Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 01-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Experiencer

Tried to avoid media brainwashing

so In had this dream last night.

I was at my childhood home. There was about 20 people sitting on the couches, having a conversation. It got dark outside instantly, and it was as if people were confused how they ended up at my house, asking questions, asking for answers.

Then the television turned on in the dark house and just a voice come in and said something like "do not be alarmed, put on your glasses, watch the television. Listen to my words, all all will calm down shortly". People all had glasses, kind of like 3d movie glasses. They all put them On and listened. I thought to myself "there is no way I am putting on those glasses!" I wanted to warn everyone that they are making a poor decision, but I realized they would not lusten, and as long as I could save myself, at least I would be okay.

once everyone had their glasses on, and I was sitting with them without wearing my glasses, these words came from the tv: "money does fall from tress, so keep buying, keep spending..." It kept saying more things, but I starting changing to myself to escape the words because I thought that it was brainwashing or hypmotising everyone. I felt that I knew what was being done to them, and I wanted to stay awake and not be hypnotized .

I was chanting "God give me strength, give me power to avoid these words" over and over and over again, speaking over the television. Everyone else were repeating the tv, and I kept repeating my words louder and louder, until a loud thunder came from outside. I am not sure what it meant, but it frightened me so much, I stopped chanting.

I then wondered to myself, that if I avoided the television and it's words, I would be all alone in my reality. I considered giving in to be with my friends.

Then I woke up. It may not seem like a profound dream, but it woke me at 5:00, and it was difficult to stop thinking about it and it took a couple hours to fall back asleep.

Thanks for reading.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:23 AM
Master
i'm reminded of the 1950 movie The Next Voice You Hear, where god
speaks to people through the radio at 8:30 pm for a week. the whole thing is
on youtube, if you're interested in watching it. [it's not a great movie.]

the message delivered ("money does fall from tress, so keep buying, keep
spending") doesn't seem "bad" to me, in fact it sounds like something i've
heard from spiritual channels such as Barbara Marciniak. the idea that
wealth is available freely to those desiring it sounds appealing... it's certainly
preferable to the notion that people must compete with one another in order
to provide themselves with sustenance.
where you were chanting, that has the feeling of 'brainwashing' to it...
perhaps you were 'predisposed' to blocking out the message being
delivered through the tv?
that your guests were directed to wear special glasses for the presentation
suggests that there was a visual component involved (which you'd missed
out on due to skepticism). if you'd have believed the call for calm reassurance,
you may have seen evidence to support it.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Experiencer

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I am trying to hold off on materialism, so that makes sense.

Also, I wasn't really "chanting" per se, I was trying to speak loudly so I wouldn't be affected by what the voice from the tv was saying since it seemed "evil?" to me. It had bad vibes.

It seemed to me that people were waking up to their true reality, and "someone" noticed and was trying to stop it from happening, and I wanted, at first, to stay "awake",

But hey, I wear tin foil hats, so maybe that's just my personality coming through my dreams. One of my favorite movies happens to be "They Live" so....
Old 03-11-2017, 04:27 AM
Master
the glasses in They Live (1988), provided the wearers with 'true sight',
cutting through the 'brainwashing' signals of the aliens.
there's an idea that using some 'technology' is a requirement for many, in order
to access the information provided by friendly alien entities (pleiadians, etc).
in a sense, it may amount to a placebo effect, indicative of intention more
than anything else... perhaps like taking the red pill in the Matrix (1999).
Old 03-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the message delivered ("money does fall from tress, so keep buying, keep
spending") doesn't seem "bad" to me, in fact it sounds like something i've
heard from spiritual channels such as Barbara Marciniak. the idea that
wealth is available freely to those desiring it sounds appealing...

actually we all love 'money' but unfortunately for us it is one of the major glues that binds us to our problems.

things that seem free often have a hidden cost.

For example people who promote ways to get wealthy sometimes also promote how you have to act, who you have to be, to attract wealth. And they also prescribe how you have to relate to wealth once you have it. And if you buy into that contract you pay for the money up front, and for a long time after the fact, through your choice to behave the 'proper' way (according to the particular meme for how to earn and keep the money) at all costs.

Anyway this is kind of what this dream said to me, that it is a wondering about the balance that has been struck between 'money' and the cost of attaining it by comparing two extremes. Trying to work out a resolution maybe? Trying to figure out a path forward?
Old 04-11-2017, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
actually we all love 'money' but unfortunately for us it is one of the major glues that binds us to our problems.

things that seem free often have a hidden cost.

For example people who promote ways to get wealthy sometimes also promote how you have to act, who you have to be, to attract wealth. And they also prescribe how you have to relate to wealth once you have it. And if you buy into that contract you pay for the money up front, and for a long time after the fact, through your choice to behave the 'proper' way (according to the particular meme for how to earn and keep the money) at all costs.

Anyway this is kind of what this dream said to me, that it is a wondering about the balance that has been struck between 'money' and the cost of attaining it by comparing two extremes. Trying to work out a resolution maybe? Trying to figure out a path forward?
"When you have your health, you have everything. When you do not have
your health, nothing else matters at all." ~ Augusten Burroughs

in my opinion, to the extent that money contributes to overall health, it is
beneficial (read: attractive), to the extent that it detracts from health, it is
a detriment. i see zero intrinsic value of money in this respect. money is a
man made commodity; health is not reliant on that commodity.

my sense of things is that people can find happiness by fulfilling their function.
paradoxically, the [designed] function for most people is to simply 'be happy'.