Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 18-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Master
Yes they do. that's my response lol
Old 19-01-2011, 01:52 AM
dogninja

One of my dogs is an indigo, I think
Old 19-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony
I'm an atheist. I don't believe in God/a higher power, spirits, ghosts, auras, chakras, Zeus, and a lot of other things.

Seriously, listing everything that I think is false would take forever.

But if you were asking me what I did believe in, then I would say that I believe in humankind's ability to overcome.

Sounds like you don't believe in much of anything which boggles my mind as to why you're even on spiritual forums.
Old 19-02-2011, 11:50 AM
JonBovi

Mahakali said it all, and was brave to tell his experience in full detail.
As I read you words Mahakali, I had truth shivers through my body, feeling the experiences of my own life, so close to yours. Yet a world of differentiation in between.

I as well had add, never diagnosed, yet nonetheless I was sure of it the entire time growing up, my mother is diagnosed with it, and I held all of the same symptoms.

I could never concentrate in school, or focus my attention even for a constant 10 seconds while in school. I would get distracted by the smallest things, the end of my eraser. Call it boredom if you will, perhaps disinterest, these all represent one reality. All consciousness is interconnected.

I could never grasp concepts like Math, as I couldn't see how they fit into the logical world around me. There were no numbers in the physical world, sure there may be two birds on a ledge, and math would say those birds are the total of one bird, plus one bird equaling two, instead I only saw one bird and one bird, two or anything more was a human construct an unnecessary bi-product of perceiving . On the other hand once it became apparent to me that reading and writing, were representative of the speaking and thinking that was constant in and around me, I had no trouble picking up both in grade school.

It wasn't until I found subjects that seemed interesting to me, that I was able to pay complete attention and focus to, subjects such as History, and Sociology, things I could tangibly understand and put into perspective. And eventually came theater, which would become my major, the art of tapping in to a whole world of creation and energy and displaying to.

Whether or not "Indigo" children are a real thing, is a matter of definition, and perspective.

I have a similar coming of age story like Mikhail, I made at a point a conscious decision, to start living life how I wanted to-in a manner that gave me true gratification, that is a feeling of uninterrupted content. Up until a point, I was a nervous wreck, I always thought, I always used my mind, but I couldn't quite grasp why things happened to me in a self loathing manner the way they did. Until I realized that choice was the denominator. I had been choosing to be afraid, choosing not to pay attention, choosing not to understand things, choosing to forget portions of my past even- choosing to loathe living.

Now I choose to live, in a fluid manner.
I chose to come to this forum, knowing it would be here, never having been here before. But I knew if I sought it, I would find it, and have a reason, to add to it. I needn't even read more then one post, I was drawn to this page immediately.

There is no coincidence, there is no chance, there is only one fluid flow of consciousness.

If you would like to believe that people are not special, then this reality will be true in your mind.

We are all indigo in disguise.
We like to hide from our nature to understand, and know all.

Life really isn't that complex, if you stop thinking, and start living.
Old 28-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Amalthya

Yes! Thank you. I agree completely. ALL of us on this planet were sent here to help it evolve and evolve ourselves, we were all sent from other places. These people who start fawning over the idea that they or their children are indigo or crystal or rainbow or starseedsparklyfaeriesofdivineconfetti are falling victim to their own egos. I do believe that new energies are entering the earth because we need help, but these people fall into deep megalomania over these titles and use it as license to do what ever the frick they want!

I can see where it comes from, this existence on this planet can be very unpleasant at times, so the thought of being something special, superior, and above it all gives these people comfort so they envelop themselves in these roles to hide from the pain they've experiences on this plane.

And about how there is a rise in ADD and ADHD children, I do believe it has to do with an increase of right-brain oriented children HOWEVER there are ways to reintegrate the left-brain so that these children can function effectively in this world, as a specialized kinesiologist I am trained in such techniques and have acheived this so I know it is possible! People just accept these difficulties they or their children experience because 'they're indigo and it's just how they are'. No! It's all to do with the brain which can be fixed. They make these mental deficits seem divine which hinders the growth, development and evolution of these individuals.

Everybody wants to be somebody but nobody wants to do the work to get there, can't change the world 'indigos' if you can't focus your attention on what's going on around you.
Old 28-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Indigo children do not exist. It's a fraud to make parents think that their kids who have trouble in school are metaphysically superior. Furthermore, the "indigo traits" people keep talking about are so vague that almost any child can have any or all of these traits at some point in time.

Another thesis commonly put forward by indigo children advocates is that they might be "mislabeled" as having ADD, ADHD, or some kind of autism spectrum disorder that makes them supernaturally gifted. I can understand why parents don't like the idea of their kids being labeled as "flawed", but if a child actually does have severe problems in school because of it, then they need parental and teacher support, not to be called "special", treated like royalty, and have it pounded into their heads that they're more evolved than everyone else.

I have ADHD. And let me make something very clear: It is not a gift. It's absolutely frustrating to be unable to focus on your work and to be sidetracked by everything going on around you. And having acute senses doesn't make you better at hearing things, it drives you nuts. Bonkers. Off the wall. Thankfully, my parents and teachers know of my strengths and weaknesses and we worked out a plan so that I can do my best in school. If your child is doing poorly in school for reasons other than simply laziness, PLEASE bring them to a psychiatrist. You will do yourself, your child, and your child's teachers a HUGE favor.

Furthermore, a lot of the things considered "indigo traits" to be encouraged in your "special" children are more likely to be symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, an actual illness that is actually recognized by the American Psychiatric Association. (http://www.skepdic.com/comments/indigocom.html)

I am not saying that everyone who claims to be an indigo child is a narcissist, but in my opinion anyone who pounds this metaphysical ** into their kid's head is certainly setting them up to act that way.

See this: http://www.theironskeptic.com/articl...igo/indigo.htm
And this: http://www.skepdic.com/indigo.html

Some very good points here.
Old 28-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Amalthya

Oh, and also, I have been told by many many people I am one of these indigo/crystals but that is still my opinion on the subject.
Old 28-02-2011, 07:16 PM
tragblack

I have been told the same, Amalthya, but at the same time, I find the "symptoms" to just be too common... like a bad horoscope that applies to everyone so that it feels "right." It appeals to the human need to be special, and thus the idea is really easy to get addicted to... and defend.

Because if you're just like everyone else... what good are you? [/sarcasm]
Old 28-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Indigo children do not exist. It's a fraud to make parents think that their kids who have trouble in school are metaphysically superior. Furthermore, the "indigo traits" people keep talking about are so vague that almost any child can have any or all of these traits at some point in time.

Another thesis commonly put forward by indigo children advocates is that they might be "mislabeled" as having ADD, ADHD, or some kind of autism spectrum disorder that makes them supernaturally gifted. I can understand why parents don't like the idea of their kids being labeled as "flawed", but if a child actually does have severe problems in school because of it, then they need parental and teacher support, not to be called "special", treated like royalty, and have it pounded into their heads that they're more evolved than everyone else.

I have ADHD. And let me make something very clear: It is not a gift. It's absolutely frustrating to be unable to focus on your work and to be sidetracked by everything going on around you. And having acute senses doesn't make you better at hearing things, it drives you nuts. Bonkers. Off the wall. Thankfully, my parents and teachers know of my strengths and weaknesses and we worked out a plan so that I can do my best in school. If your child is doing poorly in school for reasons other than simply laziness, PLEASE bring them to a psychiatrist. You will do yourself, your child, and your child's teachers a HUGE favor.

Furthermore, a lot of the things considered "indigo traits" to be encouraged in your "special" children are more likely to be symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, an actual illness that is actually recognized by the American Psychiatric Association. (http://www.skepdic.com/comments/indigocom.html)

I am not saying that everyone who claims to be an indigo child is a narcissist, but in my opinion anyone who pounds this metaphysical ** into their kid's head is certainly setting them up to act that way.

See this: http://www.theironskeptic.com/articles/indigo/indigo.htm
And this: http://www.skepdic.com/indigo.html

You are correct in what you say. The whole indigo children thing is right up there with the twin flames and incarnate angels and such. These are ideas that have been created by "spiritual" people with a knowledge of psychology. The idea is that if they can play on someone's emotions, disabilities and frailties, they can make a lot of money selling snake oil.

That kind of person is just a predator.
Old 28-02-2011, 11:59 PM
mahakali

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBovi
Mahakali said it all, and was brave to tell his experience in full detail.
As I read you words Mahakali, I had truth shivers through my body, feeling the experiences of my own life, so close to yours. Yet a world of differentiation in between.

I as well had add, never diagnosed, yet nonetheless I was sure of it the entire time growing up, my mother is diagnosed with it, and I held all of the same symptoms.

I could never concentrate in school, or focus my attention even for a constant 10 seconds while in school. I would get distracted by the smallest things, the end of my eraser. Call it boredom if you will, perhaps disinterest, these all represent one reality. All consciousness is interconnected.

I could never grasp concepts like Math, as I couldn't see how they fit into the logical world around me. There were no numbers in the physical world, sure there may be two birds on a ledge, and math would say those birds are the total of one bird, plus one bird equaling two, instead I only saw one bird and one bird, two or anything more was a human construct an unnecessary bi-product of perceiving . On the other hand once it became apparent to me that reading and writing, were representative of the speaking and thinking that was constant in and around me, I had no trouble picking up both in grade school.

It wasn't until I found subjects that seemed interesting to me, that I was able to pay complete attention and focus to, subjects such as History, and Sociology, things I could tangibly understand and put into perspective. And eventually came theater, which would become my major, the art of tapping in to a whole world of creation and energy and displaying to.

Whether or not "Indigo" children are a real thing, is a matter of definition, and perspective.

I have a similar coming of age story like Mikhail, I made at a point a conscious decision, to start living life how I wanted to-in a manner that gave me true gratification, that is a feeling of uninterrupted content. Up until a point, I was a nervous wreck, I always thought, I always used my mind, but I couldn't quite grasp why things happened to me in a self loathing manner the way they did. Until I realized that choice was the denominator. I had been choosing to be afraid, choosing not to pay attention, choosing not to understand things, choosing to forget portions of my past even- choosing to loathe living.

Now I choose to live, in a fluid manner.
I chose to come to this forum, knowing it would be here, never having been here before. But I knew if I sought it, I would find it, and have a reason, to add to it. I needn't even read more then one post, I was drawn to this page immediately.

There is no coincidence, there is no chance, there is only one fluid flow of consciousness.

If you would like to believe that people are not special, then this reality will be true in your mind.

We are all indigo in disguise.
We like to hide from our nature to understand, and know all.

Life really isn't that complex, if you stop thinking, and start living.
wow im honored that i was included in your first post. you are very deep indeed as most a.d.d. people i know are. im a girl btw :) everyone thinks im a guy though so dont worry. keep posting, there is a lot of great stuff to learn.