Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 15-04-2022, 08:56 AM
Experiencer
Black Auras?

During high school a "psychic" who was a bit of a local celebrity came and gave a talk at my school. I'm not sure how that happened, but I expect it had something to do with some girls that had a huge crush on him. I'd never heard of him, but I was very interested in psychic things so I went. After his talk the girls all clustered around him. I followed, wanting to see if I could sense anything if I got closer.

As soon as I came near he freaked out, pointing at me, saying my aura was all black - evil. The girls laughed, but he continued his ranting so I left. I figured he wanted alone time with his groupies. I also figured he was a jerk. How could my aura be all black? How could I be evil? It made no sense to me. I suppose it should've bothered me, but it didn't. Not much anyway. I could certainly understand him wanting to be alone with the girls. Some of them were very cute, and his ego was getting stroked like crazy.

Since then no one's ever said anything about my "black aura". I even asked one guy about it a few years later and he was baffled. My aura was normal.

So does a black aura mean anything? Do auras go black sometimes? Or was this guy just being a jerk?
Old 15-04-2022, 10:18 AM
Master
My sense of this was that his interpretation of the dark colour was off more than anything else. He possibly saw the dark cloud hanging over you, which as I believe means anything from fatigue, low energy, (also was that the cloud of depression looming)? I don’t know what your mental/emotional health was like at that age?

Interpretation is often based upon the one’s own awareness of things.

I recal one time after doing my reiki master level, we had an aura machine of sorts. You put your hand in it and it takes a picture of your aura. I disrupted the energetic connection I think. Lol. The reiki teacher came over and said. “Your energy is so strong, you’ve broken the machine”.. lol. I never got to see mine.. grrrr.
Old 15-04-2022, 06:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
My sense of this was that his interpretation of the dark colour was off more than anything else. He possibly saw the dark cloud hanging over you, which as I believe means anything from fatigue, low energy, (also was that the cloud of depression looming)? I don’t know what your mental/emotional health was like at that age?
The blackness, if things like depression or dark thoughts can cause that, is possible. I was a teenager going through puberty. I had lots of dark, angry, fearful stuff rolling around inside me. This was the early 1970's in the USA, and I was a stranger in a strange world that seemed to be ripping itself apart. Growing older meant being drafted & sent to Vietnam to die in the jungle for no apparent reason. That didn't happen - the draft ended by the time I became eligible - but obviously I didn't know that at the time.

The evil thing though - that I don't get. It was like he thought I was a demon or something. Weird.

Sad you never got a picture of your aura. That would've been interesting, and a nice keepsake.
Old 16-04-2022, 01:24 AM
Master
Addressing 'black auras':

The aura is an energy field. What others mainly see is energy leaking off the edge of the aura into the environment. In this sense a 'black' aura means no energy is leaking off.

If you are dead, then energy levels are too low for most people to notice. Very low energy auras appear a dark grey. This can but does not necessarily mean the person has low energy. Being physically tired or depressed does lower overall energy levels and thus there is less to leak away.

Fancy shielding techniques can keep the energy near the body with little leakage. Its also possible to withdraw the energy from your aura on purpose (most often to avoid vampirism/energy feeding or to be harder to detect).

Large entity (NEG) attachments can suck off enough energy to effectively drain the aura. Note that the 'evil' in such cases is the entity not the person.

Its also possible to alter the vibration rate of the energy in your aura. Most people can only detect a small band of frequencies, so at some point the aura looks black because it can not be seen. Lower vibration rates are in general associated with 'evil'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
During high school a "psychic" who was a bit of a local celebrity came and gave a talk at my school. ... I followed, wanting to see if I could sense anything if I got closer.

As soon as I came near he freaked out, pointing at me, saying my aura was all black - evil. The girls laughed, but he continued his ranting so I left. I figured he wanted alone time with his groupies. I also figured he was a jerk. ...

So does a black aura mean anything? Do auras go black sometimes? Or was this guy just being a jerk?
Many psychics are energy sensitive. You were kind of stalking the celeb and he may have noticed you sensing his energy. He may have interpreted this as a transgression and labeled your unwanted actions as 'evil'.

Most likely you were bothering him rather than had a black aura.
Old 16-04-2022, 02:19 AM
Experiencer
@wstein - Thanks for your explanations. I know very little about auras so what you've said fills in a few gaps. I may be sensitive, but I don't tend to "see" things visually. It's more like I know what they look like. With auras however I'm clueless. I feel what's going on with someone, but I don't interpret that visually.

Honestly, I think he wanted to be alone with the girls. I was quite obviously not a groupie.
Old 16-04-2022, 09:34 AM
Master
Maybe he wasn't truly a jerk since you said he freaked out I do not think it was intentional. But to say something like that to a highschool kid sure labels you as a jerk in that moment and sure says something about him and his abilities.
A black aura occurs more often, usually just as a temporary thing, and does say something about your state of being (well being), but not about your true personality.
In other words, it doesn't mean someone is evil or a bad person. To say that to a high-school kid... that's what I mean when I say he's not a very experienced medium otherwise he would've had a better bedside manner AND he would've come across it before.
Maybe it can be compared to reading photos. 9 out of 10 times I only see sadness, pain, emptiness. But that's not what people need to hear when they want a photo reading. So you shut up about it.

In any case, if you want to read some good info on it, potential reasons for temporarily having a black aura, read this article. It's good, and maybe you recognize certain things you were going through at the time.
As for the rest, I hope you don't let that statement affect you any longer. If it does you may find that EFT (tapping) a few times can help to let that limiting belief go. You can find it on YouTube for free. I can recommend Nick Ortner!

https://www.keen.com/articles/psychi...ra-personality
Old 16-04-2022, 10:17 AM
Experiencer
@FairyCrystal - Thanks for your insights and the article on black auras! Some of the feelings they mentioned were part of my life then, especially keeping things to myself and holding a grudge against the world. I was a bit of a mess in my teenage years. (lol) It's been a journey for me. I was a bit taken aback at the time, but as far as I can tell I'm not still holding onto any feelings from the event.

I'd actually forgotten about this memory, and was reminded about it years ago by one of the "groupie girls" at my 30 year high school reunion. She was highly amused by it, mimicking the way he freaked out, and couldn't stop laughing.
Old 16-04-2022, 12:16 PM
Master
Glad it was helpful!

School reunions can be good things :) Maybe that experience already softened the memory.
I had a elementary school reunion when I was 37-ish. Now I have been bullied for years on end, so I wanted to go to see if I could get some healing from the reunion. It was just the people from 6th class (the last year) which was better for me as I finally wasn't bullied anymore that year.

The reunion did me a ton of good! Talking to people, seeing them for the first time in some 25 yrs, and they were all SO happy to see me! I couldn't believe it, haha.
Old 17-04-2022, 03:36 AM
Experiencer
@FairyCrystal - Glad you enjoyed your reunion! So many people dread or avoid them, but I think they're fun. I never know who anyone is, and don't really know what to say when they ask me what I've been up to (well - I'm an idiot now. I dream a lot (lol)), but it is fun. Fun to see who they've become. And they typically have their lives swirling all around them, preparing for the inevitable "what are you doing now" question, which is kind of cool to see.

I'm glad they were happy to see you! A lot of us tend to feel like outcasts, but their memory of you can easily be quite different from what you remember. I like seeing who they've become as well. It's like adding another "chapter" to them. And it's often surprising. The ways they've grown and the ways they haven't.

Life is so strange and wonderful. I wish everyone enjoyed it!
Old 16-05-2022, 04:35 AM
Master

A psychic came to your school to give a talk. He acted very badly and it was a shame he was not reported to the principal. Fancy saying you have a black aura. That was a nasty thing to say particularly to a school student. He acted unprofessionally. I suspect he wanted you to go so he could be alone with the girls. You were in the way so he said that to get you to leave.