Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Even if you show people that 'Hell' came about because of poor translations and that many of the newer translations have made the necessary corrections for their Bibles and no longer use Hell; there are those who still believe Hell really exists.

But then, on The Moon, Hell, I mean Hell Crater exists...... named after Anton Mesmer's teacher Father Hell[er].
And Hell Michigan exist so if you are driving to Hell, Michigan I guess you can say "You are going to Hell".

the teachings of a false fiery place began when satan put that teaching into man's mind. remember...satan "blinds the minds of the unbelievers?" 2Cor. 4:4). an unbeliever isn't always one who does NOT believe in God. he's also one who does not believe the truth. why would we want to believe that the sinner will go to a Hellfire. when we're all considered sinful humans. that would mean for me, I will go, and I know I wouldn't want to if I had that choice.

I do understand that for some reason...(well I know the main reason). MANY still believe this, but if someone showed me scriptures proving why there wouldn't have been a Hellfire created for the sinful or wicked dead. I would gladly accept, because it wouldn't be their words, but God. either way I'm sent by means of Jesus to teach the truth. Jehovah God and Jesus didn't make anyone accept it. so I understand especially because of who I am, MANY most definitely won't listen, it's their world!
Old 10-12-2020, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
the teachings of a false fiery place began when satan put that teaching into man's mind. remember...satan "blinds the minds of the unbelievers?" 2Cor. 4:4). an unbeliever isn't always one who does NOT believe in God. he's also one who does not believe the truth. why would we want to believe that the sinner will go to a Hellfire. when we're all considered sinful humans. that would mean for me, I will go, and I know I wouldn't want to if I had that choice.

I do understand that for some reason...(well I know the main reason). MANY still believe this, but if someone showed me scriptures proving why there wouldn't have been a Hellfire created for the sinful or wicked dead. I would gladly accept, because it wouldn't be their words, but God. either way I'm sent by means of Jesus to teach the truth. Jehovah God and Jesus didn't make anyone accept it. so I understand especially because of who I am, MANY most definitely won't listen, it's their world!

' when we're all considered sinful humans.'

Who considers we are ' All ' sinful Humans ? That obviously is not true as we are made ' In God's image and likeness ' so the ' True ' essence of Humans is Perfect..... and their are many who live their lives through their ' True ' essence and it shows.
Peace....
Old 10-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:

NICE COMMENTS!

People should be happy there is no HELL but they have been so indoctrinated with the idea, they firmly believe HELL does exist.

I think another reason why they believe in HELL is they do not understand Jesus' role in relation to Adam and sin. Adam and Eve were perfect. They had the hope of everlasting life. All they had to do is not eat from one tree. Satan encouraged the eating from that tree. Their hope for everlasting life was forfeited and that hope was passed on to all of their off-springs. Thru the LAW, a provision was made that the hope of everlasting life would be restored. The one who would initiate that was Jesus, especially after he fulfilled the LAW at his death. When Jesus returns, the promises of everlasting life will be established but before that happens a lot of things will happen. Some of the things have already happened to show Jesus is 'returning'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
hi satan wants us to believe in a "Hellfire", something Jehovah God and Jesus NEVER created. it's best if people start doing research on how and why the false teachings of a "Hellfire" became part MANY spiritual teachings. Jesus said that we MUST do HIS FATHER'S WILL. if we want to be saved ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

JESUS also said this ,(John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). also we have to ASK DAILY for Forgiveness, because we ALL Sin daily. Jesus taught us that in the "LORD's Prayer". I'm sure many have heard this prayer he taught ,(Matt.6:12 And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors").

you asked "If he forgives why does he threaten with the idea of hell?"
allow me to show you what Jehovah God's words says concerning, sin, death and punishments ,(Eccles. 9:5 For the living know that they will die. But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten). NOW, if the dead "KNOWS NOTHING", how would he know if he's being tortured in a "eternal fire?"

did Jehovah tell Adam that the day of eating from a certain tree. he will die and go to a fiery place where he will forever be tortured? let's see ,(Gen. 2:17 "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die”). NO mention of a fiery place. so what IS our payment for sin once we have died?...a "hellfire?

no!!!!!! ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord). see also (Rom.6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin). once WE DIED, we are free from our sins. in other words, our death is PAYMENT FOR OUR SINS.

no one is in ANY FIERY PLACE, first, because they wouldn't even know that they are there. for they have NO KNOWLEDGE of anything! and secondly ,Jehovah God nor Jesus would say...ok, I told them that they pay for their sins once they die. but let's just throw them in a fiery place for fun! satan would say that and do it, but NOT Jehovah God and Jesus. once we die, we would just be dead in a grave, with a hope of an Resurrection. peace

A great read, then you screwed it up with a reference to the supernatural.

You should stick with logos as it is always better than mythos.

I agree that only a satanic god would create a hell.

I did not see you say that god is a universalist, with a heaven and no hell, which I believe, given that scriptures say that god does not will that any be lost.

An all powerful god always gets his will. Right?

Regards
DL
Old 16-12-2020, 08:10 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
NICE COMMENTS!

People should be happy there is no HELL but they have been so indoctrinated with the idea, they firmly believe HELL does exist.

I think another reason why they believe in HELL is they do not understand Jesus' role in relation to Adam and sin. Adam and Eve were perfect. They had the hope of everlasting life. All they had to do is not eat from one tree. Satan encouraged the eating from that tree. Their hope for everlasting life was forfeited and that hope was passed on to all of their off-springs. Thru the LAW, a provision was made that the hope of everlasting life would be restored. The one who would initiate that was Jesus, especially after he fulfilled the LAW at his death. When Jesus returns, the promises of everlasting life will be established but before that happens a lot of things will happen. Some of the things have already happened to show Jesus is 'returning'.

Why did Yahweh put Satan in heaven, if not to keep Yahweh's plan on the rails?

You do realize, that to Christians, Adam's sin was necessary to Yahweh to keep the plan on track. Right?

Would you do as Adam did in this myth or would you derail god's plan?

Regards
DL
Old 16-12-2020, 08:13 PM
Soul Seeker

the teachings of a false fiery place began when satan put that teaching into man's mind. remember...satan "blinds the minds of the unbelievers?"

Your bible says that Yahweh is the one who does what you attribute to Satan.

The quotes are in the link in this old O.P.

-----------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL
Old 16-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
A great read, then you screwed it up with a reference to the supernatural.
The supernatural generally comes in to existence when trying to understand how we came about. For most religions, having a God to create everything 'seems reasonable' for most. For those that do not believe in a God, they can not provide an answer that can be proven/replicated at how we came into existence.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-12-2020, 08:49 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
The supernatural generally comes in to existence when trying to understand how we came about. For most religions, having a God to create everything 'seems reasonable' for most. For those that do not believe in a God, they can not provide an answer that can be proven/replicated at how we came into existence.

Hmm.

So Christians need to think some god helped mom and dad get it on.

They must think their fathers hips paralyzed and needed manipulation from a god.

Christians are sick thinkers.

Nature is a better way of understanding what god is when compared to religious lies.

Natural and moral discussions have an end game, while such discussions, when the supernatural is involved, are never ending and a waste of time.

That is why the intelligentsia will use logos and not mythos.

Let us all do that so as to help the mentally afflicted literalists who live n myths instead of reality.

Regards
DL
Old 16-12-2020, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Hmm.

So Christians need to think some god helped mom and dad get it on.

They must think their fathers hips paralyzed and needed manipulation from a god.

Christians are sick thinkers.

Nature is a better way of understanding what god is when compared to religious lies.

Natural and moral discussions have an end game, while such discussions, when the supernatural is involved, are never ending and a waste of time.

That is why the intelligentsia will use logos and not mythos.

Let us all do that so as to help the mentally afflicted literalists who live n myths instead of reality.

Regards
DL

The main question people would like answer is 'how did everything' come about?". One idea is the Big Bang, but that is a theory and apparently it is 'up for grabs' as to what preceded the Big Bang.

Old 16-12-2020, 09:35 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
The main question people would like answer is 'how did everything' come about?". One idea is the Big Bang, but that is a theory and apparently it is 'up for grabs' as to what preceded the Big Bang.

Who cares?

Will knowing that make anyone a better person or improve life?

Knowing that does not help the oppressed that religions create. It just adds a god over the god of the gaps. You just add a new gap. Big deal.

If you want to push religions, as I do, not the god ones but the thinking person's religions, then reducing the harm of the god religions is in our collective best interest.

Regards
DL