Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-01-2021, 10:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If a person doesn't believe in God like some Buddhist do...... how would they have a Heavenly 'Father'?

What kind of answer would you get from a Hindu if you ask them about their 'Heavenly Father'?

But if you look at the Original Poster's question, it deal with Jesus being the mediator between God not who is the God/god over their perspective religion.

The almighty is not an individual's heavenly Father, untill the almighty has chosen to transform the individual into the very essence of himself, as the individual desires in any one moment, for the slow occurring transformation.

It is in the moment of truthful desire, that the very essence, of the Christ entity, does flow into the desirous individual.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
God's word is sound and secure.

The Essenes showed us the proof. No alteration had taken place.

Sure it is, though the word written in the bible of which, is said to be truthful & on the money, my not be.

Eh, 2000 year old text, of which has been in the hands of many.
And important texts ommited as well.

And you yourself can not be sure. Have you Morpheus, had any absolute 100% PHENOMENAL spiritual experiences, that could prove other wise..mmm.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:03 PM
Master

Or when Jesus said that it was the Spirit speaking through him?
Jesus was, after all, accused of being possessed by a spirit (really the Holy Spirit), so who was speaking, the man or the Spirit?
I'm basically agreeing with Neil I think
Over in Matthew Jesus says "for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you"
If such a thing is said here, why should it not apply to Jesus himself?

For sure other writings in the NT does teach the singular way to God being Jesus, but it's not hard to see it slightly differently at all
To be honest i suspect even the most ancient Christianity had this special emphasis in some way or another.... but still, the Spirit speaking through Him is a thought provoking thing

PS for an example of this
In the latter part of the second century, the prophetess Maximilla, one of the three founders of the Montanist sect of Christianity, stated, “I am pursued like a wolf from the sheep. I am not a wolf. I am word, and spirit, and power”
Old 06-01-2021, 05:13 AM
AbodhiSky

it does not make any sense as something jesus or anybody would have said. at the time jesus was supposed to have said that, the worlds population was around 300 million, how many people on earth even heard of jesus? being very generous, maybe 20,000. so if the only way to god was through jesus? that means bummer for the 2 hundred million, 9 hundred and 80 thousand, people who could not get to the father, whatever that means. 20,000 people or less has a shot, 200,980,000 people made the mistake of being born before phones, planes and internet and cars and boats that could cross the ocean in the wrong place on the planet to have heard of jesus. no chance for them to "come to the father" whatever that means.

one better translation is one cant get to god without surrendering the ego as jesus did, meaning the way he did it is the only way, so when he says i am the way, he means the way he did it or what he was. no one comes to the Father except by what i am, what i did, surrendered to gods will and not my own, no ego

but being real, those people that wrote the bible, hundreds of years after jesus was dead in some cases, had an agenda, make jesus a god, the god, and scare people into joining

when you read about jesus in the new testament its pretty clear he did not like religion and religious authorities, so hard to believe he would say something like that to be some god-like authority. if fact its right there in the bible, somebody asks him flat out what to do, and jesus told him to keep the commandments, the guy is like what else? jesus thinks and says, well you can sell everything you own, give the money to the poor, and follow me around, if you are into something like that, if you want to be "perfect"

jesus never said, hey im god, worship me dude. im the only way you are getting to heaven, if fact jesus got mad at the one guy who called him good, he said, no, no. no. only god is good, dont look at me. he said give your stuff to the poor, help me on my lecture series and tour around rome

but long after jesus was dead, the peeps into making a living as leaders of some church were saying, yea the only way your not going to hell is by walking into my church, tithing, and worshipping jesus who is the one and only god
Old 06-01-2021, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
it does not make any sense as something jesus or anybody would have said. at the time jesus was supposed to have said that, the worlds population was around 300 million, how many people on earth even heard of jesus? being very generous, maybe 20,000. so if the only way to god was through jesus? that means bummer for the 2 hundred million, 9 hundred and 80 thousand, people who could not get to the father, whatever that means. 20,000 people or less has a shot, 200,980,000 people made the mistake of being born before phones, planes and internet and cars and boats that could cross the ocean in the wrong place on the planet to have heard of jesus. no chance for them to "come to the father" whatever that means.

one better translation is one cant get to god without surrendering the ego as jesus did, meaning the way he did it is the only way, so when he says i am the way, he means the way he did it or what he was. no one comes to the Father except by what i am, what i did, surrendered to gods will and not my own, no ego

but being real, those people that wrote the bible, hundreds of years after jesus was dead in some cases, had an agenda, make jesus a god, the god, and scare people into joining

when you read about jesus in the new testament its pretty clear he did not like religion and religious authorities, so hard to believe he would say something like that to be some god-like authority. if fact its right there in the bible, somebody asks him flat out what to do, and jesus told him to keep the commandments, the guy is like what else? jesus thinks and says, well you can sell everything you own, give the money to the poor, and follow me around, if you are into something like that, if you want to be "perfect"

jesus never said, hey im god, worship me dude. im the only way you are getting to heaven, if fact jesus got mad at the one guy who called him good, he said, no, no. no. only god is good, dont look at me. he said give your stuff to the poor, help me on my lecture series and tour around rome

but long after jesus was dead, the peeps into making a living as leaders of some church were saying, yea the only way your not going to hell is by walking into my church, tithing, and worshipping jesus who is the one and only god

The scripture in question was claiming that Jesus is the mediator between God and man. When some pray, they conclude something like "in the name of Jesus........, Amen".

The New Advent, A Catholic repository of Catholic information claims "In New Testament theology the term invariably implies that the estranged beings are God and man, and it is appropriated to Christ, the One Mediator. When special friends of God — angels, saints, holy men — plead our cause before God, they mediate "with Christ"; their mediation is only secondary and is better called intercession. ."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:29 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
The scripture in question was claiming that Jesus is the mediator between God and man. When some pray, they conclude something like "in the name of Jesus........, Amen".

jesus gave his followers the lords prayer to use, "our father who art in heaven" so jesus was certainly not telling anyone they had to go though him to pray to the father or god.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
jesus gave his followers the lords prayer to use, "our father who art in heaven" so jesus was certainly not telling anyone they had to go though him to pray to the father or god.

The prelude to the Lord's prayer, Jesus told them not to say repetitive prayers. Today, the Lord's Prayer is used a lot and probably is the most repeated prayer. Figure that one out......

When Jesus gave this prayer, he was a Jew. The ones listening , were Jews. And then, Jesus was executed but even as he died, he still was a Jew and he died a Jew.

Now having said that, the scriptures claim Jesus is the mediator between man and God. Even the New Advent, which I partially quoted, agrees on that.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:

I agree with you, He was showing that He personally had found the way and we as individuals can also find ' Our Way '.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:56 AM
Master
Quote:
The prelude to the Lord's prayer, Jesus told them not to say repetitive prayers. Today, the Lord's Prayer is used a lot and probably is the most repeated prayer. Figure that one out......

When Jesus gave this prayer, he was a Jew. The ones listening , were Jews. And then, Jesus was executed but even as he died, he still was a Jew and he died a Jew.

Now having said that, the scriptures claim Jesus is the mediator between man and God. Even the New Advent, which I partially quoted, agrees on that.

Scriptures ' Claim '......
Old 06-01-2021, 08:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Strange thing is............ the Buddhists I personally know, do believe in God.

As for Hinduism, I had to go to a predominate Buddhist country to find a huge statue of Trimurti. From there, I found out Trimurti is the Hindu Supreme God.

The Hindu Trinity consists of Vishnu, Shiva and Brahman which make up Trimurti.

Odd that you mentioned 'Lover'...........
When I first saw a huge statue of Trimurti, people were going to him for ...... 'love' issues. LOL!

Obviously some Buddhist's do believe in God. There are many Christian Zen Monks. In the Buddhist Sangha I visit there is a Roman Catholic Priest who teaches Buddhism....