Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-01-2023, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mora321
Of course I could be wrong.
You caught on fast Mora, ie, you can say most anything here
if it's followed by a sentence like that!!
Thank you for making my job easier.
And zorkchop also...thank you for your, ''There are beliefs that..." and the like.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-01-2023, 01:18 AM
Master

Molearner …

Wonderful stuff. Semantics cloud so many understandings. Trust … faith … hope … belief … knowing … focus … AAccKK. But discernment … now *that* seems to apply amongst all of them … and more. I have a few posts dealing with focus … I’ll have to see if I can dig them out. Nice touch, Molearner. Thanks.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Mora …

Yes … there are lots of traditional teachings to wade through … many still useable and viable. Looks like you offered another one. Right or wrong … it might be worth a test for some. Thanks.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

I still have a thing or two or a hundred to learn.

On we go.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 26-01-2023, 02:19 PM
Master

1-26-23 …

Some sets of perceptive guidelines support …

Walls are our self-imposed boundaries … our limitations. They obscure our vision.

Listen to what you are constantly telling yourself within your daily affairs and you will uncover the slant towards these automatic viewpoints. We cannot escape them without applied effort to change / revise them.

Most everyone uses mind … to interact with the world around them … and rightfully so … since these Lower Psychic Worlds are made via the Universal Mind. This is what makes the discovery of just what Soul is … and is not … so difficult … because it is wholly outside or beyond the world(s) we live in daily.

As stated elsewhere many times … Soul is not mind … and mind is not Soul.

Divine Spirit ( generic term ) and the Core Creator God ( generic term ) are always trying to draw each of us into the greater polarity of Life … the positive pole … for lack of a better word … out and beyond the negative pole of the Lower Psychic Worlds. We resist … and our resistance are the walls behind which we hide … or defend. Mind … part of and controlled by the Universal Mind … always claims the its ways are superior … and in the Lower Psychic Worlds it tends to be just that.

Viewpoints such as these are not for those who willingly wish to stay with and within these Lower Psychic Worlds. This is a beyond-fabulous playground for the senses … body … mind … and emotions. The experiences within these worlds delight the senses … bringing resulting pleasures … along with maddening distress. Balance brings relief via the middle path.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 27-01-2023, 02:07 PM
Master

1-27-23 …

There are beliefs that encompass …

What you read is different from what you focus on. You may read a little bit of this or that … but by doing so you rarely focus on anything to any real depth … to make it live within you.

Food that you eat must get into the body by eating it … a simple act for most … but the greater benefit comes through assimilation by the body. It is the same with reading verses focusing on what you read and letting it *live* within you.

So much of todays actions involve a quick visit … and then moving on … from deliveries to texts to email … etc. Fewer and fewer are getting involved. Or if … when doing physical exercises … these quick actions are akin to doing 2 pushups and then 2 crunches and then 2 pull-ups and then 2 sit-ups … etc. There’s no real exercise focused on any body part. Later you wonder why you are not building muscle.

You have to get IN-volved with what you believe to be of benefit … and this is incredibly lacking today. Focus … is a main effort here.

There are big differences among the approaches of looking … reading … and focus … and certainly learning.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 27-01-2023, 06:57 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
[b]1-27-23 …
You have to get IN-volved with what you believe to be of benefit … and this is incredibly lacking today. Focus … is a main effort here.
There are big differences among the approaches of looking … reading … and focus … and certainly learning.
So true, zorkchop.
Then also with all of today's distractions it is hard to spend time truly getting to know one's own feelings, emotions, thoughts, and reactions etc,etc.
To truly know yourself and to sort all these things out and to really examine one own-self...So you can discard habits that no longer serve and create new hopefully more beneficial energetic activities that line toward healthy growth of Mind-Body-Spirit..
Our energy has to continue, so we should learn efficient and beneficial practices in Life.PEACE

Last edited by eezi-ulgen : 27-01-2023 at 08:37 PM.
Old 28-01-2023, 12:15 AM
Master

eezi-ulgen …

I strongly agree. There always seems to be “stuff” that gets in the way. Fortunately much of revision work takes only minutes … which admittedly … is still hard to come by … nut it sometime is easier to slip in 5-minute intervals three times a day rather than 15 to 30 minutes once a day. Revision can be done on the fly … once you get use to it.

What you say above is one of the main reasons why the outer / objective world is designed as it is … to keep you focused there. It’s a battle.

Nice post.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 28-01-2023, 12:59 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Mora … .. Right or wrong … it might be worth a test for some. Thanks.
...-
My own view is that every belief can provide hypotheses for me to test.

Thus: observation/belief, hypothesis, experiment, peer review.
Old 28-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Master

Mora321 …

That is a superb way to look at daily life. It was told to me long ago that life can be summarized as observation and response … I personally slid in “application” as a follow to response … and you’ve defined your own “workflow” around the same premise. It all comes down to what happens to us … and what we do with it.

A helpful post to all. Thanks.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

1-28-23 …

Some ageless teachings maintain …

In order to find Truth … you have to find where Truth is.

The higher the truth that one wishes to discover … the more effort is involved in finding out just where it “is.” This plays into “it is not hidden … but it is hard to find.” Greater Truth is not placed where even the vast majority of “seekers” can find it.

If the Master is on the moon … you have to go up to the moon to find Him … He will not be coming down to find you. The same holds true for finding more and more advanced sets of teachings.

Yes … there are “tradition masters” that may be more easily found … or those who profess mastership of the Lower Psychic Worlds … but the closer these entities come to actual Truth … even they must earn the right to advanced beyond where they currently are. It is an obvious part of the “sorting out” process … even at that rather lofty level.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 28-01-2023, 09:34 PM
Knower

Quote:
...In order to find Truth … you have to find where Truth is...
From what I remember of philosophy, "truth" is a reification.

Thus the quality of being true to a principle/person/belief/context is turned into an absolute, independent of time and context.

For myself I like to see what/who is true to what/whom
Old 29-01-2023, 03:01 PM
Master

1-29-23 …

There are viable principles that suggest …

Attachment is an often-used concept … rightfully so … and in a larger context the word means ties of affection or attraction … and these can include attraction to ideas … dreams … lower self consciousness which ties one to the material worlds and physical body … and desires / connections to ongoing family members and belongings. These form karmic implications and bring individuals back into the Lower Psychic Worlds time and time again.

Dislike is attachment turned upside down.

Both like and dislike have a fastening effect.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -