Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-02-2022, 08:42 AM
Master

I thought I would praise Gene Hart. I was listening to his video on Astral Doorway. The video is called A very powerful astral projection. It is worthwhile listening to. I thought it was great and very helpful. I am looking forward practicing it. Let me know what you think of the video.
Old 27-02-2022, 06:45 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I thought I would praise Gene Hart. I was listening to his video on Astral Doorway. The video is called A very powerful astral projection. It is worthwhile listening to. I thought it was great and very helpful. I am looking forward practicing it. Let me know what you think of the video.

Thank you astralsuzy! I'm glad it was helpful 🙏
Old 28-02-2022, 02:44 AM
Pathfinder
I have read about Astral Projection but have yet to succeed to exit consciously whilst remembering it.

I kind of think every individual's ability to do it differs. I think my ability to consciously astral project will happen once I am ready and have found my own way to do so.

Tried the rope technique - after a while, I was beginning to wonder if even spiritually one can get tired from relentlessly pulling on an imaginary rope and not go anywhere.

At one (and only one) point, I actually felt myself like...slide out of the body? And then it was whaaam back in again and I was mentally going "Damn it."

I did have one particular experience many years ago where I felt like my very consciousness was being sucked out of my body. There was this feeling like a strong wind was blowing me out, that's the only way I can describe it. It was very weird and definitely not a fuzzy warm happy feeling kind of experience.

My only conscious thought at that time was that something was taking me out...and I refused to go. So I literally clung on with both arms to anchor myself to my body. I literally felt one arm let go and clung on for my dear life with my remaining arm.

And then I woke up, thinking whoaaa that was one bizarre dream. I went out, got a drink of water...felt a bit odd and then tried to sleep. And I swear, the moment I closed my eyes, I could feel that so called 'wind' gathering to push my consciousness out again.

Suffice to say that night, I almost did not sleep, laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, my eyes as wide as saucers with my blanket pulled up, wondering if that was a dream or something absolutely terrifying was happening.

I don't know if that could be considered an astral projection of sorts. It only happened once and the overall thought in my head during that experience was "Don't let go!". Odd, really. Are there instances of involuntary astral projection like this that any of you have heard of?
Old 28-02-2022, 04:05 AM
Master

I have gone out of my body that way. I could feel myself moving out of my body. It is a great experience. You may feel the wind. You may feel yourself travel for a short while then you land in some place. That is what happens to me. If you can let it happen and not be afraid it is wonderful. I would say it is ap.
Old 28-02-2022, 04:45 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
I have gone out of my body that way. I could feel myself moving out of my body. It is a great experience. You may feel the wind. You may feel yourself travel for a short while then you land in some place. That is what happens to me. If you can let it happen and not be afraid it is wonderful. I would say it is ap.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Well its comforting to know that perhaps what I experienced may not have been something bad, probably I feared it because I had no idea what it was. I never could figure out though why there was the echoing thought of something telling me not to let go...could have been my thoughts acting up in a moment of self preservation
Old 28-02-2022, 04:52 AM
Master

It sounds like you were afraid so that is why a thought kept telling you not to let go.
Old 28-02-2022, 07:25 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
It sounds like you were afraid so that is why a thought kept telling you not to let go.

Gosh I think so. That happened like when I was in my teens, I knew nothing about astral travelling or signs of impending astral travel back then. I guess that wind sensation scared the living daylights out of me.

I think if it had happened now, I'd be like "wheeee let go let go, let's go see what's out there!"

Alas * hangs head * I have been trying to astral travel these days but even trying to lift my little toe out of this physical body (and being conscious of it) has not been that easy.

I shall keep trying. I'm absolutely determined to at least experience it once. Heck, I even attempted to negotiate with my spirit guide and go "Dude, I don't suppose you could like yank me out?" ...obviously that did not seem like a good idea
Old 28-02-2022, 10:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbz
Alas * hangs head * I have been trying to astral travel these days but even trying to lift my little toe out of this physical body (and being conscious of it) has not been that easy.
This is my opinion anyone can ap provided you have the patience, not tired and not fall asleep. A lot of times we try to ap and it does not happen. We give up then try again and it becomes a cycle night after night of not succeeding. A high chance of ap to happen is, when ap does not happen, you have a break for a while then try again. You have a very high chance of succeeding that way. If it does not happen you keep trying until it does.

When you do an ap technique and if it does not work it is a good idea to meditate for a while then try again. Meditation helps to calm the mind and relax the body.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:21 AM
Pathfinder
I also checked out Gene Hart's YouTube videos, there is a lot of good information there!

I think, like you said, fear of astral projection may be one of the reason why I've not been able to get much progress in it so far.

I read some time back about this person who tried it but the moment he exited the body, this other entity was right by his bed side and it cheekily went "Boo!" and scared him so much he was sucked back into his body, waking up with his heart racing.

That particular scenario stuck to me in the head for a bit and now that I think about it, every time I try to attempt astral projection, I did have this nagging thought that "Gosh...what if I pop out and see some strange entity near me. I don't even know astral projection enough to throw a virtual shoe at an unwelcomed entity!"

Gene had this very good video in his YouTube channel about some of the experiences he had which were not that pleasant and how he went about dealing with them (calling in your guides for help, reciting a mantra for protection etc.) I'm going to watch more of those videos first , it'll help give me a better idea what to expect, what not to expect, etc.

And then, like you said astralsuzy, I shall persistently try again. I'm just gonna put on my virtual crash helmet and have another go. And keep trying until I reach some semblance of success
Old 01-03-2022, 04:28 AM
Master

When we ap or in the astral it is very easy to get dream things that can happen. The author William Buhlman always says the first thing he does when he is out of his body is to say awareness now and he will keep repeating it until his awareness is just like he is in the physical. That will help to get rid of things that is not real. It is a good idea to feel the walls etc and look at what you are wearing to get awareness. I remember when I was out of my body and I wanted to see this particular person so I visited him. It was a long time ago. When I was looking at him I could not understand why his face was distorted. The next day I realised that it came from my mind. I was watching a TV show that looked exactly like the distorted face. I thought I had forgotten about it but it must have been on the back of my mind.
We have to be careful of our thoughts. I remember another time I was out of my body and there was a crowd of people. I thought I am glad those people are all the way over there and not here. As soon as I thought that the crowd of people came rushing towards me.