Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-11-2022, 06:31 AM
Knower
tendencies, memories and reincarnation

As we all know, for most of us, our past life memories are not available in the present life. We may have intimations of certain events in the form of symbols in dreams, but the whole of our past life is beyond recall. But, we do not start life from scratch in every new life. When we are young, we are naturally attracted to certain things even if no one in the family may be attracted to such things. WE have our own private fears the cause of which is not obvious from our current life events.

In other words, we all have tendencies that have their origin in the past lives but without the memory of subjective events that created those tendencies.

So what exactly are tendencies ? They cannot be just thoughts strengthened through repetition or the like because even if in your next life you speak a different language your tendencies will be just the same. Is there a universal language of the soul that is not exactly verbal or linguistic but in the form of symbols ? And so that is the language that "holds" these tendencies and propagates therm from one life to another ? There must be something that transmits tendencies from one life to another .... what exactly is it ? Have any ideas ? Please share....
Old 27-11-2022, 07:00 AM
asearcher

i think why some do not remember a past life is because it is done with and is either (its ego in that life) so familiar to them they see it as one and the same or so foreign to them that there this clash between their identity in this current reincarnation as compared to the previous one. I for one thought there must have been a terrible mistake done somewhere once I landed in that it could be about a past life as i did not believe back then I was suppose to remember. I never asked or tried to have any past life memories of a past life before but it was simply not done with me, or put it this way I was not done with me. In the bigger picture I think the universe tried to make it all come together what had ended ugly by me being healed from it in this life, closing the book
I have got a lot of pics, sounds etc to make me realize despite me trying to built this wall between who "she" was and who I am was different, we were very similar, same type, "we" even had/have (Aw, confusing!) the same laugh. Down to very small things, details, she and I are alike, doing the same thing. The spirit's personality, could you call it that maybe? I go by essence, that is more the word for me and I am thinking the word for you is tendencies? Also we are human of habits and those are hard to break, maybe that is why it goes with you?
Old 27-11-2022, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurab
There must be something that transmits tendencies from one life to another .... what exactly is it ? Have any ideas ? Please share....
Are tendencies transmitted from one life to another or do they arise at birth and mature as we do....
Old 27-11-2022, 06:19 PM
Master

Quote:
There must be something that transmits tendencies from one life to another .... what exactly is it ? Have any ideas ? Please share....
In Eastern philosophy there is the idea of samskaras, those habitual patterns of previous incarnations which are carried from one incarnation to the next and manifest as personality tendencies.

And in esoteric philosophy there is the idea of the permanent atoms. There is a mental permanent atom, an emotional permanent atom and a physical permanent atom. These are the blueprints for the personality. They determine our mental, emotional and physical nature in each incarnation and they are modified by events during an incarnation.

So whatever tendencies we form in one incarnation are stored in the permanent atoms and become part of the blueprint for the next incarnation. Our physical, emotional and mental bodies are discarded at the end of each incarnation, but these permanent atoms are stored within a more subtle body which survives from one incarnation to the next.

Peace
Old 27-11-2022, 06:22 PM
Quote:
...There must be something that transmits tendencies from one life to another .... what exactly is it ? Have any ideas ? Please share....
Exactly? No.
I just know bad and good " habits" or tendencies are indeed carried over.
I'm one of those weird people that does see past life scenes and
I was shown a past embarrassing tendency in 2 lives....that did carry over;
AND the intense plan for a solution...put in place that I agreed to for this life to grow out of this tendency.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2022, 05:15 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
ISo whatever tendencies we form in one incarnation are stored in the permanent atoms and become part of the blueprint for the next incarnation. Our physical, emotional and mental bodies are discarded at the end of each incarnation, but these permanent atoms are stored within a more subtle body which survives from one incarnation to the next.

I must thank you greatly for this. Can you point me to a book or scripture or body of knowledge where this is discussed at greater length. Thank you!
Old 28-11-2022, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
In Eastern philosophy there is the idea of samskaras, those habitual patterns of previous incarnations which are carried from one incarnation to the next and manifest as personality tendencies.

I see Reincarnation and Incarnation as being different but I do know about 'Samskaras' which is interesting....
Old 28-11-2022, 07:53 AM
Master
Quote:
I must thank you greatly for this. Can you point me to a book or scripture or body of knowledge where this is discussed at greater length. Thank you!

In Buddhism Samskaras refer to mental dispositions which result from past volitions (acts of will) and are causes of future volitions.... You can find many Teachings from The Buddha on this subject.
Old 28-11-2022, 05:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Teachings on the permanent atoms come from Theosophy, in particular the books of Alice Bailey. However these books are not easy reading and the information is scattered throughout various books.

It is difficult to find a simple summary online, although I did find the following definition:

Permanent atoms ― The three atoms of matter ― physical, astral and mental ― around which the bodies for a new incarnation are formed. They retain the vibratory rate of the individual at the moment of death, guaranteeing that the energetic evolutionary status thus far achieved will be carried over into successive lives.

Note that these permanent atoms are not like the atoms of chemistry but rather they are focal points of energy. And the above definition describes them as the three atoms of matter, but in the esoteric tradition the term matter or form includes the mental and astral planes which provide the mental and astral substance to create our mental and astral bodies.

Peace