Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 31-08-2021, 08:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
I'm rather glad you did. It has me observing different vibrations in different meditative states.
Do you live near to a railway line?
Old 31-08-2021, 09:48 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
Do you live near to a railway line?
I can"t tell if you are joking or if you've never felt parts of your body vibrate, twitch, tingle while meditating, chanting or otherwise engaged in spiritual/ devotional practices. Without much imagination I think the Buddha calls it blameless food for the mind. It nourishes, it soothes, it energizes. So many helpful qualities in vibratory practices. That is if we leave behind our puberal minds. With that perception I guess vibration is something to laugh at.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:32 AM
AbodhiSky

Everything in our universe, all life here on earth, even our brain regions vibrate at certain frequencies. So somebody in mindfulness or deep meditation or even just calm will actually have different vibrationary frequencies in their brain than say somebody arguing with somebody. An interesting thing was found to occur when some different vibrating things or processes come into proximity. They will often start, after some time, to vibrate together at the same frequency. They “sync up.” That could explain why when we are around enlightened masters we feel different.

If someone wants more of the science stuff, brain gamma waves are typically defined as about 30 to 90 cycles per second (hertz), theta as a 4- to 7-hz rhythm, and beta as 12.5 to 30 hz. These aren’t hard cutoffs—they’re rules of thumb—and they vary somewhat in different species. These three waves work together to produce, or at least facilitate, electrical brain patterns and states or types of human consciousness in ways we just don't understand yet as "consciousness" has been an elusive thing to study. Modern science still does not know the source of consciousness itself.

My guess would be consciousness sets the brains vibrationary rate or frequencies and not the other way around with consciousness not having it's source as the brain. A lot of scientists look at it the other way around and have the theory all atoms have some degree of consciousness and the complexity of certain brains for example brings it out to the degree like we have it. My guess also is different dimensions operate at different frequencies or vibrations and so the "higher spiritual realms" vibrate at higher and higher frequencies as do the beings that inhabit those regions.

Buddhist monks chant, repeat mantras at certain frequencies. The color red has the lowest vibration frequency while violet has the highest frequency. Ultra violet higher than that and out of the range our human eye can see. The frequencies of sound also affect matter as science has shown in water and sand experiments. Sand placed on a speaker will show complex geometric patterns at each pitch, geometry through vibration. Sound vibrations affect water and our body is around 60% water.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:41 AM
AbodhiSky

Some lines from the Beach Boy song Good Vibrations

I hear the sound of a gentle word
Close my eyes, she's somehow closer now
Softly smile, I know she must be kind
I'm pickin' up good vibrations

So a person gentle of speech, kind, smiling...
They would have a consciousness of a certain frequency or vibration.
"Good" frequencies or vibrations.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:04 AM
Eelco

Gone shopping.
Shelves and shelves of desire.
The cashier smiles.
Release
Old 01-09-2021, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm rather glad you did. It has me observing different vibrations in different meditative states.
Yes I can relate to various vibrations especially when practicing Qigong/Tai Chi and Walking Meditation..
Old 01-09-2021, 03:10 PM
The birds have vanished from the sky,
Now the last cloud drains away.

We sit together, the mountain and me,
Until only the mountain remains.

Wang Ch'ang Ling

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-09-2021, 03:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I can"t tell if you are joking
Yes, joking.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:54 AM
Master
Unresolved thought trains

how may the dreamed object
awake within the dream
if subject be asleep
Old 02-09-2021, 02:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
Yes, joking.

Isn't it better to be back here in your own element? Another faith can be quite inhabitable. I wonder if Buddhism is better or is it just us who - like fish - can't breathe when we are out of the water.