Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-10-2022, 08:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Moksha can be interpreted in many different ways. The oldest Moksha doctrine that appeared in early Upanishads is essentially a theory about human psychology. The central claim is that our unconscious minds are almost as intelligent as us, and they have highly competitive personalities. Here the unconscious mind (manas) refers to the mechanism that transforms inputs from the physical universe into conscious experiences. According to this theory, by ignoring this truth we become slaves of our own unconscious minds. This is described as Maya or the great illusion. The theory also says that it is possible to realize the true nature of the conscious self by deep introspection and make it the controller. This is described as Moksha or the liberation.
Old 19-11-2022, 03:10 AM
Newbie ;)

there is no one,
moksha is a story, a concept, a lie
Old 19-11-2022, 07:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali
there is no one,

I don't think it's a lie as such but what I think you are saying is that it's a story
that has built up over time ? I think the concept of moksha is there in all human beings and other sentient life too as a default. If it wasn't there we wouldn't
recognise it even in conceptual form. Theories or stories such as reincarnation etc. which surround the idea of Moksha stories as you say are another matter ?
What do you think ?

__________________________________________________ _____

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 20-11-2022, 12:39 PM
Master
quote 33 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Theories or stories such as reincarnation etc. which surround the idea of Moksha stories as you say are another matter
In the very short book, Truth Revealed, Ramana Maharshi states: "Questions regarding the nature of Liberation (Moksha) can arise only so long as there is individuality. Dissolution of the individuality is alone true Liberation eternally attained".

In the introductory comments to the book, there is a relevant note: "the doctrine of karma (and reincarnation by implication) is accepted in this treatise for those who remain bound to the trammels of the body, a bondage which endures just so long as a man considers himself bound".

As you duly noted, there do exist "theories or stories such as reincarnation etc." and they do serve a purpose .... within the realm of Self-imposed limitations. These too shall pass away.

https://www.amazon.com/Truth-Reveale.../dp/B00FH5X78A
Old 20-11-2022, 12:44 PM
Master
QUOTE 32 EXCERPT:
Quote:
moksha is a story, a concept
Moksha is indeed a story, a concept ... but can be useful up to a point.

Refer to my post 34.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...3&postcount=34
Old 21-11-2022, 09:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
As you duly noted, there do exist "theories or stories such as reincarnation etc." and they do serve a purpose .... within the realm of Self-imposed limitations. These too shall pass away.

Thanks for sharing, I think i'll give that little book a read, Christmas Morning might be a good time. Nicely priced too in it's kindle format. Namaste.
Hope you are managing ok with the snow but perhaps that is not NY City, hell of alot of snow ! God Bless.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 22-11-2022, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I think i'll give that little book a read,
Hope you are managing ok with the snow but perhaps that is not NY City, hell of alot of snow !
That little book is very short but goes very deep very quickly. It's not for beginners but you are not a beginner and I think that you will find it very direct and mind-boggling.

Enjoy.

P.S. You're right. I'm in NYC and we didn't get any snow at all. Nada.
Old 23-11-2022, 07:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That little book is very short but goes very deep very quickly. It's not for beginners but you are not a beginner and I think that you will find it very direct and mind-boggling. Enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up on that little book, sounds just what I would enjoy
atm. Glad you missed that amount of snow.

Old 19-12-2022, 11:29 AM
Quote:
there is no one,
You're new here. Rem to read the Rules under FAQ.
Ya can't just say things like that - "its a lie.'..unless you say ...imo or it is my belief. Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru