Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 20-10-2021, 01:58 PM
Seeker

Reply to Lorelyen

I will reply within the text you wrote, in all CAPS, for clarity...

In scientific method it would have to be repeatable to become a hypothesis.

WELL, NO. WHAT YOU WRITE ONLY APPLIES IF IT IS NOT ALREADY ACCEPTED SCIENTIFIC TRUTH. AND BY THAT I AM NOT REFERING TO THE NDE, I AM SPECIFICALLY REFERRING TO DR. ALEXANDER INDICATING THAT HIS BRAIN COULD NOT PRODUCE THOSE IMAGES.

A GP WHO LOOKS AT AN X-RAY AND SEES A BREAK IN THE BONE DOES NOT HAVE TO ENGAGE SOME ELABORATE STUDY WITH CONTROLS TO PROVE IT IS A BREAK.

A NEUROSURGEON LIKE DR. ALEXANDER IS, ABSOLUTELY, AN EXPERT IN THE BRAIN AND DOES NOT HAVE TO ENGAGE SOME ELABORATE STUDY TO PROVE THAT A CERTAIN LEVEL OF INFLAMMATION IN THE BRAIN WILL HAVE EFFECT.

Looking him up, he seems a bit of a populist and I can't accept his idea that he was brain dead.

JUST BECAUSE TO YOU HE SEEMS A POPULIST DOESN'T MEAN HE IS. WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE THAT HE IS SOME LYING MANIPULATIVE, MONEY GRUBBING SHILL? YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF, NOT AT ALL.
THE GUY COULD BE A COMPLETE SAINT. WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF HIS PERSONAL LIFE, HIS REPUTATION FOR HELPING OTHERS, PROOF OF HIS MORALITY? YOU ARE JUST MAKING AN ASSERTION
WITHOUT PROOF BECAUSE IT TENDS TO SERVE THE NARRATIVE YOU WANT TO BE TRUE...THAT HE MUST BE LYING. BUT...WHAT IF...HE ISN'T???

That means the brain is dead. The clinical definition of brain dead is that the brain has ceased to function.

Here's a brief summary which you can research for yourself:
"Brain death is a legal definition of death. It is the complete stopping of all brain function and cannot be reversed. It means that, because of extreme and serious trauma or injury to the brain, the body's blood supply to the brain is blocked, and the brain dies. Brain death is death."

BRAIN "DEATH" FAR MORE SCIENTIFICALLY COMPLICATED THAN THE SIMPLE DEFINITION THAT YOU CITE ABOVE. THAT IS NOT SOME KIND OF IMPRIMATUR FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

The key point is that it isn't reversible.

RESPECTFULLY, YOU ARE NOT OFFERING PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL EVIDENCE. THE BRAIN IS QUITE COMPLEX AND QUITE VARIED. IT DEFINITELY DOES HAVE ABILITY TO RECOVER IN VARIOUS WAYS. THAT HE WAS "BRAIN DEAD" DOES NOT INDICATE
THAT HE COULD NOT COME BACK TO FULL BRAIN HEALTH. YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY MEDICAL EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST THAT.

My conclusion, given he's returned to normality with no apparent sign of brain damage is that he wasn't brain dead at all and his near death experience might have needed mechanical support but his brain was alive and well and we have no indication of its imaging capability.

YES, THAT IS YOUR LINE OF ARGUMENTATION, BUT IT IS HARDLY ANYTHING CLOSE TO MEDICAL EVIDENCE. AND PLEASE NOTE, NO DOCTORS, AND NO ONE IN GENERAL, HAS EVER COME FORWARD DISPUTING DR. ALEXANDER'S MEDICAL CLAIMS. NO ONE.

His pedigree is questionable. He may have qualified as a neurosurgeon but his history is checkered.

YOU HAVE PROOF HIS HISTORY IS "CHECKERED?" YOU MIGHT WANT TO BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL MAKING A STATEMENT LIKE THAT. YOU CAN LITERALLY BE USED FOR LIBEL.

Announcing "proof of heaven" in a populist men's magazine was asking for trouble. Why not "Nature", Scientific American or any of the Neuroscience journals? It also seems he was done for malpractice several times.

I suspect he hasn't been published in neuroscience journals in the UK (the BNA).

YOU SUSPECT? WITH ZERO EVIDENCE, YOU SUSPECT? WHAT EXACTLY DOES THAT MEAN? IF I SUSPECT YOU ARE A CHILD MOLESTER, DOES IT MAKE THAT TRUE? ARE YOU AT ALL FAMILIAR
WITH THE MEDICAL DISCIPLINE AND COMMUNITY? ALMOST ALL OF THEM EITHER HAVE TO PUBLISH OR THEY GET FIRED. IF HE WAS A PRACTICING NEUROSURGEON IT ALMOST CERTAINLY MEANS HE PUBLISHED.

I have no immediate access to the indices so I can't look anything up - but I see he's been mentioned in a couple of American medical journals more in a debate than research capacity.

There's no mention of any metering of his functions during his NDE that would enlighten us about the degree to which his brain could image so we just have to accept what he says as anecdote of personal experience. That sort of thing doesn't stand up to peer review.

AGAIN ABSOLUTELY NO ONE HAS COME FORWARD TO DISPUTE HIS ASSERTIONS. AND WHY? BECAUSE HE COULD TAKE THEM TO COURT AND SUE THEM.

Proof is too strong a word.

YOU ARE ASSERTING THAT PROOF IS TOO STRONG OF A WORD. OK. I CAN ASSERT THAT YOU WERE ABDUCTED BY ALIENS AND FORCED TO WATCH 1000 HOURS OF YODELING. JUST BECAUSE I ASSERT
THAT, DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE. WHEN YOU SAY PROOF IS TOO STRONG OF A WORD, YOU ARE BASICALLY SAYING THAT A NEUROSURGEON CANNOT MAKE A PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT ABOUT THE STATE OF
BRAIN ACTIVITY. IT'S PATENTLY, ON ITS FACE, NOT TRUE. HE CAN. THEY DO. THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME.
Old 20-10-2021, 02:07 PM
Seeker

if anyone else would like to confront what I post online, please first contact my mother. She runs the professional "My Son is An Idiot" website. You really should clear all things by her first. She is a top tier debunker of anyone's possible attempts at self-worth and can easily destroy anyone's ability to have any joy, ever.

She is also a vampire, one of the undead, stalks the living, is in collusion with a family of succubi, has been rumored to murder and eat small children, and Judge Judy herself is known to fear her. She is mystery, mayhem, disorder and disruption. The NSA has frequently used her in covert operations, to destroy the confidence of US enemies, with her endless criticism about folk's choices for coats for bad weather. "That!?! You are wearing that!?! You will catch the death of a cold. And what will the neighbors think, that you have a mother who will let her son die the death of a cold? No, wear something decent!"

A plethora of known terrorists have committed suicide rather than listen to her endless rantings. She is power and terror, though she sits in assisted living watching her daily soap operas.
Old 20-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Hi ShivaG ---nothing to do with your posts themselves but, we don't do Caps around here...it's like shouting. Sorry.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-10-2021, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaGoal4444
She runs the professional "My Son is An Idiot" website.
She is a top tier debunker of anyone's possible attempts at self-worth
and can easily destroy anyone's ability to have any joy, ever.

A plethora of known terrorists have committed suicide rather than listen to her endless rantings.
OMG, I can't stop laughing ...you could be a stand-up comedian.
Thank you for this material.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-10-2021, 07:48 PM
Administrator
Have to agree with Miss hepburn

Namaste
Old 08-02-2022, 11:12 PM
Knower
In NDEs, the idea of being flat-line brain dead has to be verified. If it isn't, the "experience" can be coming in from another direction. Eben was in a coma and was not "brain dead."

My argument with things he said starts here: (Bold font is my addition.)

"Evil was present in all the other universes as well, but only in the tiniest
trace amounts. Evil was necessary because without it free will was
impossible
, and without free will there could be no growth—no
forward movement, no chance for us to become what God longed for
us to be. Horrible and all-powerful as evil sometimes seemed to be in a
world like ours, in the larger picture love was overwhelmingly dominant,
and it would ultimately be triumphant."

So ... it seems this "other side" believes that the horrible things that we are surrounded with are - necessary? Isis beheadings are - necessary? The killing of how many innocent people with nuclear bombs on Japan was - necessary?

Sounds more like this is coming in from another direction.

NDEs are only half the picture ... there are also what I call ADEs (actual death experiences - complete with burial). You see and hear about these non-empathic people all the time ... what do you think the paranormal is all about?

All that's needed is a person unconscious (like in this case, in a coma) ... not brain dead, and what I call paranormal data transfer can occur. It's really very simple ... I've had it happen to me while sleeping.

In this case, Eben thinks God (or what he called Om) was telling him this. Sounds like someone is trying to justify their position. Eben tells other people ... no one questions anything ... and - OK - EVIL is NECESSARY!