Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 24-07-2022, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
I got this idea from John Kehoe’s website. He’s a great writer on this subject, and has lots of handy hints.
This is one reason I come here...I learn SO much! I had never heard of him!!
Ah, I see his book is on Mind Power..I'm all into everyone realizing their own Mind Power!
And here's a youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNKCf5BsNys

Better for some, only 7 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2PRe-GDIT4

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-07-2022, 07:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeColo
I read somewhere that the subconscious does not register the word "not." Prevent from happening is probably the same as "not." ...
On the same lines with some of the above posts: your subconscious materializes what you focus on.

This means what you focus on all the time, not only when you make affirmations.

When you think / say that you want something to go way, or that you don't want something, your focus is on that way or something that you don't want. So it isn't about using "not", but about your focus.

There is a popular example: "there are no pink elephants". This phrase automatically triggers in your imagination a fleeting image of a pink elephant.

Also, your subconscious reacts to your emotional intensity, and not on how long you hold a thought. If all day-long you serenely think about your wishful rosy future, but you get a fleeting intensely strong feeling of fear (just a few seconds), the latter will rather manifest.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:13 AM
Knower

Once, trimming ear hairs, I mentally affirmed that I'd remain comfortable. I slipped slightly, cut myself just enough to break the skin, but felt no pain! Now, when trimming ear or nose hairs, I affirm to remain comfortable, and for my skin to remain intact. This usually works.

JoeColo