Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-11-2020, 01:25 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Lightbulb Happiness Is Not A Goal

Happiness is not a goal to achieve, because it's just a state of mind.

You can re-arrange your mind to be grateful of what you currently hare and find happiness with it.

By aiming at a big goal to achieve, you will have to be breakout from fear, anxiety, doubts, boredom and all forms of pain - Most people (since they believe being happy is the goal of life), when they start to feel some pain in order to achieve a big goal. They stop doing it.

This aversion to pain in order achieve big goals in life & spirit will keep you unsuccesful to everything.

In order to achive big goals, you must have to shift your belief that taking the pain is indeed good to making progress.

Cheers
Old 23-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificExplorer
*snip*

This aversion to pain in order achieve big goals in life & spirit will keep you unsuccessful to everything.
In order to achieve big goals, you must have to shift your belief that taking the pain is indeed good to making progress.
Cheers
Hi, welcome here.
I have an aversion to pain myself. Had enough.
And so far so good....very good.
I won't be shifting my belief.
But if it works for you, great.

(Building muscles, tho, there is a little pain involved.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-11-2020, 03:21 PM
Master
Hello ScientificExplorer!

Perhaps you may like to contemplate on these lines ...

Consciousness contraction arises from what thoughts, words and deeds?

Consciousness expansion is a result of which emotions or state of being?

Taking expansion as enabling and contraction as disabling or limiting, inquire within! Or on the other hand, save yourself the trouble and go with the resonation of all embracing, unconditional love.

Having said this, it is a very positive sign that we begin to look within and discern differences between the eternal and ephemeral, between mind body attention externalised vs internalised states, between the aspect of thought which biscects or fragments by analysis or let us say grasps vs that aspect, which relinquishes doership and simply connects with universal consciousness ... yes ... contemplation along these lines helps, in my view.
Old 23-11-2020, 05:49 PM
Master

Quote:

You can re-arrange your mind to be grateful of what you currently hare and find happiness with it.

By aiming at a big goal to achieve, you will have to be breakout from fear, anxiety, doubts, boredom and all forms of pain - Most people (since they believe being happy is the goal of life), when they start to feel some pain in order to achieve a big goal. They stop doing it.

This aversion to pain in order achieve big goals in life & spirit will keep you unsuccesful to everything.

In order to achive big goals, you must have to shift your belief that taking the pain is indeed good to making progress.

Cheers

One should explore the difference between happiness and joy. It seems almost by definition that happiness is dependent on things happening...which we cannot always control. Joy is much different.
Old 23-11-2020, 08:11 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Having a consistent new Big goals to achieve, is what makes life an exciting adventure to live.

Without big new goals, you will be bored & depressive because nothing changes in your life and you're stuck doing the same repetitive thing forever.

In order to achieve new big goals embracing and winning over fear, anxiety and procreastination must be perceived as something good, because it means growth.

For sure, you always going to have pain if you have a new big goal to achieve. So, THE TRICK IS TO PERCEIVE PAIN in a good & exciting way! So then,you will be able to do anything you set your mind to. Knowing & Accepting before taking the challenge that you will have to face new fears & new resistances. Instead of believing a fantasy, that things will come you way without taking any pain at all.

Most people, on the very 1st sign of resitance, challenge, pain they fold up & quit - So then, they get depressed & stuck forever in a boring life. What is worse, they will demonize some external entity as the primary cause of their life problems instead of being honest with themselves.

I can completely separate my self from my physical body, and make that body to take the action and embrace the pain dead on the eyes.

That's how you bring spirit & soul into your life. Always going into new big & scary goals, and facing fears like a hero.

If the majority of people are unsuccessful... Don't you think it makes logical sense to perceive reality & life different than them?

Last edited by ScientificExplorer : 23-11-2020 at 10:09 PM.
Old 29-12-2020, 10:30 PM
Seeker

subjective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, welcome here.
I have an aversion to pain myself. Had enough.
And so far so good....very good.
I won't be shifting my belief.
But if it works for you, great.

(Building muscles, tho, there is a little pain involved.)

I guess it's subjective, some people grow without requiring the stimulus of pain and some have simply had a lot of pain and don't need anymore.
Old 29-12-2020, 10:39 PM
Master

Quote:

Cheers
Pain isn't a requirement; it is a feedback to one's mistakes, mostly caused by their limiting beliefs. I disagree with slogans like
no pain, no gain
I disagree too with
ignorance is bliss.
I actually consider
bliss is ignorance
to be more accurate.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-12-2020, 04:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Having a consistent new Big goals to achieve, is what makes life an exciting adventure to live.

Without big new goals, you will be bored & depressive because nothing changes in your life and you're stuck doing the same repetitive thing forever.
Not everyone is bored with life as it has so much to explore and do in it and appreciate it having new feelings and experiences and appreciation of it. My goal may not be the goal another wants. If I am 100 years old, then yeah I might be bored having done a lot, but being bored when young, interesting.

Quote:
In order to achieve new big goals embracing and winning over fear, anxiety and procreastination must be perceived as something good, because it means growth.
Quote:

For sure, you always going to have pain if you have a new big goal to achieve. So, THE TRICK IS TO PERCEIVE PAIN in a good & exciting way! So then,you will be able to do anything you set your mind to. Knowing & Accepting before taking the challenge that you will have to face new fears & new resistances. Instead of believing a fantasy, that things will come you way without taking any pain at all.

Most people, on the very 1st sign of resitance, challenge, pain they fold up & quit - So then, they get depressed & stuck forever in a boring life. What is worse, they will demonize some external entity as the primary cause of their life problems instead of being honest with themselves.

I can completely separate my self from my physical body, and make that body to take the action and embrace the pain dead on the eyes.

That's how you bring spirit & soul into your life. Always going into new big & scary goals, and facing fears like a hero.

If the majority of people are unsuccessful... Don't you think it makes logical sense to perceive reality & life different than them?
Again what you want as a goal is not the goal I want and reaching that goal and I to want to be successful though it is measured differently. I may even have thought about the goal thought of. Keep in mind resistance can be synchronistic, a voice it is not the goal really wanted. What is being talked about in context is we create our own reality, success and nonsuccess.Two perspectives?
Old 03-01-2021, 03:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Very much agreed. It is easier to engage in avoidant behaviors especially when something feels unpleasant or uncomfortable.

I like your point of view regarding happiness.