Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-12-2022, 05:36 AM
Master

Thank you all..... I know the soul leaves the body at the time of death . And everything that Starman and Native have said I firmly believe.

The problem and fear I suppose is that my soul will somehow get trapped inside my coffin with me and THAT is where I will have to go through the disposal process , because if it COULD happen to me it will.... Everything seems to go wrong. It's like I'm the "wrong way round".... I once had to take some sleeping pills... They kept me awake all night. I had to get a dog calming device for my dog.... It made him even more anxious ....
Etc etc....
I know that logic tells me everything said is true . But sometimes I'm not very logical. I know I have to stop thinking like this and I need to trust that all will be well. But once it's in there it's in there .
Old 08-12-2022, 07:32 AM
Master
AngelBlue, it sounds to me like you have some work to do on yourself. You may or may not have heard the saying “draw from your past but do not let your past draw from you.” In my opinion you are reacting to faulty conclusions which you have drawn from your past, and as long as you maintain and nurture those faulty conclusions they will grow and take over your life. You are not your mind. Your past does not determine your future; people can change.

Learn how to quiet your mind in meditation, meditation can also help you with anxiety. If you don’t learn how to control your mind your mind will control you. Learn how to live in the moment, and not in the past. It will take some time for you to dissolve the thinking you have nurtured, but if you consistently do inner work you will eventually find inner peace. Pray, ask for guidance. Prayer does work. Search for your own inner light and except no excuses from your mind.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:43 AM
Master

Thank you Starman.
I don't know where all this has come from. I never ever used to be of this mindset.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:25 AM
last~dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The source of our being is within us. There are no mysteries, everything is taking place right in open view all the time. Nothing is hidden from us, we are the ones doing the hiding.
Hi starman, I feel out of purpose because of that loss of mystery..

I agree that the source of everything is within us..
~
I agree that we can have experiences of the afterlife which is where I open my heart for what I love... although ... nothing lasts forever...
hm....

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 08-12-2022 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 08-12-2022, 09:29 AM
last~dance

What I mean with the 'loss of mystery' is what I percieve and experience as the societal frame is tightening, as much as I feel incapable of proceeding (within it)... ... much less being creative.

(Now, maybe this one does not belong in this thread and section.)

I suppose the first rule (for me at least) is just saying ..proceed.......

~
Old 08-12-2022, 11:02 AM
Master
Hi last~dance, I obey the laws of the land but keep the dominance of culture and society over me at a minimum. I have lived in many places, different cultures and societies around the world. I achieved a strong connection with my deeper being and was able to create a lifestyle that is conducive for my spiritual growth.

My focus is more internal then it is external; I protect my spiritual connection, as I am not on this planet to live up to what this world thinks I should do, rather I am on this planet to work on myself and grow beyond this planet. Yes, everything in this world is temporary but my spiritual experience comes from beyond this world and it is not temporary.

I have been doing quiet meditation for more than 40-years, with lots of ups and downs, but my ever increasing relationship with my deeper being has stayed constant. I absolutely understand that while I am in this world I am not of this world, which is a quote from the Christian Bible.

The thing is our mind will tell us all sorts of things but I have distanced myself from my mind, and I choose when I want to listen to my mind and when I want to be totally quiet inside. I do not have to prove anything to anyone, I just have to prove it to myself, which I have many times over.

I worked in the healthcare profession in a number of different jobs. One of those jobs was working in a hospice with people who were dying. This job supported and contributed to my spiritual quest; it added to my spiritual lifestyle. I am still a work in progress.

Plus I also found lots of other like minded people along the way and we have helped each other. I can not allow myself to get caught in the plastic fantastic which society has created, compassion and helping others are part of my spiritual path, it has nothing to do with society or the condition of this world. It is easy to get sucked into this world and society; there are millions of things that can lead us astray but only one thing that can truly fulfill us.

Peace
Old 08-12-2022, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
The problem and fear I suppose is that my soul will somehow get trapped inside my coffin with me
and THAT is where I will have to go through the disposal process ,
That's funny to me - it seems your playful, light spirit would soar after you pass.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-12-2022, 11:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That's funny to me - it seems your playful, light spirit would soar after you pass.
LOL...and yes , it really does sound bonkers I know . It's true what Starman said though and I never felt a thing when they aniethetised me and cut my thyroid out !!!
So do you think they can can give me a couple of doses of that before cremation just in case ?
LOL.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:52 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal M.
I actually ask., if you.. tried to imagine.. or ever went through a phase where you fantasized about death?
And if yes, what did you find out? What went through your mind when you pictured what'd happen after?
Oh yes, at the age of 80 (as I am), I have thought about death and often think about it.
IMHO, I have found all about it, a machine that stops working and degenrates.
Perspective: Missing opportunities.
Freedom: A person has to exist to experience freedom. After death my individuality will no more be there. So no question of any freedom or slavery. Holding on, letting go, insights, finish with death.
Filled with: Inevitability, no one escapes it. What is the use of frustration or regret?
What will close and what will open?: My chapter will close and a new chapter will begin when my 2 x 10 ^ 25 molecules (99% of water) will disperse in the environment and join millions of other living and non-living entities.
What after the dark portal: Nothing, since I will not exist.
What I feel: Inevitability without any rancour.
Use of life: As Krishna said, ‘Fulfill your dharma (duties)’. I have tried to do that and am still doing that.
“sva-dharmam api chāvekshya, na vikampitum arhasi”
(Considering your duties you do not ever need to hesitate – meaning ‘just do it’)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 08-12-2022 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 08-12-2022, 11:19 PM
Master
What is life, what does it mean to be alive? The only reference that we have of being alive is our own human life and other life here on Earth. So lots of people say life is being alive here on Earth and death is not being alive here on Earth, I am grateful for my longevity here on Earth because at age-75 it has given me time to explore my deeper existence as a human being.

Ego is what makes us individuals, but one might also say that our physical body makes us individuals as well. So the conclusion is when we lose our physical body we are no longer an individual. An I can attest that if we humble our ego enough we can have an experience of one-ness, or what some may call “cosmic consciousness.”

In my opinion the human body is like the surface of and iceberg, which has most of itself underwater than it has on the surface. I embrace that most of what we are is not physical. The physical part of us is what is on the surface; to experience our greater nature I feel it is necessary to go below the surface.

If a person allows their consciousness to expand they may experience that we are not in a human body, rather our human body is inside of us, that which we truly are. When your consciousness expands beyond your human body you find your human body inside of your consciousness, actually you may find all manifestations inside of your own consciousness. This is my experience. At the time of physical death all we do is drop our body and move on.

It is only if I identify my physical body as my only self, or perceive it as myself being dead, then human death is the end for me. But if I perceive myself as much more than my physical body, then the death of my physical body is not the death of me. If you believe in reincarnation, as I do, then there is an understanding that we have done this dance of birth and death more times then we may currently realize.

I am a center of expression, that’s all we do is express ourselves, in thought, in words, and in behavior. Our human body, if healthy, allows us to express ourselves. In Jewish mysticism, the Kabbalah, etc., it is taught that the center of infinity is everywhere and we are those centers. Infinity has no one center because to find the center of something you first have to know its borders, and infinity has no borders, neither do we beyond our individual body.

Okay, break time from posting.