Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-03-2024, 10:37 AM
Master
Why is there amnesia?

I don't know if we reincarnate or not, but if we do, why do we forget the past?
Old 02-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Master

Hi.....I honestly dont know.
From my learnings we are born "knowing" , and that knowing continues until we are about the age of 7 , after which our memory of 'before' is erased.
This would certainly explain everything that my eldest told me up until he was 7 years old.
Old 02-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Master

Well, on one hand the records of our pasts are available while we are in the spirit world. Temporarily off site data storage... On the other hand, what would our next life be if we had full memory of our previous life? 'You swore me allegiance! I KNOW things about you, you know...' 'But we are only five years old?' 'So? I have a Swiss bank account and remember the password. I can buy you an icecream or hire a killer to deal with you.' I think that amnesia is there because otherwise, we'd be living in a pretty weird world. After just a short while we'd all be just the same people getting new body suits. Noone would start a new life as such.
Old 02-03-2024, 12:49 PM
Administrator
I for one don't forget past lives and I cant be the only one either

Namaste
Old 02-03-2024, 02:25 PM
Good question, Altair.
I have read -"Mercy", that's why....
Good question for Sparrow!!!

Native spirit is right...some of us do and can rem them.
I have been suddenly shown scenes from maybe 4 past lives - 2 were embarrassing, cuz I
was so bad or so stupid...but they helped me
get my act together more here.

Next question: Why do we forget DREAMS...good ones, too!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-03-2024, 02:33 PM
Master
If we remember: we should not have to go to school.

We should be fluent in many languages and know how to cook various diverse dishes from other cultures.

We should be experts in ancient history and be able to understand many of the dead languages.

Which leads me to believe that there might be a lot to this question that remains unanswered for us.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-03-2024, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
We should be fluent in many languages and know how to cook various diverse dishes from other cultures.
Oh ! That might be why some people with amnesia wake up speaking a diff language!
They triggered a part of the brain that remembered that from a past life.
(We have the capacity to store 3 million years of information in our brains. Ref: Dr. Caroline Leaf.)

And I KNOW somewhere I left a few classic cars in an old garage when I died. And they're MINE!...lol. I can still see them there!

I sure do wish I could bury gold coins for my next life! BJ, you have brought this up before...and Angel, yes, rem some bank acct #!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-03-2024, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I sure do wish I could bury gold coins for my next life! BJ, you have brought this up before...and Angel, yes, rem some bank acct #!
If we liquidated our assets before death into something like gold, all we would have to do is go 'back to sleep' and 'wake up' and continue......
It becomes a win-win situation but I suspect there is a lot more 'to this' then we can imagine.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-03-2024, 06:19 PM
Guide

Imo, one of the reasons.. Because it's more than enough to deal with one life, this 'present' life.
One life can be overwhelming, let alone dozens or hundreds of lives. If we have to remember something,
for whatever reason, it'll happen naturally, or you'll feel the need to find out in some way..

Last edited by DesertRose : 02-03-2024 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-03-2024, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Next question: Why do we forget DREAMS...good ones, too!

I suppose the obvious answer is distraction in the morning, but also neglect to think about it, and even fresh air.

Reincarnation is a different life though, how would those experiences carry on/over?