Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 29-01-2023, 09:52 PM
Seeker

house on fire

In the dream, my dad and I are making a project. This project right now is putting a tar backing on a rug. In rug making, you don't use tar, but for some reason, I was tasked with putting hot tar on woven jute (or a jute-like rug). Dad walked away when he thought I could handle it, even though every time I put tar on the jute, a ball of flame would go up. I kept putting the tar on the jute and the flames kept getting bigger. Finally the ball of flame went up into the rafters (I think we were in a basement) and the house caught on fire. No one seemed to care. I woke up after then.
Old 29-01-2023, 10:50 PM
Pathfinder

Whatever project is currently going on in your life right now or about to start shortly is a non runner with your dad. It will all go up in flames.
Old 30-01-2023, 12:31 AM
Seeker

I'm not doing anything with my dad. We just finished one, but nothing we are teaming up on.
Old 30-01-2023, 01:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsy
I'm not doing anything with my dad. We just finished one, but nothing we are teaming up on.

it *might* be related to what you said in your 'Moi' post... maybe your subconscious is telling you that whatever decisions are are trying to make are somehow flawed and likely to lead to ruin...

your dad might have set it in motion with his treatment of you, but you are working on it on your own now. Maybe there is something he taught you to cherish, that isn't quite something you should aspire to have? maybe if you could unravel what putting 'tar' on a 'rug' means to you that would give you a clue... you seemed to have felt from the dream that maybe that wasn't the way one usually goes about things but you were going along with it anyway even though you could clearly see where it was leading...
Old 30-01-2023, 07:25 AM
Pathfinder

The rug could be the pattern that's been woven between you and your dad. You keep putting hot tar on it and it flames up. Perhaps this is your reaction to your dad. I.e. anger based on guilt. Somehow the whole house from basement to rafters goes on fire. The basement symbolising the root cause of your issue. Fire here could be transformative and erased the old way of thinking. You change but no one notices. While putting tar on rug is not the usual way of doing things. Somehow going along with it works out for you. Hope this helps. thanks for the feedback.
Old 30-01-2023, 10:18 AM
irisa

Hi Batsy,

what comes to my mind when thinking about your dream:

breaking with a tradition...afraid of it causing a break between you and your family (or dad). Instead of it only being a tradition it maybe even more has to do with breaking with believe/faith/religion...knowing you´re choice or action will cause (huge) upheavel. But this might be only at first. After ´being burnt down´ something new can be build...fire can cleanse and heal as well...
Old 31-01-2023, 03:41 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hi Batsy,

what comes to my mind when thinking about your dream:

breaking with a tradition...afraid of it causing a break between you and your family (or dad). Instead of it only being a tradition it maybe even more has to do with breaking with believe/faith/religion...knowing you´re choice or action will cause (huge) upheavel. But this might be only at first. After ´being burnt down´ something new can be build...fire can cleanse and heal as well...
That makes a lot of sense actually.
Old 31-01-2023, 03:46 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it *might* be related to what you said in your 'Moi' post... maybe your subconscious is telling you that whatever decisions are are trying to make are somehow flawed and likely to lead to ruin...

your dad might have set it in motion with his treatment of you, but you are working on it on your own now. Maybe there is something he taught you to cherish, that isn't quite something you should aspire to have? maybe if you could unravel what putting 'tar' on a 'rug' means to you that would give you a clue... you seemed to have felt from the dream that maybe that wasn't the way one usually goes about things but you were going along with it anyway even though you could clearly see where it was leading...
I cherish very little of what my dad taught me. He is passive and an enabler, but tried to make up for it by screaming and yelling (bullying) people that he saw were smaller than him. I love him and have a good relationship with him (now), but he does not embody very much that I value.