Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 24-01-2021, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I am using TENS (Trans-cutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation), have three different units, and other methods, like working on muscle triggers with “The Stick,” during this pandemic because, like most everyone else, I am stuck at home. The Stick is a very good tool, just put those words in your search and look it up online.

Nice to see another person who likes the TENS unit.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-01-2021, 10:29 PM
Master
Quote:
I have lived a very high stress life, especially in my youth. An army combat medic in war, then and ambulance paramedic, then working in hospitals, etc. Later working as a counselor doing crisis work, etc. I ran through life at high speed, and while I gathered a lot along the way, in retrospect I long to have slowed down and smelled the roses more. Which is what I am doing today in retirement. I have roses in my house and back patio.

That's great you're in retirement now! From what you've done in life it must be a welcome relief. I feel from your posts that you had a counselor background as you come across very knowledgeable about mental health and you show much wisdom and compassion. Thanks for sharing this information about you.
Old 24-01-2021, 10:34 PM
janielee

Quote:
Acupuncture, maybe acupressure massage, or even a chiropractic adjustment, may help. But most of all journaling and meditating to try and understand what the blockage is related to. Blockage is the symptom and treating a symptom may only bring temporary relief. The cause of the blockage is something deeper, which a closer examination of one’s life, or lifestyle, may reveal.

Blockage usually means we are tightly holding on to something that is impeding our flow of energy. Blockage may come after a long period of mental or emotional tension. This can also cause stress. Energy plus blockage causes friction. Self examination of polarizing feelings or thoughts, positions held in our mind, etc., might reveal the cause of blockages. Thus journaling does work; it can help us look at our patterns.

Pre-pandemic, I used to go camping every month, this was a stress reliever for me, but with the pandemic that has been postponed. Sometimes I would go to the Mojave Desert in the fall and winter months, and at night build a campfire, get naked, with my Native American tom-tom drum in my hand, and yell and dance while I drummed. A great stress reliever.

I am using TENS (Trans-cutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation), have three different units, and other methods, like working on muscle triggers with “The Stick,” during this pandemic because, like most everyone else, I am stuck at home. The Stick is a very good tool, just put those words in your search and look it up online.

Interesting, thanks and much appreciated, Starman

It's a blockage internally - of energy - I have had it for years and whereas most things I could easily clear in meditation, this one just holds emotion and thought.

Do you recommend that method of hearing it out and reflecting on it.

I will review the other methods you mention but chiropractic help cannot because it's 'inside'. Love the naked drumming, YO!

Old 24-01-2021, 10:35 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Have you ever screamed into a pillow thinking about the issue?

No, I haven't. It's more like a physical thing but when I go into it, I do feel emotions and thoughts...perhaps it's all a clue
Old 25-01-2021, 02:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Interesting, thanks and much appreciated, Starman

It's a blockage internally - of energy - I have had it for years and whereas most things I could easily clear in meditation, this one just holds emotion and thought.

Do you recommend that method of hearing it out and reflecting on it.

I will review the other methods you mention but chiropractic help cannot because it's 'inside'. Love the naked drumming, YO!

Yes, I do recommend journaling. When I was in my forties I wrote my own autobiography, it took many months to write, and I tried not to leave anything out as to how I felt about certain periods of my life, etc. Weeks after I finished I re-read what I had written and it revealed patterns to me, physical behaviors, and ways of thinking and feeling, that I had which I was not aware of. My autobiography helped me put a lot of things in perspective.

I have also done psychological analysis of myself by taking various personality tests, etc., having worked in the mental health field such tests were readily available to me. I also did some esoteric tests on myself using various occult tools. All of these helped me gain perspectives of myself that I probably may not have considered. You know you have and internal blockage but you don’t know why you have that blockage.

I feel like if you want to get rid of it, it might be helpful to try and understand more about it and why it may be there in the first place. The work we have to do on ourselves can sometimes be difficult, but the greater the matter, the greater the release and experience of liberation, when that matter is removed. This internal issue might have worked its way in from outside, external circumstances, etc. You really won’t know until you investigate it.

It may be blocked energy that holds emotion and thought, or patterns of emotion and thought that blocks this energy. There are lots of treatments available for unblocking energy. Look into Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese medicine, or homeopathy, etc. But again, don’t just treat the symptoms, get to the root of the matter. If you have had this for years then it has become rooted in your conditioning, and meditation alone may not alleviate it. Although shinning a light on it through investigation, journaling, etc. may reveal its true nature.
Old 25-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I do recommend journaling. When I was in my forties I wrote my own autobiography, it took many months to write, and I tried not to leave anything out as to how I felt about certain periods of my life, etc. Weeks after I finished I re-read what I had written and it revealed patterns to me, physical behaviors, and ways of thinking and feeling, that I had which I was not aware of. My autobiography helped me put a lot of things in perspective.

I have also done psychological analysis of myself by taking various personality tests, etc., having worked in the mental health field such tests were readily available to me. I also did some esoteric tests on myself using various occult tools. All of these helped me gain perspectives of myself that I probably may not have considered. You know you have and internal blockage but you don’t know why you have that blockage.

I feel like if you want to get rid of it, it might be helpful to try and understand more about it and why it may be there in the first place. The work we have to do on ourselves can sometimes be difficult, but the greater the matter, the greater the release and experience of liberation, when that matter is removed. This internal issue might have worked its way in from outside, external circumstances, etc. You really won’t know until you investigate it.

It may be blocked energy that holds emotion and thought, or patterns of emotion and thought that blocks this energy. There are lots of treatments available for unblocking energy. Look into Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese medicine, or homeopathy, etc. But again, don’t just treat the symptoms, get to the root of the matter. If you have had this for years then it has become rooted in your conditioning, and meditation alone may not alleviate it. Although shinning a light on it through investigation, journaling, etc. may reveal its true nature.

People that work with energy, especially at the Aura and Chakra level, can, at times, make some impressive 'healings' dealing with blockages. But if the blockage is removed and the issue(s) dealing with how the blockage came about are not resolved, the person generally can expect the blockage to return.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-01-2021, 04:53 PM
Master
Exactly BJ, and you said it perfectly in less words then I did. Unfortunately most people are only treating symptoms and it becomes a maintenance task of reliving symptoms. To get at the root cause requires more work. I spent decades, a good portion of my life working on childhood issues, that were interfering with the relationship I had with myself as and adult. Blockage can create stress, and stress is a very important thing that many people do not even look at or acknowledge.

There are people who take their own life because they are under tremendous stress. This pandemic we are in is a great time to do work on ourselves; because isolation or even quarantined with others, can bring up all sorts of things that some might blame on the pandemic, but actually these are things that were probably always there within us, and the pandemic amplified them. When something is amplified we can see it, investigate it, and learn about it, as well as learn from it. People will do things under stress that they don’t normally do, but everything we go through in life can be our teacher. Class is always in session and the subject of learning is ourselves.
Old 25-01-2021, 06:51 PM
Master
People usually can not think clearly when they are under stress. For most it triggers a fight or flight response. Technological evolution has outstripped biological evolution and that can be a great source of stress.

There are two types of stressors; specific events and situational conditions. But there are many stress mediators, physical relief, psychological relief, spiritual relievers, etc. The strains of stress psychologically include fatigue, headaches, depression, irritability, mood swings, and a sense of feeling threatened. Physiologically a person may experience an upset stomach, high blood pressure, and, or muscle twitching, among other things. Spiritually we may lose our creative ability, feel stuck, worn out, hopelessness, and an inability to enjoy life. This is the short list.

The symptoms of stress can be similar to the symptoms of grieving. The old school of psychological thinking says that type-A personality people may experience stress differently than type-B personality folks. Type-A people usually have a normal sense of urgency for just about everything. They often confuse doing with being, and they feel a need to be in control of everything at all times. So when a stressful event or situation comes along these characteristics are amplified.

Type-A persons can reduce stress by realizing what is within their control and what is not in their control. The type-B personality can regulate stress by focusing their attention, watching their diet, and exercising regularly. Either personality type can regulate stress by the way they think, our diet or intake, exercise, massages, relaxation techniques, and relaxing baths, among other things. Hugs work too, but unfortunately physically hugging is curtailed during this pandemic. How about a virtual hug.

I learned about four stages of stress response symptoms some time ago:

STAGE I:
The person may experience mild anxiety, nervous sweat, tense muscles, heartburn, headaches, feeling on edge, increased heart rate, irritability, sleeplessness, worrying, short tempered, and, or crying.

STAGE II:
Stomach cramps, or stomach ache, feeling shaky, intense anger, backaches, chronic tension in the body, shortness of breath/hyperventilating, cramps in legs or arms, severe or chronic headaches, and, or chronic insomnia.

STAGE III:
Depression, raging frequently, eating a lot when not hungry, stomach tied in knots, loss of sexual desire, heart pains, lowered self-esteem, diarrhea, migraine headaches, skin eruptions, heart palpitations, and, or easily exhausted.

STAGE IV:
Heart attack, ulcers, cancer, feeling suicidal, stroke, and, or rheumatoid arthritis. Stages-2 and 3 can make a person a candidate for serious illness, if those symptoms are allowed to persist.

A person may have symptoms from all of the stages at once, or a mixture from one or two stages. It is important to know when you are under stress, and to do and intervention on yourself as soon as possible. Having a stress program for yourself even when you are not under stress is also a good idea. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Old 25-01-2021, 08:51 PM
janielee

Hey thanks Starman and BigJohn, much appreciated.

Namaste.
Old 25-01-2021, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
People usually can not think clearly when they are under stress. For most it triggers a fight or flight response.

Starman,

Good points.

What I have noticed is also the fight or flight response and something else, which I never noticed, and that is the 'freeze' response.