Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 25-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Pathfinder

Do words really harm people? You are nothing unless you make something out of yourself. For example who owns all of your thoughts, beliefs, nonbeliefs, imagination? You do. So who is responsible for whatever words you think, hear or say? Either way I respect your wishes.
Old 25-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Master
I don't think they should change the rules, i think they should keep them as they are! lets be classy about this.....

I am sure people can be creative, and think of other ways to express themselves than swearing! plus words have energy and personality behind them and i am sure people can pick up on that! without swearing.

To be honest one thing i have noticed! is that i don't swear anymore, since i joined this forum! the rules and conditioning that goes on here, has affected me outside of here! I was not that big of a swearer, but these days i can't remember the last time when i used profanity! sometimes its about style and substance, if we have swearing all over this place! a certain style would be lost!

Probably a positive form of conditioning, and habitual behavior but for the better! every-bodies a winner!

So yes i vote for, keeping these rules.
Old 25-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
I don't think they should change the rules, i think they should keep them as they are! lets be classy about this.....

I am sure people can be creative, and think of other ways to express themselves than swearing! plus words have energy and personality behind them and i am sure people can pick up on that! without swearing.

To be honest one thing i have noticed! is that i don't swear anymore, since i joined this forum! the rules and conditioning that goes on here, has affected me outside of here! I was not that big of a swearer, but these days i can't remember the last time when i used profanity! sometimes its about style and substance, if we have swearing all over this place! a certain style would be lost!

Probably a positive form of conditioning, and habitual behavior but for the better! every-bodies a winner!

So yes i vote for, keeping these rules.

Thanks for the positive post Tiger !

I do believe the swearing rule stands as is ...... as has been stated already by Lynn.

and also in the Rules reminder of all the SF forum rules, which can be found here ....
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=86295
Old 28-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Guide

I appreciate these rules, and enjoy conversations sans swearing far more than when someone has a blue mouth. But the culture I live in is a non-cursing culture.

Besides that, the forum has the rules, and no doubt this type of thing was considered with due care by whomever founded this forum. When in someone's house, abide by their rules. That seems too common sense to me.

Besides, if it that much of an bother to you, why not start a new forum called 'Spiritual Forum with Swearing'
Old 28-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
the other day I wrote that "I cleaned the c r a p out of a basement" and it found that word as swearing....I don't think I would have offended anyone's sensibilities with that.

Although nothing really offends me, I'd prefer not to hear that word either. Why not, "I spent an insane amount of time chucking old stuff from my basement."

There are such better creative ways besides the curse.
Old 28-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have had a grand time "purging" the stuff out of my basement I do not want anymore. Next is the garage.

It feels good to clear things away and not one cuss word was said by me even when things fell over on me. In being more aware of how I used language here on SF has cleaned up my once "Potty Mouth" so nicely. Even my kids are like Mom you never swear anymore !

Lynn
Old 28-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Master
i try not 2 on hear coz i no kids get on hear
i did swear 2 day bit not on hear coz of no intent conesins u cud say ill not repet on hear coz of jids i wud not evr do in frnd of kids
sum of kids swear worse thn we do evn new swear words wev not hd of thy do
i thng its bad wen u h ear kids swear
esply 3 nd2 yr ol swear aeny kisd it swears is bad
sorrry if im rantn 2 mush

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-07-2015, 06:55 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
To flip that around from my point of view, I am surprised that grown adults often can't express themselves without swearing. Particularly on a spiritual forum. I find it very aggressive and I appreciate being able to read the posts here without it.

Express themselves is one thing. Venting frustration or insult is another. In this angry century it's a kind of safety-valve. Trouble is, this vocabulary is rammed down the ordinary person's throat by the media - children too, I fear. This morning I encountered a few barely disguised obscenities among readers' comments in a highly respected news'paper' on line. And it wouldn't be the first time if I noted one or two in the articles/reports either.

Yes, one doesn't want it on a forum like this, however many of these words are now in common parlance, regrettable as it might be.

Old 29-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Thanks for the positive post Tiger !

I do believe the swearing rule stands as is ...... as has been stated already by Lynn.

and also in the Rules reminder of all the SF forum rules, which can be found here ....
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=86295

Sweet.

I actually read the rules for once, decent set of rules them Adrienne...
Old 29-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Experiencer

When I write, bearing in mind that I am the Archetypal One handed typist. A cuss word actually makes more work for that one hand and is therefore a waste of physical energy . So what to do to to emphasize a thing.. Fortunately this forum has just the thing to add significance to what you want to say . For example you could try this or this
Closed Thread