Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 12-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Master
How to cure Chronic Insomnia and Head Cramps???

Hello wonderful peoples.

Can Chronic Insomnia ..being a form of acute/post-traumatic stress disorder ..similar to soldiers after a war...be incurable.???

Also head cramps ( similiar to those YUK ones some of us get in the leg) When a person wakes up partly paralyzed and in sheer head pain until they are able to be move?

Is there a natural way ?

Last edited by Smiler : 12-05-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 PM
clovelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Hello wonderful peoples.

Can Chronic Insomnia ..being a form of acute/post-traumatic stress disorder ..similar to soldiers after a war...be incurable.???

Also head cramps ( similiar to those YUK ones some of us get in the leg) When a person wakes up partly paralyzed and in sheer head pain until they are able to be move?

Is there a natural way ?

At times I suffer both of these but it wouldn't be as bad post-traumatic stress disorder, though I have gotten to the point of anxiety.
What I found has worked wonders for me is avoiding computers, TV & caffeine. Then taking a bath and having a deep meditation while lying in bed. Also helpful is if you can find someone to give you a massage.

Good luck, I can really sympathize with what you are going through.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Master
I avoid tv bad tv and caffeine all the time. Lavender oil therapy is good as well. As for herbs you can google to see what is right for you. It sounds like you're getting migraines from the anxiety.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Master
Clovelly

Thankyou so much; I dont watch very much TV at all.. probadly less than 10 percent..and then it has to be something light..I do drink about 4 or 5 coffees a day. So I will change that Thank you. I havent done a deep meditation for a long time.. Use to do them daily .. So thank you for that too. Wish I could get a massage .. I tend to be the person giving them in my life ..will have to work on that .

Bless you
:)
Old 12-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Master
Hi Spiritlite

Thank you Caffeine is definitely on the MUST Go List !Will try the lavender oil and google herbs. I was a seriously bad migraine sufferer since 15 yrs old. They stopped about a year ago ( the migraines). You got me thinking maybe bad/ angry vibes from people set this off?

Bless you 2
Old 22-06-2011, 05:28 AM
astroboy

Quote:
Hello wonderful peoples.

Is there a natural way ?

I have a remedy here for you. Mix any 4 of the following and drink alot of cooling tea after that.

Almond
Pistachio
Walnut
Pine Seed
Cashew Nut
Pumpkin Seed
Sunflower Seed

Grind it into a powder or paste and consume an amount equivalent to 2 capsules daily. I add cooling herbs powder which is obtainable in Chinese medicine shops.

I prescribe this to most of my clients especially students who have to study loads. After taking these capsules, I could handle "Grand Master Sudoku" with ease.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:08 PM
LightFilledHeart

Let's face it, all of us are under stress to some degree, whether mental, emotional, or physical. Just the chemicals we are bombarded with on a daily basis, be they in our food or water or simply chemtrail introduced into the air we breath, are enough to put our bodies under stress!

I find meditation to be a good cure for much of the tension that collects in my physical and emotional body. Some other things help as well, such as valerian tea sipped a half an hour before bedtime, Tranquil blend Young Living Oil dabbed on the wrists, behind the ears and at the pulse point of the throat on the front of the neck, weekly relaxing full body massages, etc. I also find great serenity and uplift in nature, and getting out in that environment on a regular basis helps me sleep as well. I also discovered that an overgrowth of candida albicans (commonly known as yeast,and almost at epidemic proportions in the general populace these days!) can also cause elevated levels of anxiety. Clearing that out can make a HUGE difference!

Oh, and don't forget sound!!! There are many soothing and relaxing tapes/CD's that bring peace and tranquility to jangled nerves :)

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 22-06-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Hello wonderful peoples.

Is there a natural way ?

Sorry to briefly hijack the thread.

Smiler if you find a solution that works for you, please let me know. I have had chronic insomnia for years, usually 3-5 nights a week I cannot fall asleep until daybreak, then only because exhaustion sets it.

I myself have tried everything from herbs to heavy duty sleeping pills, to copious exercise before bed time and nothing has worked except total exhaustion from lack of sleep.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Master
Scribat .. I most certainly will tell you when I find something that is proven on me.. I feel for you *hug* its not fun at all!!...Especially when you feel a good sleep coming and have to get up for work ...its a wonder we aren't all crinkly and wrinkly .

:) XX
Old 22-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Jules

Mrs!! get to bed ;)xx