-milked.

The other one tastes like a meal in itself. You really feel it's got a lot of goodness, it tastes three times more concentrated, there's not just a marginal difference here. The flavour lasts for a long time, it doesn't just disappear. People are so used to drinking thin, high-volume milk that they might find it difficult to drink this, they might find it too strong. It's sad that we're so used to a watered-down version.

We make all our own cheese and yoghurt here at Moro, and of course I'd love to use milk like this to produce it. You can tell it'd make a great cheese or yoghurt. I wish my kids could drink this. It tastes like you're on a farm. The flavour is very complex and really stays with you. There's no comparison. This is the real thing.

Advertisement

Rosie Sykes (chef and author)

Number two [the Hare Krishna milk] was much richer and more delicious and generally lovelier. It had an amazing silky texture. I've never drunk milk like that before. It even moved in a different way; it seemed very rich. I could imagine that making anything with it would improve it so much. If you made a white sauce or a custard with that it would be incredible. It was almost like cream, it was so rich. When I first opened it I actually wondered if it was all right, because it almost smelt like it was raw; not cheesy but more smelly than ordinary milk. You can't really smell shop-bought milk unless it's gone bad, but this had a definite smell. Once I tried it I realised it was fine, and instantly thought, my god, it's incredible.

I knew the other milk was normal milk as it seemed thin and lighter and bubbly.

John Vidal (Guardian environment editor)

Oooh it's creamy! It's rich! Mmmmmm! It's delicious! The other one is beige and bland. It's like a Stilton compared with Dairylea.

Interviews by Kate Abbott