Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 18-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Guide
Quote:
I've never experienced sleep paralysis.
No problem, it's not for everyone, even for the ones who get it. Lol. I've heard people can experience it in mild forms via various means, but it's more of a signpost than the main attraction.

Quote:
I have also had many dreams of many different types that it became clear to me that there are many different types of experiences happening during our sleep state, and the best way to truely understand them is to build the strength of our awareness during those times.
Very cool. I love that approach. I'm interested in the science of it, how to perfect and understand, it's amazing to me, how much there is to learn on just this facet alone. Sometimes I'm a bit haphazard though, and if all else fails, I just focus on strengthening awareness, it certainly makes for interesting experiences.

Quote:
To that end, I have attempted and devised many practices to build that.
I like to learn from other's, I find it really hones my practice. Have you share'd those here? If you haven't do you feel comfortable doing so? Thanks for letting me "pick your brain" I appreciate your input.
Old 18-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Guide
Quote:
I like to learn from other's, I find it really hones my practice. Have you share'd those here? If you haven't do you feel comfortable doing so? Thanks for letting me "pick your brain" I appreciate your input.

I share when I can.....just put a technique in the main dreams forum yesterday
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=97651
Old 19-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Guide
Ha ha, I should check out the other forums now and then. Thanks for the link! Can't wait to read it.
Old 19-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Suspended

I've only experienced sleep paralysis in the hypnopompic stage between sleep and wake. It was in the middle of the night and I opened my eyes I saw a shadow man standing/floating on the right side of my bed hovering over me. Initially I felt terrified because I thought someone had broken into the house until I realized I could see through this entity. Once I started looking at it and feeling it I didn't feel panicked. This shadow man felt as if it wasn't malevolent, but rather curious while looking at me. Then the shadow person dissipated and I was able to move and go right back to sleep.

Shortly after that experience I was talking to the previous owners of my home and they jokingly asked me if I had seen the "lake ghost" yet (my house sits on lakefront property). I was pretty startled by the random comment. What's really odd is the shadow person had facial features of a black man, and when I asked the former owners about what the lake ghost looked like they told me it was a black man who sometimes haunts the houses in the area. I haven't looked too deep into the history behind it to find sources if such a man died in this area, but the coincidences were pretty spooky.
Old 19-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Pathfinder
When my brother started Lucid Dreaming, he'd always tell me his stories of sleep paralysis (as it would occur more often to him when he started to Lucid Dream). I was terrified that it would happen to me! It sounded like a nightmare!

Then about a month ago, I was lying on my back, and all of a sudden the room felt static and there was a ringing in my ears. I knew straight away what was happening because of all my brother's descriptions (thank goodness) so I was prepared. I couldn't move, and I started to panic, I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see the famous "gremlin". I tried to call out for my dog because I knew she was awake and I hoped she would come and wake me up or something. Then I heard little paw steps come into my room, but I still had my eyes shut, and I heard a loud growling (not my dog). So I tried to calm down, and I felt my body float out of my bed and go underneath it so that I could feel the top of my bed above me and the floor below me. The growling was still going, so I tried to imagine myself floating among the stars, then I was back in bed, still couldn't move but the growling had stopped. I opened my eyes quickly and my room was filled with ancient greek statues and floral patterns. It was so odd. Then all at once it stopped, and that was it. I wouldn't have called it a gift at the time but I guess now that I look back on it, it was kind of fun.
Old 21-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Guide
Quote:
the coincidences were pretty spooky
Ikr. I lived in a haunted house once, didn't know it prior to moving in, but turns out it had a reputation, and since it was so active, it was a bit of a side show with curious people stopping by for an "experience." I've had similar experiences with shadow figures too that were SP related(not ghosts or anything), I find it funny how diverse things can be, and for me the amount of possibilities.

@Lightworker888, Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Pathfinder
I've had one episode of sleep paralysis. It terrified me and it was something I never wanted to experience. To this day, I'm still not sure what caused it. My theory is I was just sleeping in a strange position, but I'm not sure how to confirm if that was it.
Old 16-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Newbie ;)

I used to have many negative sleep paralysis dreams, however I'd enter LD and force myself to wake after a while. As an adult, I rarely have the negative ones, however sometimes would feel the need to call out for help, just before entering the LD state. I was told by my partner that I was making weird, nonsensical vocalisations!

Have also had lots of pleasant, fun LD, flying dreams etc.

Also would will myself to have them as a young child, through to teens. Much harder as an adult.
Old 31-08-2022, 04:17 AM
Bambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
I used to have sleep paralysis quite often when I was younger.
I do not think everyone gets this though as many have sleep walked.... (Actually walked around while sleeping)
Old 11-09-2022, 09:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
I do not think everyone gets this though as many have sleep walked.... (Actually walked around while sleeping)

I used to sleep walk but got paralysis also. If the body doesnt chemically paralyse itself but the awareness is active in lower brainwave frequencies then you might be more prone to sleepwalk.