Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacustranslation
I have some Christian friends who deny the existence of afterlife or reincarnation. I mentioned to them that the original Bible contained messages related to reincarnation but was later removed by the Councils.

What would be the best way to explain to them about the existence of afterlife and reincarnation?

abacustranslation,

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

If the horse is thirsty....it will drink. If it is not thirsty it will not drink. But at least the horse will know where to find water. It will return there when it is thirsty. IMO it is best to be content with that...you have done your job.

If you go beyond that and persist....your ego is controlling you. You want affirmation or praise or whatever. Your ego intrusion becomes an impediment to the freedom of another.

We legitimately tell our children not to touch a hot stove. We do this out of love not from any expectation of being thanked or praised. Lessons are best learned when the time is right.....everything in its own time. Best not to deprive anyone of a personal discovery.
Old 28-09-2020, 09:07 AM
Newbie ;)

I made it a rule not to argue with those who are in another religious concession. I believe that sooner or later any person will come across this face to face. I'm sorry that some things will be late for them, but ... I'm not a violent preacher.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:13 AM
Seeker

The Bible nowhere support reincarnation. It is not a Christian concept. The Bible says man shall die once and after that judgment.

Someone having the resemblance of someone else isn't a proof of reincarnation. We all have perfect resemblance somewhere. But we are different souls.
Old 13-11-2020, 05:28 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Most of everything that we know, believe or accept as being true stems from other people, from other cultures, from other religions and belief systems, quite clearly from other sources other than oneself. Various books, films, documentaries, YouTube, SF, and so on add fuel to the fire of human imagination and lead many people into a sort of seventh heaven state.
Personally I have long been convinced of the power of human imagination both personal and collective and to the false assumptions to which it has lead.
Logic and the growing information about our physical world shows us that one cannot walk on water, turn water into wine or divide a sea. All these myths, all these Egyptian, Greek and Roman gods, all these Eastern gods and godessess are all figments of man's imagination. The extent to which one believes these stories depends upon the strength of one's imagination and one's preparedness to ignore rational thinking.

However there are moments when our world does offer moments which send us off on a search for what might be called 'reality' and where no amount of logic or rational thought gives rise to the appearance of metaphysical or paranormal experiences - something that just isn't discussed enough.
Personally I have had 16 such moments in my long life, all of which left me dumbfounded as to how such things can be explained.

Here's one and it has to do directly with life after death.
On the 26th of May 1981 I woke in the night, took a quick glance at the clock on my night table, saw that it was almost 4am, thought to myself how it was an unusual time for me to awaken and promptly went back to sleep.
I immediately found myself standing on the pavement of a local hill road watching a very strange contraption coming slowly along the road from my left. As it got nearer I saw it was a trestle on wheels carrying a coffin. This stopped in front of me and I saw that the coffin had a transparent lid and that my Dad was lying there. My first thought was how well he looked, I wasn't shocked or even surprised, it simply was so. When it stopped Dad raised his left arm and opened the lid, he sat up a little and said to me 'I thought I'd tell you that I am very happy and very well'. With that he closed the lid and the thing trundled off up the hill.
I woke up, it was just five past four.
My first tendency was to awaken my wife and tell her that Dad had died. Then I thought how ridiculous it was - after all it was just a dream.
I went back to sleep straight away and was woken at 5.45 by the alarm. I got up and went to work thinking all the time that Dad was dead and I should have said something.
At work I always received a lot of phone calls in the mornings but when the phone rang just before nine I knew immediately it was news about dad.
My wife phoned to say my brother had just phoned to say that dad had died in the night.
I didn't know beforehand that my father was ill, nor that he was in hospital. And we were 1000 kilometres apart. So somehow my father was able to contact me, seemingly after he had died, to tell me quite simply that he was 'well'.

This sort of thing is well-known in the world's literature and exactly that is what we need to concentrate on instead of letting our imaginations run away with us.
Busby, Thank you for sharing your personal experience of your father's death.I have been a seeker and believer of ? since childhood and now as I am much older continue to search for some message, signal from loved ones that have passed or from some on this site that can offer me some message.
Old 30-11-2020, 03:09 PM
Knower

At Heede, Emsland in Germany, an apparition of the Our Lady calling Herself "Queen of the Poor Souls in Purgatory" appeared to observers on 105 occasions between November 1937 and November 1940.

The visionaries were four girls who were immediately taken away by a Luftwaffe detachment to a mental institution at Goettingen for psychiatric examination and released a month later unharmed. The Nazi authorities confirmed that the apparitions did not have a political purpose.

The reason why Our Lady should appear on so many occasions to the Catholic villagers of Heede remains a mystery, since the Church, while admitting the facts, declines to provide any commentary on it.

The legend of the Untersberg mountain in the 13th century arose from what appears to have been the same female apparition preaching on numerous occasions to a Knights Templar detachment within the mountain. The message passed was that virtually all souls go to Purgatory initially, and an important purpose of our lives should be direct prayer in order to obtain their, and later our own, release.

In Her apparition to a monastic Order at Aylesford, England in July 1251, the apparition describing Herself as Our Lady of Mount Carmel confirmed that She was Queen of the Souls in Purgatory and would descend there every seven days into order to save those who recognized Her in a specific way.

Incidentally the word "reincarnation" or similar was never mentioned in the Untersberg revelations, but there is a hint that certain, but by no means all, souls may return to the Earth. The Christianity of the Untersberg is simple and unencumbered with the baggage of the Churches.
Old 30-11-2020, 06:18 PM
To the op whose name is way too long.

Since you didn't ask if you should or shouldn't change your friends' minds - you asked how to as I recall, try this :
You say -"Oh that's funny, since there are so many references to it.
What do you think this meant and this and when Jesus replied this?"

You do the work to look up the references left in.
Then just leave them with these references they never really were aware of.
No converting, no convincing as mentioned.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2021, 03:07 PM
Pathfinder
Im pretty sure reincarnation is the best documented and undeniable evidence of an afterlife there is.
If people dont want to believe it, they are the types that will just believe what they want to believe.
Old 16-02-2021, 03:37 PM
Newbie ;)

What did the Bible say/hint about reincarnation? I want to know.
Old 16-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeader666
There's way too many, but google 'Reincarnation references in the Bible' that should do it ...many in the New T.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2021, 07:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeader666

Why not go straight to the horse's mouth? Just read whatever Bible appeals to you and you'll get it verbatim and in context.