Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2022, 09:54 AM
Master
How does a being, become?

How does a being, that is being without becoming (existence as existence itself), how does that become a being with becoming?

How does that which exists, as existence itself, being... How does that enter a state of becoming?

Existence doesnt have to become, it simply is. It cannot even become! It simply is. Existence. Non existence doesn't exist.

So how does becoming exist at all? Change. Where does the being with becoming come from?

Because if existence is also a duality, of being and becoming, and non existence doesnt exist. Then duality is the most eternal and infinite and absolute reality that exists.

There is nothing more absolute than existence itself. Non existence literally doesnt exist. And if existence is nothing more than a duality of being and becoming, then existence is a duality. And then only duality can exist. Forever. Even beyond time and space. Duality would then be the most absolute reality in and of existence and even as existence itself.
Old 14-09-2022, 05:58 PM
Master

Some might consider this the ultimate question - how does something arise out of nothing?

Some philosophies express this in terms of numbers. The Zero becomes One which becomes Two (which is really Three) which becomes Seven which manifests as the ten thousand things.

Or some say that the Absolute first expresses as Sound ("In the beginning was the Word...") which expresses as Light which becomes Vibration which becomes Energy which then manifests as Form.

Or some may say that the Absolute expresses as Purusha (Spirit) and Prakriti (Primordial Matter) out of which is born Consciousness out of which all else comes.

But for me the ultimate question is not how but why? Why does anything exist at all?

I have no idea.

Peace

Last edited by iamthat : 14-09-2022 at 07:41 PM.
Old 16-09-2022, 07:52 AM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
How does a being, that is being without becoming (existence as existence itself), how does that become a being with becoming?
Hi..
Sorry, I couldn't understand this. What is 'being'? and what does it became/becoming/will become?

Is it like, Water becoming waves and whirlpools and rivers and streams and falls and pond and ocean? Like, full moon becoming half after 7 days and becomes extinct after 7 days and becoming half again after 7 days and becomes full again after 7 days?

Please explain me this, as I am very ignorant and foolish, and I can learn and understand.

Thank you.
Old 16-09-2022, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
Hi..Sorry, I couldn't understand this.
I do not understand it either, you are not alone. If it were said in a diff way, I'm sure I could.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-09-2022, 10:23 AM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I do not understand it either, you are not alone. If it were said in a diff way, I'm sure I could.
Even if it said in different way, I can't understand.

Just to pass time I am asking this, as I know I can't.

Old 16-09-2022, 07:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Then duality is the most eternal and infinite and absolute reality that exists.
Let us be careful here. As mind moves it tends to idealize things which can be inaccurate in reality, meaning those things which go beyond mind can not be realized by using the mind.
Old 16-09-2022, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
What is 'being'? and what does it became/becoming/will become?
My original response was based on the following interpretation:

Being is a state of limitless unchanging formless existence.

Becoming pertains to experience within limited ever-changing form.

Hence the question, how does something come out of nothing?

The principles which apply to the manifestation of Creation (the macrocosm) also apply to the manifestation of a human being (the microcosm).

The idea of becoming implies that something changes from one limited state to a different limited state. Human experience and growth is a continual process of becoming. This usually means some kind of expansion and development in our capacities.

The difficulty is that no amount of change will lead us to changelessness. No amount of expansion will make something limited into something which is limitless.

So how does limitless Being contract into a state of limited experience? And how does limited experience lead us back to a state of limitless existence?

As for the later part of the original post about existence as a duality and duality being absolute reality, this is indeed confusing so I did not attempt to answer this. Perhaps Ewwerrin can clarify what is meant.

Peace
Old 16-09-2022, 09:38 PM
Master
sry I know its hard to find the proper words. Ill explain again bellow.

@iamthat thanks for sharing the nice perspectives.
and I also would like to know why. Maybe the why and how are linked.

not healthy atm, excuse me if I write something weird. I'll do my best to explain the question in a different way.

Question Explanation:
1. existence/being/unchanging.

2. becoming/change.

How did 1 become 2? Because if 1 became 2 then 1 is not one.
So it seems like 2 doesnt doesnt exist, or cannot, exist. Yet, we obviously know it does.

Thats why I asked, how does 1 become 2? How does a being become a becoming?

And if they eternally simultaneously exist, doesnt that mean that existence is then a duality? Which means, everything is.? Which means everything is fake and nonexistent?
Old 16-09-2022, 10:07 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
How did 1 become 2?
That's unknowable so I don't worry about it.

Quote:
So it seems like 2 doesnt exist, or cannot, exist. Yet, we obviously know it does.
Do all the characters in your dream, including your dream body, actually exist? Well, from the perspective inside the dream they sure seem real, but when you wake up you realize they weren't real.
Old 16-09-2022, 10:09 PM
Master
I actually cant write rifht now but ill try. because i wppreciate so much this amazing clarity from iamthat. sry it may be wrotten weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
My original...
... Peace
This is amazing... I never thought another person on this planet ever even knew, or could even know, about this question. You explained it waaay better than me. And the part that you mentioned was confusing, was literally me expressing my own confusion. Regarding conclusions from certain experimental assumptions.

, like change and unchanging are equal, and so then its a paradox and contradiction, which means, existence exists as much as it does not. Which obviously cannot be because non existence doesnt exist.

I can talk hours about this but cant at the moment. Existence covers a whole lot of things, ohviously, lol.

Especially now, I cannot explain it better, because it's a complicated subject and I need clarity of mind.

But ty for explaining my question so well. This is probably the most significant question that I have ever found. And yet very confusing to talk about it. And to think that another human being, or just another being that can communicate at all!, to think that someone would understand. At all. This question that I am having, and care so much about.

Woah... Makes my interest in the subject feel less lonely lol.

I used to know allot of people had interest in this and then they dissapeared from my experience.