Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-01-2023, 05:37 PM
Master

IMO it is a mistake to talk about ‘good karma’ and ‘bad karma’. Karma is just karma. It is simply the most natural and usual path of progress. Progress is all good. It is the carrot and the stick method. The learning from mistakes. Think of the labyrinth. It leads us very close to the goal and then reverses….taking one further away. But if we persevere and stay the course we reach the goal……
Old 07-01-2023, 07:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
I personally don't believe there's anything wrong with enjoying when they get their's.
And that is adding to your Karma
Old 07-01-2023, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
IMO it is a mistake to talk about ‘good karma’ and ‘bad karma’. Karma is just karma.
Just cause and effect, neither good nor bad....
Old 07-01-2023, 09:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
...Maybe it might just be a waste of your energy to wish bad things on somebody but I personally don't believe there's anything wrong with enjoying when they get their's. I think a lot of it depends on how they treated you. I personally don't recommend revenge but I do think that people eventually reap what they sow.
You say "a lot of it depends on how they treated you." Which suggests that your enjoyment comes from personal feelings of being hurt, and you want to see justice.

But where do you draw the line?

Taking pleasure in someone getting their come-uppance is a very human trait. But surely everyone is reaping what they have sown.

Do you take pleasure in the woman being battered by her partner? I suspect that she too is reaping the consequences of past actions.

Do you take pleasure in the child being abused by his or her family? I suspect that this child is also reaping the consequences of past actions.

Do you take pleasure in the family which loses everything in a forest fire? Maybe they too are reaping the consequences of past actions.

And what about if something unpleasant happens to you? Do you bemoan your fate or do you cheerfully accept that you might be reaping the consequences of your own past actions?

This is not a simple subject, and maybe the best response is compassion and forgiveness.

Peace
Old 07-01-2023, 09:42 PM
Master
whether it be positive karma or negative karma, we reap what we sow, so it's really up to us how karma plays out.

Love all things and leave no room for negativity, this will ensure that positive karma will manifest imo.

utopiandreamchild
Old 07-01-2023, 09:48 PM
Master
No it's not wrong to enjoy/love the unfolding of karma, and imo it should be loved and excepted in a positive light regardless of how it manifests in a individuals experience.

Imo, love is right and hate is wrong so do the right thing and love all things and enjoy the rewards of positive karma.

utopiandreamchild
Old 07-01-2023, 11:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
But after this program, initial worldly physical thought never forget you are to show compassion (spiritual compassion) as all have gone through their own karma (past lives, maybe current lives.) All can point to examples. I have. Is holding on wrong?
People are just where they are and aware. (With potential of course) if you can dig deep into your compassionate self, that’s another level beyond judgement or feeling (whatever one feels towards another’s suffering) as I experience it, but that’s just my awareness and practice. For those in and where they reside in the many interconnected streams of life, it’s all just what is as it is now. There is always more..

In this view of being, if I’m no longer judging, feel compassion for those still enduring and suffering (in all the ways humans suffer) it can only be about my inner reality.

I don’t think compassion views through a right and wrong lens do you? It’s bigger lens than that.

Understanding through the awareness that all life is part of a continuum and potential and choices, change and cycles are part of us too.

I personally don’t wish to seek others to suffer even if I know they hurt and harm. I prefer to understand, discern and live my life through a more compassionate, loving kindness state.

It doesn’t mean I don’t see. It doesn’t mean I don’t feel. It just means I’m no longer holding on in me.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:03 AM
Master
Next time you think individual an must be getting their bad kamma, remember that Jesus was tortured and see if your same standards for kamma apply.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Next time you think individual an must be getting their bad kamma, remembered that Jesus was tortured and see if your same standards for kamma apply.

That’s a great source and experience to reflect through..

Especially, when so many have faith in such beings who suffered at the hands of others, simply because they showed another way to exist..

Our ignorance with regards to suffering requires deeper contemplation to truly understand its potential in all ways of life..
Old 08-01-2023, 06:54 AM
Master

Re Gem

I don’t feel that statement about Jesus is relevant or comparable to what some of us have been saying.

Jesus was tortured for his beliefs/miracles/amount of followers he had etc and NOT for any harm he did to others. So most people wouldn’t feel that sort of “satisfaction”.

I think most of us were thinking about nasty evil people who have purposefully harmed someone and where karma came back to them in this life. (Weren’t we)?