Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 29-11-2022, 12:58 PM
Pathfinder

OBE and General Meditation

Hello Everyone!

I've never had a "teacher" about any of these things. I had a friend who used to guide me on things she knew. she was both a witch, a tarot reader, a nurse, a Catholic, a francmason, and a rosecoiser. We hit it off and she did inherit a few things but my mother was reluctant about all these things because the Catholic Church doesnt like them (IMO and experience, they always demonizes whatever does not give them money), so I end up giving them away. I know my friend would not blame me and understood.

She has been long gone and I know she's come to visit me a few times (I can tell because of the incense scent out of nowhere) But her knowledge was somewhat limited. I have read as much as I can from many different authors to get a hold of what I am doing. Some authors seem logical, while others are evidently idiots. (hahaha)

Since about 8 years I stopped doing meditation regularly and OBE. I miss meditating and doing OBEs, but despite grounding myself and not going about looking for trouble, my dogs would seem scared of me as I progressed.

My sister would also start noticing more and more lights floating about and we could feel shadows here and there. So I stopped meditating and doing OBE but I do miss the feel and the experience.

Could maybe someone guide me into what I am doing wrong? During these years I reached out to a teacher who is very kind, and she told me that I should remove all jewelry... I would often wear a protective stone I made myself or silver jewelry (I do not like gold that much, I degrade it)...

Last edited by PecaS : 29-11-2022 at 03:50 PM.
Old 29-11-2022, 01:34 PM
Master

I suppose there may have been presences around you, drawn to you because of your opening to those things, I know this because I noticed many presences, but my dogs and cats want to be around me all the time, nothing changed, I love them and they me :))

Meditation is slow (or fast ) process of expanding one's awareness, even to the point of being able to have out of body experiences. The simple focus on breath is very powerful for getting insights, visions, messages and short out of body experiences.

I do not think there are known teachings of how to do it, you just experiment with things, wake up early in the morning, meditate for few minutes and go back to sleep but lay on your back with arms and legs stretched and head pointing upwards. I've done this for hundreds of times.

When you meditate you can meditate with the intent to have an OBE, just leave this intent in the back of your mind and meditate and it may happen for you that in the very same night or that in the following days you may have an OBE.

When you meditate you can create a double image of yourself, basically you start playing with the location and time, in your mind, for example, you can make your position to be the ceiling and the ceiling, the floor, play with this sense, spinning your position in space seem to be more powerful. You imagine yourself spinning and after a while you will feel like expanding and the experience of floating out of your body may happen.
Old 29-11-2022, 02:30 PM
Post 1

Quote:
....because the Catholic Church always demonizes whatever does not give them money...
That made me laugh. What a statement!
Reminder we don't mock or put dowm religions...there are many Catholics here, for the future.
Like , be more vague and say, imo or I believe before you say such things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-11-2022, 03:51 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That made me laugh. What a statement!
Reminder we don't mock or put dowm religions...there are many Catholics here, for the future.
Like , be more vague and say, imo or I believe before you say such things.
hahahaha I am a rebellious Catholic myself. I have a friend who is a priest who gave me the perfect nickname: Heretic. HAHAHAHA
Old 29-11-2022, 03:54 PM
Master

Oh PecaS I had to laugh cos I think the same thing!!!!!!!

I’m also a heretic LOL
Old 29-11-2022, 03:56 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I suppose there may have been presences around you, drawn to you because of your opening to those things, I know this because I noticed many presences, but my dogs and cats want to be around me all the time, nothing changed, I love them and they me :))

Meditation is slow (or fast ) process of expanding one's awareness, even to the point of being able to have out of body experiences. The simple focus on breath is very powerful for getting insights, visions, messages and short out of body experiences.

Thank you! Do you know what could possibly go wrong if instead of laying on my back I lay on my side? besides falling asleep tho. Is it because there is like an untold or un-written rule?

What about jewelry?
Old 29-11-2022, 04:00 PM
Master

Yes I believe you can also meditate on your side. I do.

I also meditate stand in queues and waiting for an appointment!
Old 29-11-2022, 04:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaS
Thank you! Do you know what could possibly go wrong if instead of laying on my back I lay on my side? besides falling asleep tho. Is it because there is like an untold or un-written rule? What about jewelry?
No, not really, but for some reason, unknown to me, maybe it's just me, 99% of my out of body experiences have been from that pose, so I almost always come back from an OBE and I find my body like that, laying on the back, arms and legs stretched, head pointing upwards.

Yes, you can fall asleep faster like that and your side my start hurting you of too much pressure, gravity doing its work. Of course, you can change your pose and continue meditating but maybe you want a continuous meditation.

Jewelry? Don't know about this, I think whatever you wear, wherever you sleep and how you sleep, nothing of this can ever do something to your meditation, because this is just noise ( mental contents ) and you can let it come and let it go.

After a while you will be meditating even when awake and active, it becomes the default.

The idea is to really want this to happen, some have it easier, it's in their nature, I've read about a person who can OBE at any time, day or night, that's rare.
Old 29-11-2022, 05:23 PM
Rem, only 3 sentences when quoting others.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru