Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 14-12-2023, 03:15 AM
Master
Last movie I saw was Battle for Sevastopol.

I thought the movie's plot was amazing. It was set in 1937-1942 and revolves around a young woman called Lyudmila Pavlichenko. In the movie, she falls in love with at least 3 people. She even aspired to become at least a Lieutenant in a combat unit! In 1942, she even went to Canada and to the USA as a publist, and became the first USSR citizen to ever stay at the White House!

The movie begins with the American First Lady, Eleanor Roosevelt, in USSR, asking various soldiers their personal death count. Eleanor Roosevelt finally gets to the woman, who is the star of the movie, and she tells the President's wife she has a count of 309! To me, that ruined the movie. As far as I was concerned, they stretched the truth too much.

It turned out, the movie was about a real event. The actress, portraying the historical person, looks very similar to the historical figure. The 309 count: that is what they recorded it as. Amazing.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-12-2023, 10:31 AM
Ascender

Probably Vantage Point. The tale of the assassination of the US President in Salamanca, as told through the viewpoints of several different characters.
Old 20-12-2023, 12:59 AM
Pathfinder
Your Name.

One of the most beautiful and moving movies I've seen. After watching it last week, there are still moments that almost bring me to tears just thinking of them.

"Even if the mind forgets, the heart will always remember."
Old 20-12-2023, 11:08 PM
Master
The Two Popes.

Edit: Nice movie, the popes (played by Jonathan Pryce and Anthony Hopkins) talking about ethical issues. Worth a watch.

Last edited by Altair : 21-12-2023 at 09:54 AM.
Old 21-12-2023, 03:34 PM
Dude111

I last saw AMITYVILLE II (1982??) on VHS
Old 27-12-2023, 05:39 PM
Guide
Land - directed and starring Robin Wright
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10265034/

Engrossing, well made - a journey on dealing with grief. Credible and poignant
Old 27-12-2023, 08:42 PM
Master
Home Alone 2 I forgot a funny that was I don't think that's the allowed to be made now because of the political quetness but it was soft funny in the 90s reminds me I was a middle end of my teens but so funny drop a scar ed Danny DeVito and Daniel stain or so funny enough for them especially when debate or had to put his head in the toilet because his head was on fire and dangerous but it was for cleverly done and then layers it was so hilarious the hotel stuff how one kid could fill all of them was so funny but I saw home alone too on Christmas eve night it's my next's house with my greatness am I great nice is exhausting but I'm not hurt the pits I say too much of May in that kid because I was one of them kids couldn't keep still it was fidgeting into energy but one more on to was their last film I've seen for a long time but swap funny

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 05-01-2024, 11:33 AM
Master

Watched "Captain Phillips" yesterday.
And although it was hard hitting the acting was amazing .
Tom Hanks, and the solami pirates all deserved the accolades they received .
Old 07-01-2024, 11:28 PM
Master
We watched a Netflix film last night.

Society of the Snow. A true story

It was brutal and difficult to comprehend people would survive the conditions and plane crash the film revolves around, but I have to say, it’s one the most remarkable stories of survival I’ve watched on film. Incredible really…
Old 11-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Guide
Nomadland - living the life of an American nomad, the van being home.

Whilst being borderline engaging (e.g. overlong, badly needing editing where too much of nothing occurs), it touched on the dynamics of living such a life and why people choose to live that way. Could have shown more on the diverse types of nomads. Predominantly sad but believable.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9770150/