Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-01-2020, 09:54 AM
Newbie ;)

How do we plan our life before incarnation?

My beliefs about spirituality are centered around NDE phenomenon. I've read countless stories about people visiting the other side and their explanations of how our spiritual lives look like. However, one thing seems very off to me and It's about how we plan our life before incarnation.

It seems that going trough suffering in flesh hold pretty big value on the other side. Most NDErs say that we plan every little detail of our lives and often we go absolutely nuts when it comes to plan our challenges and suffering, because we dont fully realize the real consequences of our choices and higher spirits often warns us about our overconfidence before we make these choices final. They say that its all about learning and progress, but for what? Do we get so bored of the heavenly paradise that we every now and then desire to experience something bad so we can appereciate good things again? This twisted kind of masochism that I see in so many of the more detailed NDE stories makes me a bit too much concerned about our reasoning in spirit form.

Does anybody here have some more actual info or theory about our spiritual mindset? Do we secretely want bad things to happen to spice up our blissful eternal lives a bit?

Were gnostics right the whole time about reincarnation system being a trap so dark spirits can feed themselves from our suffering? If so, how do we escape so we never get brainwashed to play this game ever again?

My theory so far is this: Every experience we have in flesh is much more unique than experiences we have on the other side, because we are disconnected from universal knowledge of everything. Unique experiences are the building blocks for creation and the more building blocks we gather by experiencing life as a mystery, the more new stuff we have power to create. I somehow fail to see love in all this. Only the unsatisfiable desire for creating new things again and again... And what popular philosophy says that desire is the origin of all suffering? I would rather learn to be content with blissful eternity than to constantly be searching for something new. What do you think?
Old 11-01-2020, 12:55 PM
hazada guess

Don't laugh but this is my belief.I think I remember that point,I remember seeing a woman and thinking I want to look after her as I knew the man she was married to wasn't going to be alive for very long.Next thing I knew I was falling through blackness to be born,(It is described in another thread),I was born to my mother then shortly after,(3 Years),my father died of cancer so it came to pass that was my reason for incarnating,the rest is free will.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:54 PM
ImthatIm

Maybe the saying is true.

The grass always looks greener on the other side.

I have a longing for the Spirit world, from this side.

When and where do we find contentment?
Old 11-01-2020, 03:05 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Maybe the saying is true.

The grass always looks greener on the other side.

I have a longing for the Spirit world, from this side.

When and where do we find contentment?

When we go back to the spirit world i guess.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:13 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
When we go back to the spirit world i guess.

That is a dilemma, I work on daily.
To bring as much Spirit into this world as possible
since I am here.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:54 PM
Master

I don't often refer to the Bible but the parable of the Prodigal Son comes to mind. He is living quite comfortably in his father's house but he is curious about the outer world so off he goes, has various adventures, ends up in difficulty and then realises he would be far better off back home. So he returns to a big welcome with fatted calves and great rejoicing.

We are all prodigal sons and daughters caught up in the limitations of the worlds of form. At some point we realise that what we seek is our true home. This home is our own Being, and it is found through going within instead of always searching outwards. When we realise our own Being then we find peace, and there is great rejoicing (but no fatted calves).

It is all a great cycle, and when we complete the cycle we understand that all the bad things were part of our learning, and we also realise that we never actually left our father's house in the first place.

Peace
Old 11-01-2020, 10:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunoschut
... What do you think?

I believe suffering isn't necessary, it isn't planned, and it isn't unavoidable.

I don't believe in an anthropomorphic afterlife, but in a formless one.

We incarnate here because we aren't evolved enough not to. We come here to practice reality creation, and obviously we do it badly. Why? Mainly because we can't control our emotions; they control us.

First order of business: get a grip on your fears and angers!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:15 AM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
.... We come here to practice reality creation, and obviously we do it badly. Why?

Mainly because we can't control our emotions; they control us.
First order of business: get a grip on your fears and angers!

How did you know that? Yes.
And speak for yourself! I've been practicing Thought Control for years
and years now. Emotions have no hold over me! And they've tried!!!!

And one of the reasons I practice meditation and thought control is I knew I better get my act together for the Other Side!!!
I'm doin' pretty darn good at it, too !~!

'''''''
To speak more to Yuno,

When on the Other Side we 'see'.
We see how fast we can grow in this place...languishing, relaxing in La-la Land is great! The In-between place.
But do we want 'great'?
Not after seeing what more there really is.

When we are there we are witness to just how High we really can go...and we see
that we are still impure, we are not ready or able to go to such High Planes.
We learn that purity of heart and mind are the key to the entry to the Higher Realms - closer to the Divine.

So, alas, with great enthusiasm, yes...we decide we want to progress more.
We are willing to conquer adversity - why? To acquire knowledge - to be able to live in Reality anywhere.
Reality being Satchitanand ---or the consciousness of Bliss ---God realization, Heaven, Home,
Union with our Source...by many names.

Hanging in comfort? Well, we can't bend the iron to the shape we want
without the fire or hammer.
Earning a place in the Higher Celestial Realms - to be able to 'withstand' the dimension or the frequency that is
our ultimate Goal -takes some major preparation.
and being faced with the mean neighbor, the angry boss,
--So, to be able to love and see who they really are, forgive them
without even being bothered really by them ---to be able to
transform your soul to be like, say, an Ascended Master, a Saint or
more like our Father in service---is quite the pinnacle of success.

Will I reach that Goal on the beach? I do realize certain things, sure...but when faced with evil, pure meanness and spite
and cruelty and injustice
can I smile and overcome it with ease?
Knowing what's what? What is happening in Reality...
Going beyond the egoic entrapment of mind?

So...here we are practicing, learning, being confronted with job loss, romantic heartbreak, mean families - to rise....rise above all of it...
wanting o-n-e thing -
I call that God Himself and only God.
I can call it Krishna, Brahma, the Nothingness before all creation, Divine Light, the All That Is...my True Self.

So with enthusiastic insight we want to come back here to overcome and learn with valiance, but mostly to love - to love the unlovable...
to be worthy and able to go before the Throne boldly and fearlessly...to speak in Biblical terms.

Because when faced with such Purity, our soul draws back.
Do you want that? No.
We have to get rid of our unconscious shame and guilt.
And that takes some deliberate steadfast work. Why?
Because we have spent eons in this Distraction called Earth or Illusion.
The Dream.
We have deliberately chosen that over the Holiness of our Creator.
Oh, the undoing of the ego is a trip.
And it doesn't happen in the lower heavenly realms hanging with our loved ones having picnics there.
That would be 'settling'...for way, way, woefully less than What is possible.

So we come back...hoping to learn and purify to be worthy to be with God Himself.

My take anyway.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-01-2020, 05:07 PM
Master

I agree with what has been said and there are known techniques that can help master and control suffering at many levels, such as meditation. We are here to practice reality creation is true but what reality do people think that means, create physical things. We are here I think to create reality within self, soul. Soul learning. I've noticed to, much of the suffering I experience was from others suffering. something I saw. I think this is the 2nd part of learning once moving from it is about the me. It is also about the way we create reality. The reality we are in right now is temporary and therefore an illusion we practice in. I think the school we are in is multifaceted and in the end all pass.
Old 13-01-2020, 04:13 AM
Master
We plan it out generally. Certain marks we have to hit and specific lessons we must undergo.

Other than that a lot of it is free will and creating your own future.