Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Pathfinder
Fish Have you ever imagined your own Death?

Ok, first - Disclaimer:
This is by no means a post about promoting suicide by any means, I'm not suicidal and I don't even permit it. To anyone. There's always hope.

So now that this is behind us,

I actually ask., if you.. tried to imagine.. or ever went through a phase where you fantasized about death?

And if yes, what did you find out? What went through your mind when you pictured what'd happen after?
What would be your perspective, over your life when you look back, or the afterlife, as a soul?
"Were" you filled with freedom? and of insights, of things to let go of, and things to hold onto, that you can affirm out of the observation, right now?
Were you filled with frustration and regret?
Did it open you up to new possibilities, or closed you down?
You can contemplate on it right now.
What is after that dark portal, so to speak, in your exprience? Forget what you know, what you learned, what... do you experience - in your feeling, sensory body language of intelligence, when you dive deep into the concept?

This is by a random happenstance I once heard, a process by a spiritual leader, for observation of new insights to use for life. But... now, it's not about her,
It's... my own desire to.. open this up, for you guys, and by you guys. Let's stop making it taboo. It is my desire that the light of our consciousness will be shined on everything inside us, including our darkness. That is the whole point of spiritual development, isn't it?
So.. I'd like to hear about your experiences.. and maybe I'll share mine too afterwards
Old 02-12-2022, 12:48 AM
This may make some people think I'm weird.

So, I pass thru whatever tunnel getting somewhere normal ...see my short
Life Review, (why short? cuz I'm pretty darn aware
of hurtfuls things I've done and the good things...wont be a lot of pointing out new things i need to see! Lol)
Someone like a Jesus smiles and greets me and I cry my eyes out at the awesome love...
and then ask, "Ok, can we see our Dad now?"

Forgot, some where along the way there are past friends and family that hug me and are smiling..and my pets....
after all that reunion fuss...Again...ok...
"Can we go see Dad now?"

Later....I picture, with many things there to do...I am interested in sitting in silence drinking in God's Love
and "vibration" and harmonies everywhere, (similar to what I do here), but, more intense than here....
similar to basking in the Sun at the beach....being disturbed ocassionally
by "helpers" that want me to do other things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-12-2022, 02:05 AM
Administrator
Hello

I often wonder how I will head out in life. As one ages (now 60) you start to wonder on that aspect of things.

I have had a Near Death Event so I understand what it is like to lay lifeless and look down at your body. To be in that place of not here and not there just in suspension. For me it was a lesson event that I had where I met with someone about the path of life I was on. OK some say it was God and a panel of advisors. I have no clue on that one.

I know from how I came into this life not wanting to be here, that we all have a plan laid out for us it would seem. Our Soul has a path to complete and we are along for that ride.

I see me going out without being able to breath from a common cold.

Lynn
Old 02-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Master

Regarding suicide.

I have read that there is some sort of huge tapestry that is about life and we are all a thread in that and it’s in continual motion pulsating with life. When a suicide occurs, it disturbs the flow of this tapestry, something like a loose or dropped thread, which in turn disturbs the lives of others.

So apparently the person that committed suicide has to come back again and re live all the same problems all over again and try and get it right, with a normal death.

I’ve also read that the minute they cross over they are so upset and regret what they have done.

Ide love to hear others comments on this tapestry thing cos I don’t think I have explained it very well cos it was a long time ago that I read about.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:59 PM
Administrator
The huge tapestry of life and we are all threads in it is Native American way of looking at it,
Not everyone that commits suicide has to come back. People commit suicide for Various reasons, and as we don't walk in that persons shoes we can not say why.
All I can say on that a medium I have had people come through to me who passed through suicide. yes they are sorry for the pain they caused , but they are finding peace,

Namaste
Old 02-12-2022, 03:26 PM
Administrator
Hello

I agree with Native spirit that is the hardest of readings that a Medium has to do when a family member wants to know that all important "why" did they do it often that is not something anyone even the person gone knows.

I do know that its not a Sin like we are at times taught or told it is maybe a life experience that the Soul needs to have to evolve.

Lynn
Old 02-12-2022, 06:13 PM
Master

As a teenager I used to find the prospect of death exciting. This was not because I was suicidal in any way, but because for me death was the big mystery of life. I knew that whatever else I may or may not do in my life, one day my body would die and I would find out what happens afterwards.

Now, some decades later and having read many books on the subject, I still find the prospect of death exciting. Death is the release of Consciousness from the limitations of the physical body. If the literature is correct then I have a certain idea what to expect, although I am aware that the reality could be very different.

So I don't really want a big reunion reception committee making a fuss over my arrival. I would rather quietly go wherever I am meant to go and then I can reconnect with family and friends in my own time. But my personal preferences may not count for much.

I would like to get the life review over with soon after arrival. And as Miss H. says, it would be nice if it was short, because I am reasonably aware of the things I have done. But no doubt I will see opportunities I have wasted, decisions which could have been better, hurtful things I may have said or done without thinking. And perhaps I may also be pleasantly surprised at whatever small kindnesses I have done which I have long forgotten. And while I have not lived an impeccable life, I think I can fairly say that it has been a life of steady spiritual progress. So the life review may be difficult but there should be some positives.

And I imagine that the astral planes offer all sorts of interesting attractions, especially for someone who loves books and has an interest in human history. It may be difficult to resist the temptations to explore these areas.

But my fantasy about death really just involves leaving the body and entering a state of deep meditation, free from physical limitations, resting in a centre of stillness. And then seeing what unfolds. And maybe the Soul, having experienced physical death so often, will simply carry on with its own work on its own plane, physical death being of little significance.

Peace
Old 03-12-2022, 06:28 AM
Master

Thanks Native Spirit. I didn’t know that the tapestry was a Native American belief. I wonder where I found out about that? All I know is that at the time of finding out about it, I remember feeling that it just made sense.

My friend has a boyfriend who is Lakota and he came over here for a long holiday. Lovely guy. Maybe it was him who told me.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:58 AM
Master

i thought about it, but, there is nowhere I could go that would be any better than where I am. I could maybe convince myself that there was a place like that, but, eventually that becomes hollow and I'd rather not even start.

Besides the reason it is taboo is because certain people have learned that they truly can use their own death in trade for things they want, and willingly do so and I don't wish to be on that bandwagon or associate with that sort of person.

Better to listen to god for a change than go running around trying to get things for myself some more, I think... even if it isn't the beautiful life everyone else seems to have... sigh...
Old 03-12-2022, 06:48 PM
I also agree with what Native said.

iamthat - ya want a short Life Review? Ha! :)

Review it now, my friend - feel regret for all those you have hurt...bigtime.
Talk to God, that you have learned your lesson and will never do that again!
Sincerity is the key.

Forgive yourself - and others ...meaning understand the reason for your mistakes and how it was all they/we knew to do at the time.
Say, it was an outburst of anger at that innocent driver that made a mistake or your teenage sibling that broke your ''whatever ''.
Forgive and understand as if you were your own and their own mom.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru