Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 11-09-2022, 08:14 PM
Seeker

Went to a spiritualist church today and don't know what to think

Hi everyone,

So I'm new to all this mediumship and spiritualism and I'm going through a tough time in life and really want to believe it is real but I went to a spiritualist church today for a service where they did a bit of mediumship for the last half hour where they pretty much went to everyone in the room so nobody was left out. This is the first experience of seeing a medium so I didn't know what to expect but from reading on here they should identify the person in the spirit world to prove to you it exists and I just don't feel this happened with any of the readings they did for everyone in the room. They did hit on things but they were things that could have applied to anyone really

There were two mediums, for some reason one medium got reading from people just on the left side of the room and the other medium only got readings from people on the right of the room, like they planned it that way. I found that strange

Their readings were very vague especially the guest speaker. They didn't really hit on anything very specific with anyone and said things that could have been applied to anyone, like going on holiday, do you know a jack, a tom, do you know anyone going on a train. He'd talk to himself as though someone was speaking to him and then he'd say things like "This person, I don't know who it is, but they say you're going to be alright" or "this person is telling me you'll be ok" this was 90% of what he said, Nothing that was really proof of life in the spirit world.

I came away a bit upset as I really want to believe in spirits and mediumship but I don't know what to think now.

Does what I've described sound like a genuine medium session to you guys?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2022, 09:02 AM
Seeker

I hope I haven't offended anyone with what I said in this post. I am truly sorry if I have. I am genuinely wanting to believe, that's why I went to the church, which was a massive thing for me to do as I suffer with anxiety.

I have read stories on here where people have had undeniable proof from a mediums with information nobody could have known that was given from the spirit world. I guess I was hoping for that so was a bit upset when it didn't happen.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:49 AM
Guide

Keep the faith bobbster,It wasn't until my second visit till I received that long-awaited message.: smile:
Old 12-09-2022, 10:12 AM
Seeker

Thank you hazada guess. I really appreciate your reply and that is really good to know. I will keep going and hope I get what I need.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:16 AM
Might sound dumb, but have you read James Van Praagh's first book?
I mean if you want to believe, that is. Could help.
Nice guy, too. "Talking to Heaven"
(A friend went to him in California before he got super famous.)
Btw, I can see why you felt the way you did at that church...the vagueness.
How about one on one - if you are looking for a certain message?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-09-2022, 10:28 AM
Seeker

Thank you for the reply Miss Hepburn. And thank you for the book recommendation. I will admit I'm not much of a reader and have never read that book but I have just searched on Amazon prime video and there is a 2 part film so I'm going to watch that on there :) I hope that is as good as the book. thank you again.

That is really good to know you understand about the vagueness at the church, it makes me feel a lot better, thank you.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:37 AM
Administrator
Spiritualist churches can feel like that if you don't know what to expect
A medium should give validation , to the person they are drawn to . it is unusual for a medium to give readings to one side and not the other.
Some spiritualist churches I found were to stuffy for me,
I didn't like their teachings anyway so I left,
I went to a Healing sanctuary it was like a Breath of fresh air after the spiritualist church.

A medium should always give you validation that the person they are speaking to is known to you

Namaste
Old 12-09-2022, 11:00 AM
Seeker

Thank you for the reply native spirit. Yes this is exactly what I thought from reading on this forum, that the medium should give validation that the person is known to me and I just didn't get that so I was a bit upset when it didn't happen.

He gave me a reading as he did with everyone else but he missed on everything so he then moved on quickly.

I would rather him have not given me a reading tbh as it upset me that someone I loved close to me didn't come through instead of the random name he said. At least if he hadn't read me I could have assumed it was because all the other spirits were louder so mine couldn't get through.

I understand what you're saying about the church, I feel I did get some looks but maybe because I'm new and maybe my anxiety I was imagining it. I will keep trying there as I do want to learn more and I have 0 knowledge at the moment.

thank you again for your reply:)
Old 12-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbster2020
... but I have just searched on Amazon prime video and there is a 2 part film so I'm going to watch that on there :)
I hope that is as good as the book. thank you again.
What? LOL, there is? Boy, I'm outta the loop. Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-09-2022, 12:17 PM
Master
I'm with Native Spirit - a healing sanctuary sounds good. I started at a healing centre back in the day, which was great.