Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-08-2022, 03:58 AM
Pathfinder
Non-dual understanding + Manifestation

I've come to a recent understanding that the only constant experience that has been with me since I can remember being 'alive' is the one that is aware - 'I', and that everything else is a concept or a belief.
However! I am very curious now.. have any of you folks noticed 'patterns' per say.. that seem to be consistent in our human experience? For example, the concept/belief that we attract what we are, or it's all about what we pay attention to, so if we pay attention to something and focus on it and believe that it will happen fully, it will eventually come to fruition.
Because for me - about 8-9 years ago I realized I did not have self love, and I decided to do something about this by doing what makes me happy and doing what I love to do. Ever since I made that decision, there was a radical transformation and the kinds of situations I was finding myself in and the people I was meeting was incredible - it was a 180 shift for sure. This kind of journey has continued and in some ways to me it seems like some kind of pattern of what I put out I receive back?

Have others experienced things that seem to be consistent in a lot of ways? I understand again that this is all a belief, but nonetheless here we are in this human experience and it is still nonetheless interesting to hear what others' human experience has been like!!!!
Old 14-08-2022, 07:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by selflove929
I've come to a recent understanding that the only constant experience that has been with me since I can remember being 'alive' is the one that is aware ... Have others experienced things that seem to be consistent in a lot of ways?
Indeed, awareness is the one unchanging constant in a sea of change.

One way in which awareness expresses itself through the human form is through a continual flow of creative energy. This creative energy is modified by our mental and emotional filters to create our experience in our so-called external environment.

So as you say, we attract what we are and what we focus on. Energy follows thought. The external is a reflection of the internal.

If people have mental or emotional blockages then the creative energy gets distorted - what we experience is still a reflection of our inner nature but it may not be what we want.

But if we are aligned with awareness and higher purpose then everything seems to flow with perfect timing, giving rise to all sorts of synchronicities. It may all be an illusion from a higher perspective but it certainly makes daily life easier.

Peace
Old 14-08-2022, 11:03 PM
Master
@selflove929, good post!

Everything is interconnected and starts with how one perceives one's self. How one perceives one's self, is how one perceives everything else in reality.

It seems to me that most people come into spirituality with either an exaggerated/inflated sense of self worth (This is what most people call the ego) or with a low sense of self worth, which creates a hell for said person.
Old 15-08-2022, 06:03 AM
Master

Quote:
However! I am very curious now.. have any of you folks noticed 'patterns' per say.. that seem to be consistent in our human experience? For example, the concept/belief that we attract what we are,

Great post. In Zen Buddhism they have the 10 Ox Herding Pictures, so the seeker goes through stages to master his own mind and then returns to the 'market place'
or ordinary world as it were to live or conduct business etc. I recognise the 'I' that you speak about and that in itself is an astonishing realisation, the one constant.

Problem probably has been that somehow our realisation is not deep enough yet and we seek material compensation somehow,
some kind of reimbursement for our spiritual efforts even. This is how it has been for me at times. There have been plenty of 'Patterns' that emerged in terms of synchronicities,
and the supernatural but there has never been very clear patterns of worldly success, although i may fail to recognise them and value them tbh. Worth pondering.
I think I've had problems separating out the material side of life and the spiritual, not that they have needed separating, its only now after a long journey that I think i've got a handle on it.

An example of synchronicity that seemed unrelated to my bank account was when I once was involved in converting a Courthouse into a Tibetan Buddhist Centre.
I was cleaning one of the holding cells upstairs, cleaning paint off the walls and admiring the graffiti left by high level prisoners, IRA prisoners and top English Gangsters like the Krays.
I turned to a friend who was next to me and realised that he was a nephew of a detective who had arrested someone very close to me for a very serious crime back in Ireland,
(long story because i had known him for a few years) we were now in London, cleaning up a prison cell to make it habitable for Buddhists At that moment a Buddhist nun knocked
on the door of the cell she was a chaplain to prisoners in Canada. Of course where the Judge Sat in the main Court Room they placed a 15 foot stature of the Buddha
..So that was a kind of prison pattern. But there have been a few of these patterns with different themes.

Anyway thanks for your post I find it inspiring and I'd like to revisit the marketplace with fresh eyes. :) Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 17-08-2022, 01:50 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you for your response iamthat!

Ahhh yes! Most certainly it does make life easier when things seem to effortlessly flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Indeed, awareness is the one unchanging constant in a sea of change.

One way in which awareness expresses itself through the human form is through a continual flow of creative energy. This creative energy is modified by our mental and emotional filters to create our experience in our so-called external environment.

So as you say, we attract what we are and what we focus on. Energy follows thought. The external is a reflection of the internal.

If people have mental or emotional blockages then the creative energy gets distorted - what we experience is still a reflection of our inner nature but it may not be what we want.

But if we are aligned with awareness and higher purpose then everything seems to flow with perfect timing, giving rise to all sorts of synchronicities. It may all be an illusion from a higher perspective but it certainly makes daily life easier.

Peace
Old 17-08-2022, 01:52 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you for your response MikeS80!

Ayeee! May I ask from what place you came to find a deepening to your spirituality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
@selflove929, good post!

Everything is interconnected and starts with how one perceives one's self. How one perceives one's self, is how one perceives everything else in reality.

It seems to me that most people come into spirituality with either an exaggerated/inflated sense of self worth (This is what most people call the ego) or with a low sense of self worth, which creates a hell for said person.
Old 17-08-2022, 01:56 AM
Pathfinder
Weee thank you for sharing Joe Mc!

It is nice to hear peoples' experiences with synchronicities where it leaves peoples' minds going 'what in the name of!!!!' Hahahaha.

From your experience, do you find that in some ways it's almost like a cycle? You're at and viewing the marketplace, then you wander off a bit and then you come back and then wander off and the cycle continues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Great post. In Zen Buddhism they have the 10 Ox Herding Pictures, so the seeker goes through stages to master his own mind and then returns to the 'market place'
or ordinary world as it were to live or conduct business etc. I recognise the 'I' that you speak about and that in itself is an astonishing realisation, the one constant.

Problem probably has been that somehow our realisation is not deep enough yet and we seek material compensation somehow,
some kind of reimbursement for our spiritual efforts even. This is how it has been for me at times. There have been plenty of 'Patterns' that emerged in terms of synchronicities,
and the supernatural but there has never been very clear patterns of worldly success, although i may fail to recognise them and value them tbh. Worth pondering.
I think I've had problems separating out the material side of life and the spiritual, not that they have needed separating, its only now after a long journey that I think i've got a handle on it.

An example of synchronicity that seemed unrelated to my bank account was when I once was involved in converting a Courthouse into a Tibetan Buddhist Centre.
I was cleaning one of the holding cells upstairs, cleaning paint off the walls and admiring the graffiti left by high level prisoners, IRA prisoners and top English Gangsters like the Krays.
I turned to a friend who was next to me and realised that he was a nephew of a detective who had arrested someone very close to me for a very serious crime back in Ireland,
(long story because i had known him for a few years) we were now in London, cleaning up a prison cell to make it habitable for Buddhists At that moment a Buddhist nun knocked
on the door of the cell she was a chaplain to prisoners in Canada. Of course where the Judge Sat in the main Court Room they placed a 15 foot stature of the Buddha
..So that was a kind of prison pattern. But there have been a few of these patterns with different themes.

Anyway thanks for your post I find it inspiring and I'd like to revisit the marketplace with fresh eyes. :) Joe.

Old 17-08-2022, 02:03 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you for the posts folks! And for anyone viewing this thread and has thought maybe I'll share.. but thought nah maybe not, please share ! It's very enjoyable to read other peoples' experiences with these types of 'life patterns' one has seen in their life, and honestly I don't have a whole lot of friends I speak to about these sorts of matters. It is all refreshing.

(I do however have one bestest friend I speak to about these types of topics and this very friend I met through spiritual forums!! I am lucky)
Old 17-08-2022, 04:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Weee thank you for sharing Joe Mc!

It is nice to hear peoples' experiences with synchronicities where it leaves peoples' minds going 'what in the name of!!!!' Hahahaha.

Yes indeed, the aha moments ! Writing about synchronicities can leave the impression that the events are somewhat flat and meaningless but synchronicities and such like are often filled with an emotional thunder, an awakening and sometimes an ecstasy etc. very powerful and remarkable events.
Recently I have been thinking about the 'marketplace' and how first of all it serves us. An obvious point but we have often ended up with a feeling that we serve it. Serving can be a good thing of course but often it can leave us with a feeling of emptiness, confusion and anger or unfairness because of the games the the marketplace plays. So these feelings it brings up show us immediately that we are deluded, and have placed the Cart before the Horse.

There is an old Zen saying, how can you arrive North when your Cart is facing South Or something like that !!! So we have to come into or inhabit a realisation, somehow that we are the summon bonum, the alpha and omega, the cause and the effect, we are truly it !!! And perhaps then we see the marketplace or life itself opening up. We find a genuine awe and see alot more miracles perhaps ? I'm still travelling this path, working on this hypothesis

Seems like a duality but i know the 'way of the world' is not to take the emperors seat, it's too scary and blocked off most of the time instead the world often opts for lesser goals mistaken North for South ! :) ...Thanks for the inspiration and allowing me to write. :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge