Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 09-02-2021, 11:59 AM
Newbie ;)

I am really undecided about healing.

Say someone comes to you because of a condition they have. The human has given you permission to help them in some way. Do we actually know how we should help them, whether we should help them learn to do it themselves or whether we should do it for them. Many would probably say they are guided what to do, only the people they can help come to then for help, or that they would not be a healer if they "should" not be doing it.

I am moving more towards a belief that we are spirit and have, prior to this Earth life, organised the major points in our journey so that we can meet the experiences which will give us the best learning events for our spirit.

If that is so, then healing some other human who does not remember the 'plan' they made for themselves, is counter-productive for them and denies them the learning experience of that biological condition. I can imagine many spirits incarnating as doctors to experience life in that profession, and finding that some goody two-shoes healer has done all the work for them and there is no-one left to administer to. It also goes down a deep rabbit hole of what-if scenarios.

Does healing someone invade their personal free will? Some people think it does. Are we denying them the opportunity of healing themselves or learning how to do this? Maybe the fact that their disease later has a spontaneous remission teaches them a life-lesson of some kind? Are we, as healers, feeding our own ego by being the bringer of health to someone else? Yes, it feels good to have helped them, of healed them from a potentially serious life-threatening disease. Are we REALLY doing God's work? Is this REALLY a gift? Are we taking on some karma by doing healing on others?

I bet there are many healers who both like doing this and think they have a special calling. It gives them a nice fuzzy feeling inside.

There are so many things to consider that I dont know what to think. It also probably makes others defensive about their healing work/gift/calling and me unpopular for bringing up this subject. However, I think it needs to be discussed (and may have been before this - if so I am sorry to bring it up again)
Old 09-02-2021, 10:34 PM
Administrator
When you Heal anyone you can only do it with their consent.
plus the person recieving the Healing has to be open to it. if they are not it wont work.
We are all spirit and we all go back to spirit, when our life on the earth plane is over.
The question you ask is how do you know how to help them.

Everybody is psychic but not all psychics are mediums.that goes for Healing also not everybody is open enought to do it.
so not everyone is able to heal themselves.

Namaste
Old 10-02-2021, 06:37 PM
Master
I say this with the utmost respect, but has it been considered that it may just be that the individuals time is up for their experience of this life if it is terminal?

I don't want to make this about my but my mother passed away from cancer just over a year ago. Back & forth, in and out of remission. So much pain she endured over several years. I was happy for her to have passed because she no longer suffers and she is free, until her next incarnation.

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Old 17-02-2021, 11:17 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20
I am moving more towards a belief that we are spirit and have, prior to this Earth life, organised the major points in our journey so that we can meet the experiences which will give us the best learning events for our spirit.

If that is so, then healing some other human who does not remember the 'plan' they made for themselves, is counter-productive for them and denies them the learning experience of that biological condition. I can imagine many spirits incarnating as doctors to experience life in that profession, and finding that some goody two-shoes healer has done all the work for them and there is no-one left to administer to. It also goes down a deep rabbit hole of what-if scenarios. )

You are seeing life through others, not yourself. Here is a new thought for you to think about. What proof do you have that you aren't the only real person around you? Another thought. How do you not know that they weren't meant to be awakened by you and their plan to be told to them after? Another thought. How do you know that this person truly even wants to be healed? Maybe they came to you to feel rejected on purpose or maybe healing means something else to them. When you start to think, it can become overwhelming.

There are numerous subjective thoughts that one could have on this subject. The only objective truth that you can believe in is your own. You want to know something objectively true though that applies to healers? The job of a mailman is to deliver mail on his given route. He can have his own beliefs. His own identity. His own tactics. None of this changes the fact that when it comes to his identity as a mailman - all that matters is that he delivers all the mail. Perhaps their are some destinations that he is unable to get to on his route, because he is to out of shape. When he is strong enough, he will pick up those houses on his mail route.

Healers can be construed as such. If you heal everyone that comes to you, you are a healer. If you heal some that come to you, you are a apprentice healer. If you heal none that come to you, you are not a healer. Now who are you? You decide.
Old 20-02-2021, 12:19 AM
Newbie ;)

It is probably down to individual belief anyway and the healer is helping to bring about the belief in health. If we are spirit in a physical body, then our spirit should be able to create health in us as long as we believe it. And..maybe thats the problem - that we dont believe we have perfect health.
Old 20-02-2021, 05:47 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20
Say someone comes to you because of a condition they have. The human has given you permission to help them in some way. Do we actually know how we should help them, whether we should help them learn to do it themselves or whether we should do it for them. Many would probably say they are guided what to do, only the people they can help come to then for help, or that they would not be a healer if they "should" not be doing it.

If that is so, then healing some other human who does not remember the 'plan' they made for themselves, is counter-productive for them and denies them the learning experience of that biological condition. I can imagine many spirits incarnating as doctors to experience life in that profession, and finding that some goody two-shoes healer has done all the work for them and there is no-one left to administer to. It also goes down a deep rabbit hole of what-if scenarios.

Does healing someone invade their personal free will? Some people think it does. Are we denying them the opportunity of healing themselves or learning how to do this? Maybe the fact that their disease later has a spontaneous remission teaches them a life-lesson of some kind? Are we, as healers, feeding our own ego by being the bringer of health to someone else? Yes, it feels good to have helped them, of healed them from a potentially serious life-threatening disease. Are we REALLY doing God's work? Is this REALLY a gift? Are we taking on some karma by doing healing on others?

I bet there are many healers who both like doing this and think they have a special calling. It gives them a nice fuzzy feeling inside.

There are so many things to consider that I dont know what to think. It also probably makes others defensive about their healing work/gift/calling and me unpopular for bringing up this subject. However, I think it needs to be discussed (and may have been before this - if so I am sorry to bring it up again)

I have for many many years felt irritated by the whole concept of healing in the spiritual community. Everyone I have encountered claims to be a healer/empath/shaman or whatever identity we feel the need to give ourselves. All this is Ego and has very little to do with healing and helping others. We as a human race want to help others because it makes us feel better and special. Again Ego. Very few of us can look at themselves from a helicopter view and be completely honest about ourselves and our shadows. People need a sense of purpose which is put upon us by society. You need to have a goal, need to know where you are going with your life etc. Most of the times we get interested in spirituality or a religion for that matter because we need to believe is a higher power. In the end it all comes down to the same thing: We have trauma's we can't really deal with so our brain goes in survival mode and denial. By focussing on someone else, we don't have to deal with ourselves. It is a coping mechanism. Most people who call themselves empaths are just Highly Sensitive People. Shamans are born Shamans. You can't study to become one. Witches are born witches. You don't become one. Spirituality has gone mainstream and it has very little to do with Spirituality all together. We are just not happy with the state of the world, so we find something that makes us feel better. You can't heal people. The best you can do is have an uplifting talk with them, or pretend to give them a healing which is almost always a placebo. The client keeps coming back because nothing really changes, except the healers bank account. Healing is your own responsibility. If you are willing to heal.
Old 20-02-2021, 05:55 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRosa
I have for many many years felt irritated by the whole concept of healing in the spiritual community. Everyone I have encountered claims to be a healer/empath/shaman or whatever identity we feel the need to give ourselves. All this is Ego and has very little to do with healing and helping others. We as a human race want to help others because it makes us feel better and special. Again Ego. Very few of us can look at themselves from a helicopter view and be completely honest about ourselves and our shadows. People need a sense of purpose which is put upon us by society. You need to have a goal, need to know where you are going with your life etc. Most of the times we get interested in spirituality or a religion for that matter because we need to believe is a higher power. In the end it all comes down to the same thing: We have trauma's we can't really deal with so our brain goes in survival mode and denial. By focussing on someone else, we don't have to deal with ourselves. It is a coping mechanism. Most people who call themselves empaths are just Highly Sensitive People. Shamans are born Shamans. You can't study to become one. Witches are born witches. You don't become one. Spirituality has gone mainstream and it has very little to do with Spirituality all together. We are just not happy with the state of the world, so we find something that makes us feel better. You can't heal people. The best you can do is have an uplifting talk with them, or pretend to give them a healing which is almost always a placebo. The client keeps coming back because nothing really changes, except the healers bank account. Healing is your own responsibility. If you are willing to heal.

I remember reading in history class on how franklin sent a letter to Washington on the Monticello model on his thoughts on slavery and how by creating a pyramid of top slaves and providing them with leading comforts that the bottom slaves were envious of, he could psychologically enslave the entire group and have them turn against one another, ending any act of rebellion, after all - it was no longer about escape through unity, but to get to the top of the pyramid through any means necessary - but I have to say, this is how it should be. I knew North Korea was doing something right. Peasants being peasants all serving nobility like yours truly. You have wise words my friend. As someone who was born a witch, as a royal, as a monarch, as a whatever you consider as being better than you, I am that, you should know your place. You obviously are someone who understands how things are and someone who is now worthy of serving me. You cannot become a witch. You cannot become a shaman. How dare you even dare to dream. Welcome to reality. You all need me. I and my brethren were born better than all of you. We will provide you that sense of purpose. Idiots.

Go now my minion and preach how I am better than everyone and how they should be more like you. You are my star. The role model for others. P.S - Please stop trying to better yourself. For goodness sake, it's annoying sabotaging you all time and time again. Just accept your fate.
Old 31-03-2021, 02:14 AM
Newbie ;)

There are plenty of healing modalities which do not involve a human. Various kinds of light therapy, sound, stones, crystals, magnetism. The folk who practice these modalities have learned the technique and are merely technicians, placing the items or providing the space to experience the method.

Yes, there probably is some responsibility on the part of both sides to make sure it is done safely, to seek out what our body needs, and even to listen to our inner voice which may or may not tell us what to find so that our condition is healed.

If we are really spirit in a physical body, then any illness is either something generated by us so that we can learn, or else a result of wrong living practices which are out of harmony with our true nature. It is essentially our lack of understanding and knowledge about ourselves, which is more likely to be the reason.
Old 31-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Administrator
What people need to remember is anyone can say they are a Healer they can say they are mediums etc, but that is not always true,
I am both a medium and a healer but i dont brag about it,and what you also need to consider is that you can only heal those who are open to be Healed,
When we heal we are just the vesil in which spirit doctors work through us.

Namaste